Postby George » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:42 am

What a sweet ride it looks killer, nice work bro. =D> =D> =D>

Pigpen
What vasectomy?

Postby Pigpen » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:01 am

I WANT IT!!!! Smile

blitzd

Postby blitzd » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:41 am

Not a whole lot going on right now, waiting on some parts to make it a driver. Spend most of the afternoon yesterday chasing down the correct u joint so I can install my driveshaft. No one had one locally so I had to order one. I really want to drive this thing this week and waiting on parts is killing me!

I did get the dash wired, also fixed the cowl vent that has never worked. One hinge was broke, the other rusted shut. Rebuilt the hinge, and gave the inside a little rattle can job while it was apart.

Finished my exhaust hangers and put gas in it for the 1st time in a year and a half...then fixed a gas leak. ](*,) I really cant wait to hear it run again so I might try to start it this afternoon.

soulsurfer26

Postby soulsurfer26 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:46 am

blitzd wrote:

Really really really nice car!!!!!
'55 extremely early oval
'55 rusty oval ragtop
'61 ratlook or Madnessssss

blitzd

Postby blitzd » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:48 am

Spend 8 hours on this thing yesterday but nothing much to show. Finished up the wiring, re ran all the air lines through the frame, changed my running board brackets to make them more adjustable, hooked up an amp and set of 6x9s I had laying around, drilled holes for the seat and seat belts, put fat mat in the doors and on the firewall, made some brackets to hold the gas tank higher to clear drive shaft tunnel, prepped and primed my interior trim for paint.

Bed comes back from the blaster tomorrow. Battery cable and steering components will be here Monday. Should be a driver Monday. Hopefully I can get the bed bodyworked and painted by month end.

Franz

Postby Franz » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:21 am

Wow! Thats quick! Build-off winner?!

blitzd

Postby blitzd » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:45 pm

Franz wrote:Wow! Thats quick! Build-off winner?!

Ugh, doubtful still a lot of work left to do. I have been pouring the hours in this thing lately to get it done before spring. The bed and fenders need a ton of body work still. The bed has some rust spots, the right fender is trashed. I had to cut out the fender supports so I need to fab new ones and I still do not know exactly what im doing for the bed floor. Also I bought the wrong roll pan and I don't feel like returning it and waiting for the right one so Ill have to make it work. Gonna be a long hard weekend.

blitzd

Postby blitzd » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:46 pm

Been slacking on pictures the last few days, finally some progress to show. Running boards were pretty rough, filled all the holes and fixed all the rusty areas. My idea of bolt on brackets did not work so I welded them on.

Got one fender sanded, was pretty straight just had to fill a few holes and pound out a few small dings. Came out nice, one more coat of high build should do the trick.

This fender however is pretty haggard. Spent some time on it with the hammer and dolly but it still needs a ton of work. Going to a swap meet in the morning hoping to find a nicer one.

A few progress pictures from earlier in the week. Gas tank and electrical.

Shock mounts and shocks.

Bobdabuilder

Postby Bobdabuilder » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:54 pm

That red is fuckin evil. I dub this truck " The Pantydropper".
Swinging hammers and turning wrenches since '94.

tlambert

Postby tlambert » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:27 pm

Plastic fuel tank?

What is it from?
Tim

john jones wrote:Sanding sucks balls, My balls have been about sucked off..:-#

S-10 BB Swap
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f10/1st-gen-bigblock-installation-223375/

blitzd

Postby blitzd » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:40 am

tlambert wrote:Plastic fuel tank?

What is it from?

It is just the stock steel tank. I should have painted it white but I already put gas in it.

Not much accomplished this weekend, I didn't make it in time to pick up the bed from the blaster on Friday since I was at the swap meet all day so ill get it today. I couldn't find a better right fender so I spent some time bodyworking the one I have yesterday, ill get some filler on it and in primer today.

scottsain
Bryan Adams

Postby scottsain » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:40 pm

tlambert wrote:Plastic fuel tank?

What is it from?

what the hell are you looking at? it has rust on it!
VW Drag Night 2017!
July 7-8
Orangeburg Dragstrip, Neeses SC
www.vwdragnight.com
BE HERE! FREE FOOD! FREE DRINKS! FAST CARS! LOOSE WOMEN!
www.facebook.com/VWDragNight

tlambert

Postby tlambert » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:42 pm

I thought it might be some type of conversion tank. Didn't pay any attention to the rust.

Alright Scott, get back to controlling the fires and staying away from the cabana boys.
Tim

john jones wrote:Sanding sucks balls, My balls have been about sucked off..:-#

S-10 BB Swap
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f10/1st-gen-bigblock-installation-223375/

Pigpen
What vasectomy?

Postby Pigpen » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:27 am

I guess I need to get caught up on my February build off threads.. All kinds of cool shit goin on...

blitzd

Postby blitzd » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:20 am

Late night last night and the bed still isnt in primer. This bed was in worse shape than I though. Hammer and dolly work on 16 gauge sucks, but I fixed some rust and filled several holes.

Still need to rework the front bed rolls today and finish up the wheel tubs.

Removed the tailgate hooks since im using a hidden latch. Didn't come apart as cleanly as I would have liked.

Steering column and linkage are done. I had to fab a new mount to hang the column from to tie the dash and fire wall together, which sucked with everything painted. I had a bracket there to stiffen up the booster so I just made it a little larger and tied it into the dash and the column drop. I tried getting pictures of this but it was pretty much impossible. lol.

Return to “2012 build-offs”