1957 Original paint Panel!

dcguy

Postby dcguy » Mon May 14, 2012 11:44 am

Dooblah Cab yo!! I hope. :) Never know with these things, but I would travel anywhere for a DC!

If this turns out, I will have almost the full set; 23, 21, DC, Standard, Panel.
jp

carpe diem, one day, one life, no more.

dcguy

Postby dcguy » Wed May 16, 2012 5:34 pm

What I've been up to the last few days!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgb8nfqaSNY
jp

rustabus
Livin' the retired life

Postby rustabus » Wed May 16, 2012 6:47 pm

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

jeremy

Postby jeremy » Wed May 16, 2012 10:42 pm

Great video. =D>

Slow Steve

Postby Slow Steve » Thu May 17, 2012 5:36 am

Nice video and collection =D>

dcguy

Postby dcguy » Thu May 17, 2012 6:50 am

Thank you guys :) I am sooooooOOOoooo Broke. Breaking down in the middle of nowheres was fun, but $$.

Eeh, can't take it with ya right? Smile

I'm packing up the truck early in the morning to head back for a 12 hour drive to pick up the wounded DC. Watch it start up first kick!!
jp

Franz

Postby Franz » Thu May 17, 2012 8:26 am

Nice. Is that engine going into the porsche????

dcguy

Postby dcguy » Mon May 21, 2012 6:51 pm

Got it running again (the Double Cab that is). The coil wire popped off , ooops! Oh well.

The Panel of course has been sitting for a few days but alot parts showed up for it (brakes mostly). Work on it tomorrow! I was going to lower it, but now I reconsider.. .... yes, reconsidered.

The Porsche is getting flipped, I don't want to lose my sweet ass 912 engine to IT. IT has no love from me now. IT is on the way out. :) (I'm trying to dis associated myself from IT). IT is parked in the garage covered up. :(
jp

Franz

Postby Franz » Tue May 22, 2012 7:33 am

No porsche love, eh?

dcguy

Postby dcguy » Tue May 22, 2012 7:55 am

I like them but the turn of events at the Registry + the fact that I'm pragmatic (ie broke) = not much love. It looks fantastic, but that car is like $$$$ (I know how much, and it's pretty sick).

OR I could have a perfectly running, driving Ghia for 5500 (local, unsold). I get 356's are cool, but they just waay over valued right now. And they always will be.

I would rather have the cash to get more buses :) Or a vert oval, heh heh heh.
jp

Franz

Postby Franz » Tue May 22, 2012 8:14 am

Rusty and I have talked about the value of porsches.

I agree they are over-priced right now...especially for an almost unusable car. You can't do much with a porsche other than transport yourself and one friend.

Then look at the guys who are into/collecting/buying these cars....they are all older dudes.

I *think* that when all of the older guys(or their children/wives) start selling these cars that the price is going to drop drastically...Because guys like you and I would rather pay top coin for a cool bus....not some useless fancy VW.

dcguy

Postby dcguy » Thu May 24, 2012 3:51 pm

- Fixed the brakes. New lines, wheel cyls, shoes etc. But when I was bleeding, everything is going good, then, pfft. Nothing! Hey, no fluid on the right side? Hmm, line must be kinked? Take it all apart. Ran out of brake fluid!! GRR!! :)

- Fixed alot of the electrical.
- Transmission cleaned, checked and put back in place. New cables, re-grease e brakes (but they were sooo sweet in the first place). Drain/refill RGB's (so sweet inside!).
- Ready for engine I think? Anything I should do before putting it in? Tank is all cleaned up and ready to go.

jp

Radar

Postby Radar » Thu May 24, 2012 6:16 pm

That's a nice bus. I look forward to your posts. Smile

dcguy

Postby dcguy » Thu May 24, 2012 9:05 pm

Thanks :) If you want, you can also 'look back at my posts'. I did work on a 356 and a 21 Window.

I am fanatical about buses!! This morning I drove 2 hours (roundy) to look at a 57 Single cab. It was original paint(!) but the nose was pushed in and the hinges were knackered. I hate working on noses and hinges so I passed!!

That would've HIT the cycle for me, how weird huh?? I have 23, 21, DC, Standard (no Kombi), and this Panel. No singles! (Or binzes or Barndoors).

I predict I shall find a Binz, SC or Barndoor next! WATCH! Oh yeah, I found a Vert Oval! I think I posted above in jest about a VERT OVAL.

What the heck is going on?! I shall not complain :)

Oh yeah, Vert..

What? It's an oval vert, kinda.. :) And I PROMISE, as long as I own it, it shall stay parked outside. Yes yes... that's right, out in the elements to make the metal hardened (its' been outside for 12 years so..)
jp

dcguy

Postby dcguy » Sat May 26, 2012 7:32 pm

Ass end all cleaned up! New stuff, almost installed the engine without tightening the big trans bolts (I was told to do the Ubolt hanger first then these).

The Prime Mover! Yes, that's a sideways 911 in the back.

In there!

I need a better/correct air cleaner but the little one keeps the dirt/stuff out during engine installs and it will have to do for now.

Fire up soon!
jp

Return to “2012 build-offs”