internship?

john jones

Re: internship?

Postby john jones » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:23 pm

I guess I would be screwed too... I haven't had a credit card in damn near 6 or 7 years I bet.. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Will is back.. easily side tracked, but eager to learn.. :-# :-# :-# :-# :-#

Gretchen Jones

Postby Gretchen Jones » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:21 pm

We sent Will out on the road, back to school, but not before doing a little bit of home improvement and john "whispering" the the bus..... great having you here Will!!!!!!!!!
Attachments
IMG_7468.JPG
IMG_7468.JPG (112.06 KiB) Viewed 1144 times
IMG_7467.JPG
IMG_7467.JPG (111.45 KiB) Viewed 1144 times
IMG_7466.JPG
IMG_7466.JPG (94.72 KiB) Viewed 1144 times

john jones

Postby john jones » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:46 pm

I think Will should be fine going home... [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Will is a very smart man that will go far in his life... and He seams to really "want" to do something in Volkswagens. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> I think we have become friends.. and I look forward to many many more road trips with Will the intern... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> He has the passion.... Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

andym

Postby andym » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:34 pm

Badass!!! very cool of you JJ and KCW.
Andy In Modesto

Maybe Subaru parts could fix it?

Franz

Postby Franz » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:20 am

Will Broke down again on the way home. Smile He called about 9pm last night and said he was in Vail, gave-up, and called AAA.

K Leake

Postby K Leake » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:44 am

Cant catch a break ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Kevin

willmoss

Postby willmoss » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:15 am

Yup, my plan was to try and be through the tunnel before sunset, but ended up getting into Vail right as it got dark. I was chugging along great, making decent time, filled up in Glenwood Springs and was planning on going all the way through the mountains on that tank. I had even just texted Corporate that everything was going great!

I get through Vail and started climbing Eastbound Vail Pass, one of the toughest spots on I-70 in my opinion [-o<

I made it about 1/4 of the way up and I had it in 3rd revved up, literally just about to put in the clutch and grab 4th when it jolted and then there was no power #-o

I coasted as far as I could looking for a good shoulder, but there wasn't really one because of the snow. Found the best spot I could and put on my emergency flashers that work \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

At this point it was dark, tried turning it over and it would just turn, no spark. Called John and he talked me through it. Found that the phenolic in the distributor had broken and some fuses blown. Luckily I had a spare China distributor with me but it didn't have the notch anywhere for finding number 1. Played with that for a while trying to find out where 1 would be then figure out the correct plug order, all the while trying to talk on the phone and use it as a flashlight, so of course I had 5% battery left. :-& #-o

Eventually got it running again, but it had no power, and at this point I had had a CDOT service truck pull up behind me, then leave, then a Vail cop car pull up later. I told the police I was really close to getting it, but they said I was in one of the worst possible spots to be trying to work on it and gave my 10 minutes to figure it out before they would call a tow truck. I tried driving it a little further up the pass to show it was close and it barley got into 2nd. They pulled up again behind me and said I had 5 minutes. A little while later the tow truck pulled up while I was fiddling with the points some more and took me back down to Vail. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I was feeling pretty defeated, but I'm happy I at least made some headway on getting it fixed. Maybe if it weren't dark and cold and I was in a better spot I could have gotten it, but I just didn't see that happening last night. I had a friend come pick me up and the bus is being towed from Vail later today and I can look at it somewhere with better light and warmer [-o< [-o<

Always an adventure and I really do love these things!!! Just maybe not my engine...
fuckin willy

willmoss

Postby willmoss » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:30 pm

Well, its been a week since I've been KCW-less and I'm going through some withdraw :-# :-# :-#
Saw another 420 tractor on campus clearing snow and it made me sad.

Anyway I'm really glad John, gave me the opportunity to learn from him. Without giving away too many of his secrets, I learned that body work boils down to scratching stuff, and making sure your scratches look good. That and that a paint stick is the most important and versatile tool in the shop =P~ =P~

John is right though when he says that I really want to do something in Volkswagens, and the vintage car scene in general. I'm happy to say that I still have the passion for these cars, even after my many "adventures" =D> =D> =D>

I'm glad we can be friends and I'm already looking forward to getting back to the compound, getting my hands dirty, and making cool shit \:D/ \:D/
fuckin willy

john jones

Postby john jones » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:46 am

Glad you had fun, hope you learned a few things.. I'm sure I'll see you sooner or later... Wink Wink Wink Wink

I came up with an acronym?

HELP... this is what a body man chases his whole life.. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

High spots
Edge's
Low spots
Pin holes

dirie1
'Merica

Postby dirie1 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:46 pm

This entire story is too damn cool. Think about what has happened.....taking a motivated Jr into your house and teach him tricks of the trade, at the most productive VDub resto shop around. Man Jones, you always complain about patience (lack of), but in the end you have tons of it!

I gotta say this is the coolest shit that's has happened for a while. We all know (forum junkies) what kind a place kcw is, think we probably take the knowledge and experience for granted at times, just because it is always available and there but this Experience for Jr is a life changing experience.

Great on ya boys, not around much as I am busy with a super busy house but think of you clowns often.

Keep doin what you do, no money can buy what you guys do

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ now back to sanding no do, you gots deadlines to meet
What do you do with 365 used rubbers? Make a tire and call it a Good Year.

john jones

Postby john jones » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:51 pm

Will was lucky enough to sneek in on the last internship.... :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-#

I had another fine young lad contact me today about another an internship program.. this time for 16 weeks.... :-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-"

I like working by myself.. and I get real tired of answering questions.. :-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-" So I don't want to do it anymore. It seems like more than less.... It's like training a new employee.. and I am done with that program too... Sorry....

Return to “Bullshit”