Manx quickie

Glenn A

Postby Glenn A » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:18 am

Looks killer. You nailed it again. Congratulations on the build off win also.
60 doublecab.
63 ragtop.
65 EzCamper.
66 doublecab.
10 sportwagen. TDI buyback.

jb

Postby jb » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:24 am

Franz wrote:Yeah, that layed out really flat. Looks killer! Hung-over at 8pm??...must have been a really good thursday night. Smile

Thirsty Thursday's!!!!! Had a 2 heat pumps to install after work (5pm)....killed them by 9 while second customer fed beers.....that led to the peelers for a couple more then stopped at a painter buddy from works house who was been answering my 10000 questions and they were in the middle of shots and doughnut contests on an old Honda 50.....should have got pics of the rubber on the floor of his paint booth!!!!! Fun stuff

I'm glad I split this session up and only cleared the main body last night and not the hood and couple removables......there was way more room and less blowing shit around stirring up dust! May do the rest tonight or wait a day to move tub, we'll see......

Thanks to all that helped out the paint rookie =D>

jb

Postby jb » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:27 am

Glenn A wrote:Looks killer. You nailed it again. Congratulations on the build off win also.

Thanks dude!!! Like I said before I can't believe the feeling of accomplishment when all works out for a first timer \:D/ contest was icing on the cake!!!!

jb

Postby jb » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:38 pm

got rest of shit cleared tonight

almost assesmbly time =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Jobe
what flip?

Postby Jobe » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:45 pm

Nice work! =D> you must have cleaned that place like crazy before you sprayed. dont see any dirt nibs =P~
Big belly Hoes

john jones

Postby john jones » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:13 am

Very nice... I love it..

jb

Postby jb » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:02 am

Jobe wrote:Nice work! =D> you must have cleaned that place like crazy before you sprayed. dont see any dirt nibs =P~

Yeah scrubbed the shit outta the place! Still ended up with a couple little bastards some how..... Gun I'm using blows a lot of shit around, wasting tons of overspray.....thinking I may pick up an HVLP before jumping on the oval to help out that issue?

scottsain
Bryan Adams

Postby scottsain » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:48 pm

affirmative.
VW Drag Night 2017!
July 7-8
Orangeburg Dragstrip, Neeses SC
www.vwdragnight.com
BE HERE! FREE FOOD! FREE DRINKS! FAST CARS! LOOSE WOMEN!
www.facebook.com/VWDragNight

jb

Postby jb » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:23 am

spent the last 4 hours wet sanding the tub 360 deg...man clear sands like butter compared to that SS ](*,) there was one tiny fish eye and the only run I got was under tail light area right on the lip, super easy to make go away...... nibbed the couple flecks of dust out then 2000/3000....0 peel left and as perfect as I can accomplish
Just have hood and light housings to rub a bit and borrow a polisher

Didn't take any pics but it's the smoothest its ever been \:D/

Woody
yo mama

Postby Woody » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:10 am

I know I am going to soundly slapped about the head and shoulders for even uttering this BUT, just pick up a Harbor Freight variable speed buffer and go to at it. I know, I know, Harbor Freight stuff is junk, I have heard it a thousand times, but I have one of those buffers that has become a legend, I'm not sure how long I have had it, well over a decade, probably closer to 15 years, it just keeps going and going, I cant tear it up. Maybe I got lucky and got the only good one they ever made, cant say for sure, but I cant count how many cars have been polished with that thing and it keeps purring along. You have done an amazing job on this buggy cant wait to see it out in the sunshine.
Cheese

jb

Postby jb » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:15 am

Woody wrote:I know I am going to soundly slapped about the head and shoulders for even uttering this BUT, just pick up a Harbor Freight variable speed buffer and go to at it. I know, I know, Harbor Freight stuff is junk, I have heard it a thousand times, but I have one of those buffers that has become a legend, I'm not sure how long I have had it, well over a decade, probably closer to 15 years, it just keeps going and going, I cant tear it up. Maybe I got lucky and got the only good one they ever made, cant say for sure, but I cant count how many cars have been polished with that thing and it keeps purring along. You have done an amazing job on this buggy cant wait to see it out in the sunshine.

I have an el cheapo costco $20 one but it's the round 2 handed style.....have access to a nice makita one that I can borrow

jb

Postby jb » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:34 pm

Borrowed a buddies big ass Makita polisher.....man that thing is a killer tool that I have to buy!!!!

before shot....

took some pics of the sanding blocks I made for wetsanding.....mostly wetsuit neoprene glued to either thin flexiable rubber gasket, some with plexi glass sandwiched or glued around piece of 1" pvc for inside contours. things worked fucking awesome! Smile

lots of hot soapy water and a whole shitload of rubbing later......

Shiney again......and deadly flat!!!!

that was only about 2 hours total polishing first on the wool pad and then a quick go over with a foam pad with same 3m compound, gonna do the finishing glaze tomorrow \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ assembly soon

jeremy

Postby jeremy » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:53 pm

Lucky Lager......eh? No wonder you were hungover. :-&

Paint looks killer. Look forward to seeing all together. =D>

jb

Postby jb » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:11 am

jeremy wrote:Lucky Lager......eh? No wonder you were hungover. :-&

You mainlanders gotta stop hatin on the luck dog [-X I remember being at a GCVWS BBQ at Shane's place a couple years ago getting the gears from the DVKK boys about our beer of choice =; it's not just for Indians!!!!!

Thanks for the props on the paint!! As soon as I lifted the polisher the first panel I was stoaked!!!

jeremy

Postby jeremy » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:54 pm

jb wrote:
jeremy wrote:Lucky Lager......eh? No wonder you were hungover. :-&

You mainlanders gotta stop hatin on the luck dog [-X I remember being at a GCVWS BBQ at Shane's place a couple years ago getting the gears from the DVKK boys about our beer of choice =; it's not just for Indians!!!!!

Thanks for the props on the paint!! As soon as I lifted the polisher the first panel I was stoaked!!!

Those DVKK boys should talk. Don't they drink Bacardi Breezers. [-X

Return to “2012 build-offs”