Zach's Garage

BBWB

Re: Zach's Garage

Postby BBWB » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:04 am

Thanks Zack. Think I'm just going to order some bolt on 700c's. Been looking for some 27"s, but haven't had much luck. I got one more place to look, an old shop here in town called Bikus. They take in all sorts of stuff and have tons of rims. Just need to go down and look.
Let me draw you a fucking picture!

GTV
ninja

Postby GTV » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:00 pm

Critter1 wrote:Hey Zach, sorry to hear about the loss. Must be gut wrenching... I can only imagine. I'm sure it got all of us thinking how we'd feel to lose the stuff we've busted our asses to build and acquire.

It's no picnic.

Please, everyone do what you've got to do to make sure this doesn't happen to your shop. This is the kind of shit you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy.
Living!

GTV
ninja

Postby GTV » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:53 pm

Ok, I'm back. I've got to get this Westy going. Not sure how far I'll take it or where I'll go after I'm done with it, but it sure ain't going to fix itself.

Yesterday I finally did what I should have done months ago, and moved this beast into my shop. I tried rolling it in on bare 14" steels, but it wasn't low enough #-o So I loaded all 5 of the heavy wheels & tires into the back to lower it more, not quite enough #-o I finally removed the rear fiberglass roof rack and it just barely slides in under the door. \:D/

I've got the right rear completely torn apart to reset the torsion bar, and I've ordered new rubber spring plate bushings. I'm going to re-route and replace the brake hard line and replace the half assed lift plate hardware. A good friend of mine works for Go Westy and is hooking me up with a pair of Vanagon short side automatic trans axles that measure 20.5" (522mm) that will be arriving today.

Now my question, shocks. In the bus now are a pair of Bilstein's that look like they have gone through hell and back from being over extended. I have a brand new pair of KYB Gas-A-Justs (KG5530) that I would like to run but of course they are too short to use with the 2.5" lift plates I have. They have an extended length of 22.2", but I will need at least 25" (measured at full droop).

So I'm looking for some 3" shock extensions. I've been searching around online but haven't found anything yet. Any ideas?
Living!

German Krew

Postby German Krew » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:02 pm

Sorry to you and your family for your huge loss!
Keep your head up like 2pac says.
www.germankrew.com

"My Balls said there would be days like this!" Zan Upperazzi

Franz

Postby Franz » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:40 am

Drill a 3/4" hole through the fame and install a piece of dom tubing for a shock mount 3" lower?? Maybe??

GTV
ninja

Postby GTV » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:10 pm

Franz wrote:Drill a 3/4" hole through the fame and install a piece of dom tubing for a shock mount 3" lower?? Maybe??

Good idea, I didn't think of that! But a good friend is actually setting me up already.
Living!

Return to “Bullshit”