Wren's Ratty Oval

Franz

Postby Franz » Wed May 16, 2012 7:46 am

You'r right your friend does take shitty pictures. Did you get the brakes working?

Wren
Hey, KEEVIIN!!!

Postby Wren » Wed May 16, 2012 8:28 am

Hell yeah, brakes work great! Franz want to get you to spend a day tuning this thing up. Just not sure when I can get it down to GJ.

cookiemonster131

Postby cookiemonster131 » Wed May 16, 2012 8:29 am

does your friend have seizures often?
"With all of those VW's in the parking lot i thought it was a Unitarian Church" Hank Hill

Wren
Hey, KEEVIIN!!!

Postby Wren » Tue May 22, 2012 6:27 am

God I've been having more fun with this car. I live on the river and been using it as the canoe shuttle. Never been a type one guy till now. One question I have if someone knows. This 40 hp engine I have in this thing tops out at 50 mph maybe 55 mph on down hill. Is that normal? I live at high altitude around 9,000 – 10,000 feet. Other vw engines I’ve had slow down when I travel up higher but seem ok at around 9,000 feet. Seems like it should go a little faster?

BBWB

Postby BBWB » Tue May 22, 2012 7:04 am

That seems about right for that altitude. I had a 40 horse here in Tucson in a bug, I could barely get sixty on a good day.

Not saying they can't be sqeezed for more HP, but that sounds normal to me.
Let me draw you a fucking picture!

Franz

Postby Franz » Tue May 22, 2012 7:12 am

Nice! Thats probably about right for an old 40 horse. Does it get hot when you're driving that fast? If you can get it to the shop I could check it out and do go over the tune up....but you make it sound like its running good.

Wren
Hey, KEEVIIN!!!

Postby Wren » Tue May 22, 2012 10:15 am

Franz wrote:Nice! Thats probably about right for an old 40 horse. Does it get hot when you're driving that fast? If you can get it to the shop I could check it out and do go over the tune up....but you make it sound like its running good.

Thanks guys. I’ll have to race Madison next time I come to GJ. Have a friend that will drop the car off next time he is heading to Junction. I don’t want to try and drive this thing over cerrio summit. I drove it the other day for about an hour non-stop and when I parked it, it was smoking like a mofo. It had a bunch of old grease and old oil on the trans and engine thinking that’s why. Other than that it seems good to me.

Wren
Hey, KEEVIIN!!!

Postby Wren » Tue May 22, 2012 10:15 am

Franz wrote:Nice! Thats probably about right for an old 40 horse. Does it get hot when you're driving that fast? If you can get it to the shop I could check it out and do go over the tune up....but you make it sound like its running good.

Thanks guys. I’ll have to race Madison next time I come to GJ. Have a friend that will drop the car off next time he is heading to Junction. I don’t want to try and drive this thing over cerrio summit. I drove it the other day for about an hour non-stop and when I parked it, it was smoking like a mofo. It had a bunch of old grease and old oil on the trans and engine thinking that’s why. Other than that it seems good to me.

Wren
Hey, KEEVIIN!!!

Postby Wren » Tue May 22, 2012 10:16 am

jeremy

Postby jeremy » Tue May 22, 2012 12:31 pm

Wow. The rare triple post. You see double posts quite reqularly but a triple..... #-o

Love that pic with the canoe on top. \:D/

Return to “2012 build-offs”