Bankshot

rustabus
Livin' the retired life

Bankshot

Postby rustabus » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:34 pm

So I decided to pull this project outta my Split thread and post up in Bullshit where most of my topics belong! Wink I bought this 54 Oval in the same deal that I got my 52 Split, it was supposed to donate its entire right side to the Split but I kinda knew that I wouldn't be able to cut it up Smile I found other metal for the Split and even though it is completely side tracking, I have been collecting stuff for this build.

Here's the plan!!!!! I'm gonna build a "Faux Drag Car"!!!! =D> =D> =D> All Show-No Go!!!!!! =D> =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Ill be using this Zwitter pan, bought a COMPLETE drum to drum lowered drivetrain from Kevin a few months back so I have a good beam, tranny, brakes and a runner 36 horse, Im putting in just the drivers seat, running the Jackman spindle mount rims I got off of Franz in the front and likely some Appliance rims on the rear, I have an outer skin from a W decklid, not gonna install gauges, got new floor pans waiting at KCW, not sure if I'm gonna pull the door glass or not and I need to scrounge up some kind of racey gas tank to install in the passenger area, thought about getting one of those dumb aluminum wings....... :-k :-k Usual Rusty dumb ideas!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ ...... Think that's it for now Wink

The idea is to have a car that looks like a Nostalgia Drag VW but instead of hauling ass is super light and gets Awesome gas mileage!!'

cookiemonster131

Re: Bankshot

Postby cookiemonster131 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:21 am

really you let the wife drive a jeep liberty?
"With all of those VW's in the parking lot i thought it was a Unitarian Church" Hank Hill

fidysea

Postby fidysea » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:47 am

This is going to be cool. \:D/

I am glad it didn't sell.

Keeping the logos right?

rustabus
Livin' the retired life

Postby rustabus » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:25 am

My wife can't drive stick!!! =D> =D> =D> " Hands off the Aircoolers!!!" =; =D> =D>
Yeah, for sure wanna keep the logos, I have them on the other side too but somebody painted over them with a layer of darker blue, still trying to figure how I can remove it ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Pip Hancox

Postby Pip Hancox » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:42 am

Yep, yep, liking the ideas on this one. O:)
DBK

rustabus
Livin' the retired life

Postby rustabus » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:08 am

Here's the other side, I tried some paint thinner as well as acetone on fine steel wool and tried to scrub the dark blue, No Luck!! ](*,) ](*,) that's on good!!!!!!! any ideas????? :-k

fidysea

Postby fidysea » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:15 am

When I had my bus I did the easy-off thing with steel wool.
I got red off of a re spray white that was overtop of OG.

I tried deferent kinds, HD, regular and off brand.

buy some and do some test. Have water and soap to deactivate.
Experiment with time you leave it on there too. start off quick.

GTV
ninja

Postby GTV » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:21 am

Citristrip.
Living!

john jones

Postby john jones » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:46 am

is this whats in my future this weekend?? a bunch of yelling and hollerin and a bankshot???? :-k :-k :-k [-( [-( [-( [-( [-( [-( [-( [-( [-( [-( [-(
Fortress has been secured.. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
No new dirty shop projects. [-X [-X [-X don't even ask... [-( [-( [-( [-(

rustabus
Livin' the retired life

Postby rustabus » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:55 am

Yep!! =D> =D> I have a healthy gas leak in the Single I gotta look into first ](*,) ](*,) thought I fixed those issues when I put in a replacement tank but I guess not!! ](*,) maybe I'll load the pan on the Single, AAA it over to the shop and then drive White Lightnin over Smile Smile Smile

john jones

Postby john jones » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:01 am

rustabus wrote:Yep!! =D> =D> I have a healthy gas leak in the Single I gotta look into first ](*,) ](*,) thought I fixed those issues when I put in a replacement tank but I guess not!! ](*,) maybe I'll load the pan on the Single, AAA it over to the shop and then drive White Lightnin over Smile Smile Smile

Thats how you get 3 cars to KCW at one time.. :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-#
Fortress has been secured.. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
No new dirty shop projects. [-X [-X [-X don't even ask... [-( [-( [-( [-(

Franz

Postby Franz » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:03 am

Oh damn! Everybody move out! Rustys coming! Duck and cover!

Skak Town

Postby Skak Town » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:12 am

GTV wrote:Citristrip.
Citristrip works amazing if you heat it up a bit with a heat gun after you put it on

Franz

Postby Franz » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:16 am

"RiFF RAFF, aka Jody Highroller, aka the rap game James Franco, is embarking on an incredible mission to become a WWE superstar.

Wrestling icon Hulk Hogan made the epic announcement before the end of 2014 and yes, it’s real, and he’s even going to help!"

Return to “Bullshit”