new names ok'ed If ya log in, post up!!!

john jones

new names ok'ed If ya log in, post up!!!

Postby john jones » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:30 am

People...

I have a TON of lurkers....... I have a TON of people who watch what we do,.. and before the smart phone kick off.. people posted up.. but now.. sooooo many people have cell phones glued to their fucking hands 24/7 that it's much more work to post up.. so they don't... I can't tell you how many people told me at BBB that they watch what we do.. but "should" post more.. yeah I agree..

FUCK cell phones.. I haven't had one for years.. and it's pretty awesome.!!!!!!! If you need to get ahold of me.. call the phone or hey, post up!!!! Wink I have a wife, businesss, 2 kids, employees... and I have no need for a cell phone.

If you open my page, if you look at one thread.. and have one word, even just a smiley face.. anything to say.. Say it.. It only takes seconds to sign in and say something. I seem to be able to say something everyday.. and I am not a big talker!!!!

I try to keep things fresh.. but EVERYONE of you is making it that much harder..

I pay about $500 a month to keep my webpage/ server etc... Starting to seem like a waste to me.. I don't think I have ever had someone bring me a VW AFTER being a part of the forum.. they sign up after they have already brought me a vw.. so to say the web site brings me work may be an exaggeration.??

Even my guys don't post like they used to... #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o
Working on my fortress of solitude.... Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

andym

Re: Post the fuck up! Stop lurking and post!

Postby andym » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:48 am

I think its because the other web sites of social media.. People seemed glued to Facebook and the other picture posting places. I'm not on any of them, but it kinda seems everyone else is on there so that's the jump that needs to be taken to "keep up" with the times. Otherwise you'll just be an old 8 track player and everyone one else is a cd..passed up and gone.

I do try to keep my post alive and props for others.
Andy In Modesto
"23 year olds don't know dick!!!" John Jones

john jones

Postby john jones » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:03 am

hummm... :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k Maybe I should make the switch? Go free like everyone else.. just post my own shit and no one elses.. =; =; =; =; =; =; =; =; =;

cookiemonster131

Postby cookiemonster131 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:24 am

a lot of people have moved onto Facebook for buisness and even Instagram for photo sharing. The one problem is Instagram posting is from a cell phone only. It can be viewed on a computer but not posted from a computer to my knowledge.

Do what you feel necessary and people will adapt and bitch about it in the process. :-#
"With all of those VW's in the parking lot i thought it was a Unitarian Church" Hank Hill

fidysea

Postby fidysea » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:47 am

I do!
But I will try do a little more. I wish I could post progress on my stuff. I just don't have a place to work.

dave

Postby dave » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:13 am

GUILTY, I love checking out your stuff, always have for years now and greatly appreciate the progress posts and sharing of techniques skills and knowledge. I have street rod projects and I hope to someday get another VW to build and share with all you guys on a daily basis. I like em low and nasty which there seems to be more of a restoration / raised up movement these days. I apologize for not posting more just dont feel I have had a lot to contribute lately. I will throw my 2 cents in more often. Thanks again for KCWs hard work even though none of it is on my stuff.
Dave
Let me drop what Im doing and fix your problem

IfItAintSplitItAintShit

Postby IfItAintSplitItAintShit » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:20 am

Hey Fella's

Upon joinin the site here, and settling in, I started a few threads - One y'all will know that I THOUGHT would become REAL popular " Today's Treasures " ... But it seemed after a while that " I " was the only one posting stuff that I had found on the net that I thought you guy's being near the stuff to go do a look-see would be interested in ...

That " Died " I guess & very rarely gets a post anymore ... I am guilty to of just sittin in Lurker mode watching all the goin's on from folks around the globe.. But ! THAT is simply because of my disability & being confined to my wheelchair & the fact that I don't actually OWN a VW vehicle at all ...

I am just a " Fantatic Of All Things VW " really, and marvel at the all the things that folks who are able-bodied do & can do with these things ..

So ! I DON'T post anywhere near as much as I used to, cause I kinda thought as someone who hasn't really got anything to " give " to you fella's on a whole that it was a waste of time & I might be getting on folks nerves in general (Oh ! Fuck ..Theres That Guy From Scotland ..AGAIN !!!!!)... And I didn't want that

John I guess the folks only signin up when you fella's are actually doing work on their rigs is a double-edged-sword sorta thing ...

WHERE WHERE THEY " Before " All This ?

THEIR HERE NOW CAUSE THEY " Have " A VESTED INTEREST (Yes)

(ONLY GOOD THING TO COME OF THIS) - They CAN NOW AT LEAST " Put The Word Out " About The KCW Crew & the awesome work they do, and that " might " bring work either through someone wanting to join the website, OR just popping in in person when in GJ cause they " Heard Through The Grapevine " about this Fella & The Crew ...

The last part IS a " Good " part, cause lets face it YOU WANT THE WORK (Don't Ya ?) so I guess it doesn't " Really " matter where the initial contact or knowledge\interest from a given party comes from ..As long as they bring you something to work on !

Initially I would say " Stay Well Clear " of Social Media .. Mainly because we all know you CAN get bombared with Idiots & Trolls ... But then again, it " Might " be a good thing for business. In my mind there has GOT to be different " ways " of attacking Social Media to keep that to a minimum so if you can find a good-person who can give you some pointers then perhaps signing up might be a good idea & option ...

Personally I think that you are doin' alright the way you are, there are both Busy & Quiet times in every business throughout the year & yours is no exception as we have all seen by comments posted at different times of the years gone by...

" If It Ain't Broke ... Don't Fix It " Comes To Mind ... But Then Again ... " A Change Is As Good As Any " does also ...

I guess with Social Media if you end up not liking it, and it brings " More Headaches Than Benjamins " then you can always delete your accounts & just go back to spending the money you invest at the moment in keeping the website going ...

Your NOT Doin' Too Badly (If You Go Back & Think About Before All This Started When You Had Your Military Career)

...Just My Nickels Worth ...

( HIYA FRANZ How's You Dude ...Nice New Bus Man ...Can't Wait To See This Get Goin' )
If It Ain't Split ... It Ain't Shit ...

Life's Too Short ... Without VW's ...

Wee Andy In "Bonnie Scotland"

penneyma

Postby penneyma » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:11 am

Here are my thoughts as a long time lurker and cell user. I don't like social media for the over exposure to people it allows. Meaning, i don't actually give a flying shit what dude my high school sweetheart is screwing this year, but other friends like her still and somehow i still see her shit from time to time. I am however spoiled by all the car related sites and info, i am obsessed with car builds and people who do real work. KCW is the tops of all the sites i visit, i choose not to post on any other site.
I am a salesman, day in and day out i sell car parts to good shops and idiots alike, i do alot of bs'ing and talking all day long, many times i have nothing good left in me to share thats not full out bitching, and who gives a rats ass what i think about the weather in Ohio?! Plus, the only project not laundry or dishes related(thanks honey) i have going is a teardown and rebuild of the engine in my little snowblower, thansk to a misplaced tarp, it ingested 8 monthes of moisture and carb has tons of crap in it. ](*,) ](*,)
If that is the kinda post everyone wants to see, i can give everyone an update. John, please don't take everyones excuses to mean we don't appreciate the forum and your generosity of making it available to us. This is the most honest and straight forward group of guys and even some gals, and the drama on here if any is all car based and warranted. What about some beanies or stalking caps to sell, just with a logo, and a small internet fee attatched to each? just an idea....don ranting now, might make no damn sense at all, Love you all, Peace!
-Mark

PS here is what i had been working on before Xmas, got dash skinned to cover all the pre-me holes in dash and radio hackery, not as classy as MR Matts super, but still SBC!
dash-patch.jpg
dash-patch.jpg (166.5 KiB) Viewed 2555 times
KCW Stalker

Chad L

Postby Chad L » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:18 am

Oh hell, I am guilty of this crime of lurking in the background! I think the KCW site it is great and love the fact that people all over the world are looking and commenting on VWs. John, you have done an incredible job of building something that brings together not only VW owners but also people interested in preserving VW history so that future generations can DRIVE THESE VEHICLES! Keep it up and as for your site, I would never have sent my bus to you if I wasn't able to watch what you guys do and get a sense of your company's culture. Impressive to say the least. Truly one of a kind. =D>

olaf

Postby olaf » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:25 am

John,

I am on this site at least once a day, but usually three or four. I don't currently own a VW but I grew up in a VW family and had at least one or more from the time I was 16 to about 30. Mostly now I just dream and think about having a vw again when I retire. I don't post too often, but I love to keep up with the builds.

Olaf

dcguy

Postby dcguy » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:50 am

Please, don't switch to Facebook. I fucking hate that site. (How often do I swear? Not often but I FUCKING HATE Facebook.)

People are just not that interesting.
jp

carpe diem, one day, one life, no more.

Superfan!!

Postby Superfan!! » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:21 am

I have made it my New Years resolution to post up, so here it is. I have been a long time lurker here on kcw and have even been out to Colorado a few times to see the guys. But for some reason I haven't posted any of my projects or pics of my adventures. :-({|=

I understand where Jones is coming from and that is why I will give it my best shot here in 2015 to post up and give props to all of you guys that are killin it in your shops as well as the kcw guys!!! \:D/ \:D/

john jones

Postby john jones » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:51 am

Thanks to all.. It seems to be working... \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Sounds like we just need to water our grass a little more over here.... :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Mrs. Muhr

Postby Mrs. Muhr » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:21 pm

I agree, no Facebook. Any random person can like your business page and cause a lot of unwanted drama. I follow a couple of local car pages and all I see is a bunch of whining about my car is built by me not bought by my parents. While amusing, it's gets old and I usually leave the page. I use Facebook to keep in touch with my friends and family back in TX. Or to make the mistake of showing my husband someone selling a '41 Ford. #-o ](*,)

Might I suggest having someone come in and take pictures/videos while you guys work and update the website for you. One less thing for you to have to worry about. Without the web cams now folks can not see your progress until someone makes a post usually at the end of the day.

With everyone being mobile or using some type of tablet, maybe look into an app?

penneyma

Postby penneyma » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:56 pm

I love the app idea, since many of us use our phones, or justify their use all day, everyday. My cusotmers make parts orders by email and text to save time if i cant take their call fast enough- Anyone tech saavy engouh who knows Apps and if one would be free or cost less to opperate than website, or in coordination with it? There has to be some sort of budget forum app to use, even my home brew forum has an app, which i cant say i have used much since i dont have time, but thats a different story... :-({|=
KCW Stalker

Return to “Bullshit”