January build-off

Franz

January build-off

Postby Franz » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:29 am

Ok, Here it is. Who wants to compete? The build starts January 1st, and ends January 31st.

John, Kevin and I will pick the top 3-5 builds that stood out in our minds as exceptional for any variety or reasons...skill, speed, excitement, out of the box, etc etc.

Those 3-5 will then be put into a poll for all forum users to vote on for the next 48 hours on the 1st and 2nd of the next month(Febuary)....the winner gets a "build-off" only t-shirt....the only way to get this shirt is to win the build-off....Plus, I'm sure there will be a goody bag of stuff included.

...And the next month's(Febuary) build-off will start on the 1st.
Last edited by Franz on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Franz

Postby Franz » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:35 am

Ok, start your threads under "KCW Krew", "January build-off" section. Click here, then click "new topic" on the bottom left corner to start your build-off thread. Post your name, and the project you'll be working on, your ideas, goals, monthly goal, links to an on-going build thread, and any history, or anything that you think is relevent. Take some time to make your first post...be sure to include pictures and stuff like that...make it interesting for us to read/look at.

Be sure to set a goal for the month...it gives you something to work towards. Make it something that's attainable for you, and your amount of avalible time.

Also, note that it doesn't have to be VW project...It can be anything that drives rides or flys. Hot rod, bicycle, model, motorcycle, air plane, etc etc...man shit...you know what I mean.

And I don't want anyone to think that they are too experianced, or not experianced enough to compete...we're not judging you on that. I want guys like lufkraft, and novice mechanics to both feel like they have a place, and that they are welcome. Were not judging you on your skill level. We're judging you on what you can do, preserverance, and thought. Hardwork is impressive in any form....
Last edited by Franz on Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pigpen
What vasectomy?

Postby Pigpen » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:04 am

I'm pumped... I'm ready to watch you guys kick ass!!!

MichaelDF

Postby MichaelDF » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:32 am

Question. You build your project for any given month, but it doesn't get finished. How do you roll it over to the next month? Or you start a new thread for that new month with your progress for just that month?
-Michael-
DUBFAB

Franz

Postby Franz » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:46 am

Hmmm.

I think you should start a new thread each month.

I can merge the past month's build progress into a already going build thread on these forums, in a different section...say like our reader's rides, canadian corner, euro bunker, or baywindow central

Anvil
Official judge of posts

Postby Anvil » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:50 am

I'm just gonna' come out and say it: if I got to work on my own VW's what do I need you guys for?

Do you need my address for sending that t-shirt again?

\:D/
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. -- H. L. Mencken

BEANS

Postby BEANS » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:43 pm

This would be good for me. :-k Set a timeline, and work towards it. With 2 kids (2 months, 17months), and traveling for work all the time I find it hard to make anytime for projects, but somehow if I have a deadline, I can make stuff happen.

I'm gonna decide here in the next few days whether its tackling the pedal car fully, or getting to work on my '68 pan (narrow/lower, etc)

I also posted this in another local forum to see if I can get some of the other guys off their asses, and over here to help me out :-$

dcguy

Postby dcguy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:26 pm

Awesome idea!
jp

carpe diem, one day, one life, no more.

Gretchen Jones

Postby Gretchen Jones » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:33 pm

This'll be fun to watch!!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

exciter
blue & silver

Postby exciter » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:52 pm

This sounds like a blast!!!!! I have my bus and Kims Double cab to get some shit done on and Im going to try and get a fire lit under my boys ass to get back on his Java maybe we can get him in on this as well! Thats if the rest of you guys are okay with a 16 year old showing you up??? \:D/
LETS GET IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joe

Sainfest 2012 or bust!!!!!
Daytona 2012 here we come!!!!
slammed 63 og patina!!!!!!!

john jones

Postby john jones » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:57 pm

I'm glad everyone is excited. I think it will be good for everyone involved...

andym

Postby andym » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:33 pm

I want to enter my bus in January. I should have all the Parts collected for it by then.
Andy In Modesto

Maybe Subaru parts could fix it?

el arod

Postby el arod » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:56 am

i dont have any projects to be done except a new engine build for my bus. is that allowed?
alex
"Trailer?" "Those are for boats!"

unk

Postby unk » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:20 am

Hey Creig.........you gettn on this? Finish that rig of yours. com'on man!

Return to “2012 build-offs”