9%
Corey
2%
Ben
2%

Total votes: 44

john jones

Postby john jones » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:11 pm

wanted to say I agree with Franz and Kevin and don't want to add names to the list... But hoping for more contestants in months to come..

I do not know if Gretchen got everything mailed out or not... but we will guys... been busy still.. We gots love for the winners!!!!

tylorDURBEN

Postby tylorDURBEN » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:19 am

jb gets my vote =D>

Beetjunky

Postby Beetjunky » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:40 pm

JB as well. He rocked it.

jb

Postby jb » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:48 pm

Franz wrote:Poll is set up for 5 days....thats means Saturday at the time of this post the poll will end.

well guess that is it 'eh 8-[ thanks to all for liking my ride!

Not to bitch but what's up with the # of voters dwindling??? Jan had 100, Feb 82 and this month only 44????

I don't know how long JJ will keep this going if there ain't more interest
[-X
that's a lot of scratch to lay out for what? A bit more traffic on the site? Personally I think its a fucking stellar idea getting guys out wrenching on their shit......and fun too! (I Don't know how many times I checked in to scope the updates)
Deal was we bust ass try and work like his crew.......I know impossible to keep up to this trio but steady progress is better than nuttin'!!
we need more compeditors in on this now so get off yo asses and MAN UP!!!!

one more time John thanks for the incentive =D> =D> =D>
Last edited by jb on Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

john jones

Postby john jones » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:13 am

I agree guys.. I brought this up last month too... I was hoping we would have more participation. Like 20-30 guys participating each month... instead of the same 5 or so..

We will have to think about this.. We started this because I wanted to spend some money on advertising.. and instead of giving it to a magazine or show sponsor, and give it back to you guys.. I thought people would get excited and would go to samba and then get bigger and bigger... but it didn't.. Maybe my fault.. Maybe I should have promoted it more...

any thoughts or idea's?

BBWB

Postby BBWB » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:05 am

I think it is what it is. There will be an eb and flow from month to month. I'm on an XS650 site regularly and see the same thing with the monthly bike contest. One month there are 12 bikes, next there are only three.

You need to realize too, that April is a busy month for families with kids. Spring break from schools, sports programs starting up for baseball and soccer. Stuff like that eats away at VW building time.

I say you have to commit to a least a year. See how it goes. Then go from there. I have a few buddies down here in Tucson that are gearing up to compete. I think I'm done with my bus, but want to do a motorcycle build in the near future. I will keep posting reguardless of contest or none. I think what you are doing is commendable, not many do for the VW community that KCW does.

Maybe you could get Dean from Hot VWs to do a fluff article on the monthly build off. With a small article like that, I bet the KCW site hits would go up quite a bit and more people would get in the game.

Just a few thoughts as I sit here in my pajamas getting motivated to go work on my van. \:D/
Let me draw you a fucking picture!

jb

Postby jb » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:43 am

Good points ^^^ :-k

I'd like to see it keep goin!! 30-40 a month may be a bit ambitious? I had thought about posting about the contest on some of the other sites but wasn't sure you wanted that kind of thing :-k still can do if you want John....

Got to go do an Easter egg hunt now \:D/

GTV
ninja

Postby GTV » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:45 am

I really wanna enter with my '55 once I get my little home shop set up. I don't think I'll have a chance in winning, but the whole thing is very motivating. Maybe setting up the shop will be my first project... :-k
Living!

C.Hamburg
purple drank

Postby C.Hamburg » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:58 am

john jones wrote: any thoughts or idea's?

Contestants mount up some webcams. I know I don't get out and work on my projects enough, but when I do, I get shit done! So if we had cams you could see what kind of work we're getting done when we are actually working.

I have so many projects going on throughout the month and the one project I post up isn't the only one, Still working on my Bus, house, and I got one hell of a lawn going on.

That's all I got. I'll continue to contribute, cause I'll always be working on shit regardless of a competition. I'll get shit done, because I have to, it pays my bills.
-Corey

tlambert

Postby tlambert » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:09 am

58deluxerag wrote:
john jones wrote: any thoughts or idea's?

Contestants mount up some webcams. I know I don't get out and work on my projects enough, but when I do, I get shit done! So if we had cams you could see what kind of work we're getting done when we are actually working.

I have so many projects going on throughout the month and the one project I post up isn't the only one, Still working on my Bus, house, and I got one hell of a lawn going on.

That's all I got. I'll continue to contribute, cause I'll always be working on shit regardless of a competition. I'll get shit done, because I have to, it pays my bills.

Hey anything grows well in Fl. Move up here to sand land! #-o
Tim

john jones wrote:Sanding sucks balls, My balls have been about sucked off..:-#

S-10 BB Swap
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f10/1st-gen-bigblock-installation-223375/

Glenn A

Postby Glenn A » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:40 am

X2 on April being a bad month for VWs. Nobody wants to here about changing an O2 sensor on my Tahoe or getting my tractor ready for a season of mowing my sweet ass lawn. I'm heading to a family camping trip to D.C. planned for this week with the kiddies, after tonights baseball game of course.

I think it's a great concept. Guys have been stepping up with some serious projects with serious progress. Maybe it is scaring away guys with less ambitious projects. Who knows? I know it is a great way to light a fire under my ass and get some stuff done.
60 doublecab.
63 ragtop.
65 EzCamper.
66 doublecab.
10 sportwagen. TDI buyback.

jb

Postby jb » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:13 pm

So what's the dealio on last month? I take it I pulled off the win......what's the skinny on the prize? John, I pm'd you a couple days ago.....don't know if you got it?

jeremy

Postby jeremy » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:31 pm

Glenn A wrote:X2 on April being a bad month for VWs. Nobody wants to here about changing an O2 sensor on my Tahoe or getting my tractor ready for a season of mowing my sweet ass lawn. I'm heading to a family camping trip to D.C. planned for this week with the kiddies, after tonights baseball game of course.

I think it's a great concept. Guys have been stepping up with some serious projects with serious progress. Maybe it is scaring away guys with less ambitious projects. Who knows? I know it is a great way to light a fire under my ass and get some stuff done.

I agree with Glenn here. I don't have the time quite yet to participate fully but seeing other guys progress has got me out in the garage doing some finishing touches on an 1835 for the beetle. Not really build off worthy. Once that is installed and running I can concentrate on a quick retaining wall then I should have time for a build off. Ski season is over so weekends are available again. (Unless the old lady has other plans. #-o )

C.Hamburg
purple drank

Postby C.Hamburg » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:09 pm

tlambert wrote:
Hey anything grows well in Fl. Move up here to sand land! #-o

I live on a sand island. [-X
-Corey

tlambert

Postby tlambert » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:38 pm

Yeah that might be a little more than me! But plants do grow nice there.
Tim

john jones wrote:Sanding sucks balls, My balls have been about sucked off..:-#

S-10 BB Swap
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f10/1st-gen-bigblock-installation-223375/

Return to “2012 build-offs”