57 Single Cab Project

alykat

eastwood

Postby alykat » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:16 am

Got mine from Eastwood. Probably could find them at Harbour Freight now as well, though don't know what the quality would be like.
911 operator: What is your emergency ? Me: Some asshole just pulled out in front of me & totaled my car! 911: Are you injured? Me: No. 911: Is the other driver injured ? Me: Not yet....but you should probably send an ambulance.

Buck67

Postby Buck67 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:00 pm

thanks, i ordered the eastwood ones.

vdubinit

Postby vdubinit » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:41 pm

Yes thier cleco's I borrowed them from my buddys local upholstery shop they use them for numerous projects they do

Well everything is welded solid no going back now ! \:D/

a light coat of filler hopefully finish this tommorow

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

john jones

Postby john jones » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:50 pm

Boy.. that thing was clean..... :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o

vdubinit

Postby vdubinit » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:08 pm

I got alot of time to get on this right now around the holidays as it gets a bit slow ... the front is done pretty much

on to the back see you in january

type2volkswagen

Postby type2volkswagen » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:11 am

vdubinit wrote:

Hmmm, wonder where that Porsche flat 6 is going to end up....

vdubinit

Postby vdubinit » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:50 pm

type2volkswagen wrote:
vdubinit wrote:

Hmmm, wonder where that Porsche flat 6 is going to end up....

I don't think its going to end up running in anything of mine because its frozen. But it sure is cool to look at lol. It came out of a 1966 Porsche 911 I picked up a few months ago out of a barn t. Water got into the engine since it just had velocity stacks on it and no rain shield under the turbo tail I cant even open the butterflys on the 40 mm weber IDA's there rustted shut I'm going to try either a type 4 motor I have or sit on it for a while and do the V8 conversion

vdubinit

Postby vdubinit » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:25 pm

well not much done on this thing other than I got it all turned around in the shop so the ass end can now get worked on \:D/

vdubinit

Postby vdubinit » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:46 pm

I haven't been able to touch my project ... I really thought I would be able to get some major progress done on my own stuff since last year I went dead at the shop december and january . Right after christmas I got slammed. I'm just a one man shop and tons of stuff to do. well I'll stop crying now lol ... 8 days so far into the January contest and nothing done urrggghhh frustration begins now !

Old Speed

Postby Old Speed » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:51 pm

vdubinit wrote:I haven't been able to touch my project ... I really thought I would be able to get some major progress done on my own stuff since last year I went dead at the shop december and january . Right after christmas I got slammed. I'm just a one man shop and tons of stuff to do. well I'll stop crying now lol ... 8 days so far into the January contest and nothing done urrggghhh frustration begins now !

Better to be busy making money at work!

vdubinit

Postby vdubinit » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:55 pm

Old Speed wrote:
vdubinit wrote:I haven't been able to touch my project ... I really thought I would be able to get some major progress done on my own stuff since last year I went dead at the shop december and january . Right after christmas I got slammed. I'm just a one man shop and tons of stuff to do. well I'll stop crying now lol ... 8 days so far into the January contest and nothing done urrggghhh frustration begins now !

Better to be busy making money at work!

For sure ... I'm going to pull some all nighters , its the only way

john jones

Postby john jones » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:09 am

What a resurection.. nice job.. keep it up, your killing it.

vdubinit

Postby vdubinit » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:21 am

Thanks John for the encouragement but I haven't given up on this truck yet I've done way to much already to quit .

Like Russell @oldspeed said better to be busy at work making money so unfortunatley my shit gets thrown on the backburner way to often.

I got the back fixed and now my truck has a beautiful ass to look at \:D/

In the mean time my shop has been super busy and I had to hire a youngster recommened from my High school auto shop teacher that I see every once in a while. We call him Junior but he's good and has become a great help and doesn't have any bad habits from working at other places since I'm popping his cherry as to say lol

Anyways I got tired of not having anything to just get in and cruise so I got another SQBK and hooked it up over the past weekend and moving forward with the Single cab project . I still need to fix the dash some spots on the dog legs and all the throttle and cltch cable tubes as the all got sawzalled off with the Okie engineering type3 rear subframe straight axle invention lol

vdubinit

Postby vdubinit » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:44 pm

Well I must look like i'm really full of shit since my last post saying I got the reae end done and no pics lol. How funny is this I lost my camera in the shop for a few weeks and I just found it a few days ago so here some more progress pics

vdubinit

Postby vdubinit » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:54 pm

Uploaded with ImageShack.usImage

Uploaded with ImageShack.usImage