23%
Robin's Ginetta
No votes
Glenn's single cab
No votes

Total votes: 62

Glenn A

Postby Glenn A » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:38 pm

I was in this shit for the T shirt from day one! I say lets bring it back to basics, a T shirt. Winners wear that shirt at there local scene maybe it drums up more hits on the site. Gotta admit it's a badass design and shouldn't go to waist.
60 doublecab.
63 ragtop.
65 EzCamper.
66 doublecab.
10 sportwagen. TDI buyback.

BBWB

Postby BBWB » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:43 pm

I wanted the shirt too. I've got some good comments about it. I wear it every week. Smile
Let me draw you a fucking picture!

dcguy

Postby dcguy » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:34 pm

robin356a wrote:
dcguy wrote:I think the idea should continue, but without the prize. I wasn't doing it for the prize actually, I was doing it because it's a deadline! And there's other guys who are also busting ass to the deadline!

I got my panel running/driving/stopping etc from dead in the field in a month, I would NOT be so motivated without these threads.

I say keep'er going, no prizes. Then have a bi-annual one if you like with prizes (maybe get some people to chip in some other prize contributions, I know my company would be happy to kick in something).

This get's my vote, I never managed to get as much done as some of the guys on here but the monthly deadline and watching the other builds progress kept me motivated to head to the garage for a few hours instead of the sofa.

Franz please ignore my previous post, can you move my Ginetta thread to the June Build-off. It's already the 2nd of the month and I'm behind schedule. Smile

Thanks for the vote (I didn't vote for myself) :)

I'm slacking off already! Where's the June build? :) I might have to post it on that 'other' site.
jp

carpe diem, one day, one life, no more.

Pigpen
What vasectomy?

Postby Pigpen » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:03 pm

I think we have shirts for the whole year made.. How about we continue monthly with just a t shirt for voted "winner"...Twice a year, do like Franz said.. Winter and Summer showdowns with prizes.. I think that's a great compromise..

C.Hamburg
purple drank

Postby C.Hamburg » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:54 pm

Sounds good Kevin.

I'm down.
-Corey

Slow Steve

Postby Slow Steve » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:03 am

When is this vote over? Is it extended because of the server downage?

Franz

Postby Franz » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:02 am

Yeah, we'll announce winner on Friday morning.

Slow Steve

Postby Slow Steve » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:49 am

Is it over? Did I actually win something? \:D/
Last edited by Slow Steve on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dhp56oval

Postby Dhp56oval » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:23 pm

Slow Steve wrote:Is it over? Did actually win something? \:D/

Not yet, I just got to classic and I need to recruit some people to vote for me.
Just kidding, nice job on the win for May. I was hoping to pull it off.

Slow Steve

Postby Slow Steve » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:14 pm

Dhp56oval wrote:
Slow Steve wrote:Is it over? Did actually win something? \:D/

Not yet, I just got to classic and I need to recruit some people to vote for me.
Just kidding, nice job on the win for May. I was hoping to pull it off.

Cool thanks! I never win anything and it didn't look to good for me from the start. I'm was worried about you and gonebuggy. You guys have some nice progress and work going on; I think I just lucked out on having more of a differance from what I started with... Mine was a hunk o junk that not even I would put as much time and effort into again, esp on a 67 micro. I bought it with the intentions of learning, and this one was cheap and close... My whole approach was "as long as it is better"...

THANKS FOR THE VOTES EVERYBODY!!!

gonebuggy

Postby gonebuggy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:16 pm

Congrats Steve! =D> you made serious headway on a very intimidating project! Looks good dude! Well done =D>

Alex
Why buy when you can build?
I've spent hours on parts that you can buy for pennies.

Slow Steve

Postby Slow Steve » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:39 pm

Thanks Alex! Yours is pretty intimadating too and looking good. I can't wait to see what yours looks like when done. I'm just glad to get this far and winning this month vindicates the three years I have spent on it off and on and once I put it back together and rolling will be way cool. I'm hoping to have it together within the next coming weeks. Rolling it with te new paint job and new stance will be SWEEEEET!

jeremy

Postby jeremy » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:33 am

Slow Steve wrote:. I'm just glad to get this far and winning this month vindicates the three years I have spent on it off and on and once I put it back together and rolling will be way cool. I'm hoping to have it together within the next coming weeks. Rolling it with te new paint job and new stance will be SWEEEEET!

That's what this build off is all about right there. I bet you can't wait to roll this thing.

Slow Steve

Postby Slow Steve » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:17 pm

jeremy wrote:
Slow Steve wrote:. I'm just glad to get this far and winning this month vindicates the three years I have spent on it off and on and once I put it back together and rolling will be way cool. I'm hoping to have it together within the next coming weeks. Rolling it with te new paint job and new stance will be SWEEEEET!

That's what this build off is all about right there. I bet you can't wait to roll this thing.

Thanks Jeremy. You're right. I can't wait to take this bus for a cruise. We headed out to a state park to do some trail bike riding, fishing and all I could think of was this would be perfect to take the bus to go do. They would fit in the bus no problem.. Smile

Slow Steve

Postby Slow Steve » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:10 am

John, I tried to pm a list but it got all jacked up when I would paste it in. Can I email it to you?

Return to “2012 build-offs”