Manx quickie

jb

Postby jb » Tue May 22, 2012 6:47 pm

jeremy wrote:
Looks like this quicky is requiring a few beers as well.

This build is fueled by beers and a healthy dose of BC's finest 8-[ =P~

jeremy

Postby jeremy » Tue May 22, 2012 10:05 pm

jb wrote:
This build is fueled by healthy dose of BC's finest 8-[ =P~

Oohh Yahhh. That's what I'm talkin' about. Just got myself a new "tool of the trade". Works killer.

http://www.storz-bickel.com/vaporizer/v ... assic.html

jb

Postby jb » Tue May 22, 2012 10:28 pm

Those things are hilarious! My buddy has one......Pass the bag of smoke #-o

jeremy

Postby jeremy » Wed May 23, 2012 9:25 pm

Not smoke young Jedi. Vapor. Speaking of which.....

jb

Postby jb » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:14 am

so ya, long time no update but I have been plugging along most nights on the manx.....not quite as ballz out as when in the competition but what do ya do?

Shit is almost ready, seats and belts bolted in for good (that was a WHORE)
brakes all done and rear drums spaced out with extra axle seal bits (thanks for tip russel!) windshield got a hunk of laminated glass cut and in finally, got some used rubber on the centerlines and got er touched down....pretty happy with stance.....adjusters are dumped in the front (in hindsight should have indexed adj. lower before welding in....front end has no weight to it) i'd like to put drop spindles in it but there ait much room left under fenders :-k tires are 235/60's on back and 195/65 on front...I would have perfered a tit fatter sidewall in rear and skinnier in front but this is what I could find on the cheap. the 135's might be a bit pie cutter but if I have scrubbing issues I may chuck em on?
Don't know might have to bring ass end up a hair once motor goes in? Heads are getting flycut and opened up for the bigger jugs and the cheapo AA piston/cyl kit finally fits right. in one of the pics you can see where I had to machine some off the bottom fins to get them to bottom out on case...then when I got to the 3/4 side the casting of fins hit each other and wouldn't sit square....must of had that side in and out 20 times grinding bits off and trying again ](*,) get what you pay for.....$150 vs $400 I dealt with the piss poor QC but your average back yard guy would have been pissed!
Body all bolted down to pan with nylocks......you can see the super beef re-inforcements that someone did to the pan.....she's pretty stout
had to shorten the e-brake handle cause it just looked wrong almost touching the shifter base. made some alum spacers for the e-brake cables to work with the long axles too.
lastnight was trying to figure out a bikini top in case of the odd chance it gets stuck in a rain storm here on our super dry coast :^o :^o :^o #-o gonna be a tight squeeze getting in and out and me being 6'4" my bean will be touching the top material but better than nuttin!
don't think I can run the super pimp NOS wink mirror.....shit is huge and right in my line of sight...might of worked if I hadnt taken 4" out of windshield frame...oh well

bunch of pics in no real order......

hows that for an update? shit is soooo close I can taste it!!!!! was trying to get it ready for our local show on july 8th but I have to go to Hawaii next week for a week and get home the 7th......can you say allnighter? #-o

jb

Almost smell the break-in

Postby jb » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:58 pm

So freakin close I can almost smell the paint burning off the header Smile

Got brakes all bled and adjusted last night incl e-brake. New shifter bushing in and berg adjusted. Adjusted steering box and half assed an alignment using strings off the back tires :-s
Was trying my best to have it on the road for our local VW show but I'm leaving in the morning for Hawaii and getting back the night before the show....no time to stuff the motor in and break it in, oh well....soon

Franz

Postby Franz » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:32 am

Are you seriously going to install that wink mirror? Smile Looking good, almost ready to start the next project then??

jb

Postby jb » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:39 am

Franz wrote:Are you seriously going to install that wink mirror? Smile Looking good, almost ready to start the next project then??

Haha I was as a joke but it is so hideous and takes up most of the pinner windshield can't see shit in front......would have to drive everywhere in reverse! I think I has to save it for the 55 :^o

durfeec

Postby durfeec » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:43 pm

driving yet? :-k
1960 Panel/Camper

jb

Postby jb » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:27 pm

durfeec wrote:driving yet? :-k

Nope real life has got in the way.....soon, very soon!

jb

Postby jb » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:17 am

Bit of wiring left then........Fire tomorrow if all goes well \:D/

jb

Postby jb » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:15 pm

Been a busy ass summer!!!! Every weekend we seem to be away camping or
Something.... Not much toy project time ](*,)

Bitch is insured and on the fucking road!!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Running good just needs a bit of tweaking of upper RPM's on pinner stock carb
Super fun to drive, been bombing all over today and sill out cruzin at damn near midnight Smile

Whistlebritches

Postby Whistlebritches » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:17 am

Hell freakin' Yeah, JB!

Now.. What about that ridiculous oval of yours? Smile

jb

Postby jb » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:20 am

Whistlebritches wrote:Hell freakin' Yeah, JB!

Now.. What about that ridiculous oval of yours? Smile

Winter start....the buggy is on the block to fund the 55 \:D/

jb

Postby jb » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:48 am

Live........

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Love it! Could use drop spindles.... I might just try and flip the tie rods first it's pretty twitchy with bump steer! Arse end settled quite a bit and has to come up an inch or two

Return to “2012 build-offs”