Busses for sale on samba...Is a joke right?

Franz

Busses for sale on samba...Is a joke right?

Postby Franz » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:22 am

Everybody with a halfway decent split thinks they are worth $10k minimum now???? Even baywindows are getting in on the action.

I love all of the flippers. I love the ads that have the vehicle on the trailer with an inch of dust, like a homie is going to flip it for double without even washing it. ](*,) ](*,) Or the guy who has something halfway nice, but thinks its like a perfect ridler show car or some shit.

Quit kicking tires, and go get a job to make money. Idiots!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1729467
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1712556

End rant.

cookiemonster131

Re: Busses for sale on samba...Is a joke right?

Postby cookiemonster131 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:27 am

yeah i am glad i am not the only one laughing about that. Even our local craigslist are 10k plus for buses drug from barns and running 64-66 bugs.... CRAZYNESS
"With all of those VW's in the parking lot i thought it was a Unitarian Church" Hank Hill

Franz

Postby Franz » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:33 am

Its easy to sell a bus for a fair price right now because of all of this. But how long until it crashes? Sooner or later these skill-less flippers are going to have to sell their investments for what they paid. Or closer to what they are actually worth.

rustabus
Livin' the retired life

Postby rustabus » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:16 am

C'mon don't you know all these things sell for $100G at Barrett Jackson!!!! Wink Wink Wink

tlambert

Postby tlambert » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:46 am

I don't want to get wound up on this Franz. I totally agree.

The guy with the bay for sale just joined, like he just found the samba to sell a great bus that's worth 30-40k.
The DD is nice. Not 100k nice.
I'm sure everyone that restores a vehicle wants to get their money back out of it when it's done. But doubling the money.... Wow.
The auctions have screwed everyone's head up on value. You could buy some badass quality hotrods for the kind of money the buses are selling for.
But I know everyone has their favorite thing to tinker with. Myself I like them all.
Tim

john jones wrote:Sanding sucks balls, My balls have been about sucked off..:-#

S-10 BB Swap
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f10/1st-gen-bigblock-installation-223375/

GTV
ninja

Postby GTV » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:20 pm

I don't pay attention to what stupid people are asking. I do keep an eye out on ebay ads to see what busses are actually getting bid up to. There was just a 67 Standard that bid up to $52k (didn't meet reserve!) and it was nothing special...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volkswagen-Bus- ... true&rt=nc

That blew my fucking mind. There's also a pile of a 60 single cab on there right now that is over $13k! It's gone totally out of control, but who knows if/when it will crash...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161516103576?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
Living!

alykat

Postby alykat » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:57 pm

Anytime I see anything for sale that is painted flat black, I go on full alert. Probably 99.5% of the time that is a clue that something bad is being covered up.
911 operator: What is your emergency ? Me: Some asshole just pulled out in front of me & totaled my car! 911: Are you injured? Me: No. 911: Is the other driver injured ? Me: Not yet....but you should probably send an ambulance.

vwfool

Postby vwfool » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:15 pm

Hey now.......the silver double door panel was mine about 5 years ago when it was white before I sold it. Just because I owned it, it's got to be worth at least that much. \:D/

Things will crash eventually. Look back over the last couple decades. Stock Model A's used to go for pretty good money when I was young, then it became '55 to '57 chevy's. Then around the time I graduated high school Mustangs went up to stupid money, then muscle cars went crazy for a few years before they have started to calm down. Yes there are super rare models of these mass produced cars that have held there values but a standard restored cars overall value has declined as the people who wanted them quenched there desire and moved on. I too scratch my head over some of the insanity but to each their own. The prices will come down in the coming years as the novelty and thirst is quenched. I have sold quite a few cars over the years for various reasons: buying a house, moving, losing a job, paying medical bills, etc. I am just curious how many of these people who score a smoking deal on something and flip it do something positive for themselves and their families for the long term or do they squander it away on frivolous stuff only to look back 5 years later with nothing to show for their windfall? I know my view is different than most.

jb

Postby jb » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:57 pm

vwfool wrote:I know my view is different than most.

Nope u pretty much nailed er there! =D>

GTV
ninja

Postby GTV » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:03 pm

vwfool wrote:
I am just curious how many of these people who score a smoking deal on something and flip it do something positive for themselves and their families for the long term or do they squander it away on frivolous stuff only to look back 5 years later with nothing to show for their windfall?

I do it so I can be 100% debt free by the time I get out of ASU.

The market for 32 Fords has never crashed ;)
Living!

ricks916

Postby ricks916 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:53 pm

I honestly don't think the VW bus market will ever crash. They are getting harder to find, and honestly... How many split window buses do you see driving around your town? And if and when you do see them... They get lots of attention. Park a deluxe VW bus on main street USA and the only thing that will get more attention is a $250k Ferrari or Lamborghini....Just sayin....

john jones

Postby john jones » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:12 am

The only reason I sell my stuff.. To make life better... and to eventually not owe a single person on this planet a fucking penny... Not one.! Wink I want to own the dirt I walk sleep and work on... Before I turn 50.. I want to have everything paid for, kids through school.. and not one ounce of debt at 801 kimball ave... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> I have one more I have been waiting to finish.. the swivel... and it's close... Wink Wink Wink

Shit is expensive...
Working on my fortress of solitude.... Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Wren
Hey, KEEVIIN!!!

Postby Wren » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:21 pm

I got to get my Bus on e bay right away! 52K and the guy did not sell?

jeffh

Postby jeffh » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:40 pm

With these crazy prices I have been having few thoughts to let my bus go,....send my '54 Canadian Std beetle and the glove box full of cash to a shop in Colorado for a fancy make over and an IDA'd motor out back... what to do...
Debatable what final sale prices are, but I know for sure they are selling for top dollar!

curbo

Postby curbo » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:47 pm

[-X waiting on you Jeff

Return to “Bullshit”