48%
Matt
19%

Total votes: 100

Pigpen
What vasectomy?

January build-off winner- Mr. Jobe

Postby Pigpen » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:52 pm

So all 3 of us picked 3, and we all had 2 that matched another.. That means there are 4 finalist in January..

Here they are and the reasons we picked them.. word for word :)

Franz:
Jobe- Killed it, painted car outside in winter

Glenn- Hard complicated fabrication project. overcame obsticles & made it work

Matt- Hardly did any work. Fucked around trying to make doglegs. Entertainment mostly.

John:
Ben- old & dit it!! good updates

Jobe- cause he kicked ass and did it outside

Matt- entertainment!! great updates

Kevin:
Glenn- Makes me wanna cut some shit up.. I'm jealous his truck isn't mine

Jobe- Didn't really start on the body till middle of month and still killed it in the Nebraska elements..

Ben- Body work and paint roof, that alone is a months worth of work!!

MichaelDF

Postby MichaelDF » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:17 pm

I'm enjoying Glenn's SC build.
Last edited by MichaelDF on Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Michael-
DUBFAB

Slow Steve

Postby Slow Steve » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:28 pm

Iron balls McKenzie turned my vote with a hell of a final push, got shit done no matter what the weather was. =D> He got me motivated to jump on my stuff. Although I have to admit I felt like I had a vageen after not wanting to go outside below 50 to crank on some stuff [-X

john jones

Postby john jones » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:40 pm

Lets go people.. VOTE...

dhp60

Postby dhp60 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:45 pm

im going for ben cause hes a giant and lives near me. =D> congrats to everyone. got me motivated big time. going to try for feb but most likely on in march

boggs74

Postby boggs74 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:26 pm

I think "hardly did any work" was not the nicest thing to say. It may not look like much to someone that has money to spend, but he worked his ass off. I am very proud of everything you did my love. You far exceeded what you set out to do this month.
Sorry guys, but the wives have to stand up for their husbands whether they want us to or not :)

C.Hamburg
purple drank

Postby C.Hamburg » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:32 pm

I hardly did any work, shouldn't I have been on the poll? :-({|= Smile

Glenn's got my vote. Wish my Binz was that far along. Once the "honeymoon" Bus is out of the way maybe the Binz will get in on this monthly competition.
-Corey

Franz

Postby Franz » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:35 pm

I didn't think Kevin would post that....I probably would have worded that a little nicer. I guess what I mean to say was, wasted a lot of valuable time making parts that were readily avalible, and gathering stuff from the woods. Not that its a bad thing....I love dorking out on stuff too. All that matters is that he had fun doing it.

Just goes to show you guys that you don't have to be the most badass car builder out there to win this thing. Its kind of like cooking...half of the deal is presentation.

Franz

Postby Franz » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:42 pm

It was soooo hard to pick 3...there was JB with the manx, there was Jason with the low light and the isetta, andy killed it, corey killed it....but I had to pick 3 that I liked, and that was it.

I don't want anybody's feelers to be hurt. Its just the way it work out. besides, everybody is still a winner, you guys got major progress this month....and there are a lot of months in the future to win this shit. Smile

BBWB

Postby BBWB » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:52 pm

I'm honored and a little humble that I got picked. For the record boggs74, your husband did kick ass. He reminds me of me back in the day. I still use all the scrap I can and only buy stuff when its impractile to make. Don't know if I would've tried dog legs like that though. Just shows there is more than one way to skin a cat.
Let me draw you a fucking picture!

Slow Steve

Postby Slow Steve » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:54 pm

When does the voting window close?

alykat

pickin'

Postby alykat » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:58 pm

This was a hard choice for me between Jobe and Matt. Jobe because of the conditions he worked in ( his garage is the same as mine- front yard) and the amount and quality of work he got done. Matt because of the way he went after his project and what he was able to do with what he had. It tipped to Matt because he went old school, making something from nothing. Back the way we did stuff in "The Old Days" when you couldn't buy stuff ,you had to make it and you created what was needed from what you could find. I think every one of the January guys deserve a great big ATTA BOY !!!!
911 operator: What is your emergency ? Me: Some asshole just pulled out in front of me & totaled my car! 911: Are you injured? Me: No. 911: Is the other driver injured ? Me: Not yet....but you should probably send an ambulance.

Franz

Postby Franz » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:59 pm

Sometime next week. Enough time to allow the "regulars" to vote.

C.Hamburg
purple drank

Postby C.Hamburg » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:07 pm

Franz wrote:I don't want anybody's feelers to be hurt.

No feelings hurt here. I tried my hardest to get this bitch runnin' but it didn't happen.

Hadn't worked as hard as last Sunday since I was out there workin' in Colorado. Smile

Feburary competition for me might just be painting a couple Hondas, my mom's Odyssey and my Accord ](*,) While still hammering out this Bus and that '49 split.
-Corey

Glenn A

Postby Glenn A » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:10 pm

Good luck to the final four. Doing your own thing, working outside, painting on sawhorses and making parts out of what you have! To me thats all part of the VW scene. I'd rather be broken down on the side of the road with any one of these guys than passing by in any other car.

Thanks for the kick in the but to get me back to work on this project.
60 doublecab.
63 ragtop.
65 EzCamper.
66 doublecab.
10 sportwagen. TDI buyback.

Return to “2012 build-offs”