General idea

Franz

General idea

Postby Franz » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:14 am

Pigpen wrote:Alright, here is my idea.. I spoke with John yesterday, and KCW is in.. These are just ideas that will need to be modified as things get rolling..

Start a new section on the website called Monthly Showdown(or something like that) with 2 sub sections.. Current month and past months..

Every month, we host a mini contest via internet.. Everone from anywhere is welcome, but it is only through KCW website.. Participants have to start and maintain a thread for their project(VW) in the above thread.. Updates, progress, PHOTOS, etc...

The goal is to get as much work done as possible, a lot like we do.. This is a competition(and a challenge) to everyone out there to get some shit done.. The last day of every month, John, Franz and I will select the top 5 projects from that month.. The 1st of every month, we will post a poll with the top 5 builders, and YOU guys will decide who wins that month... Polls close the morning of the 2nd when we get to work..

Winner will recieve a special KCW Build Off Tshirt, that is un buyable.. The only way to get this shirt is to win it.. Also, some sort of prize will be given as well.. Maybe also a sticker for your back window..The prize thing will take a little time to figure out, but we want to motivate you guys with worth while shit...

So here is the deal... Get your projects ready for January.. January 1st, we will start a thread for the Showdown.. Get your project thread started on the first.. Everyone is welcome to chime in on these threads as if they were one of our customer threads.. You need to keep it updated to keep peoples interest, otherwise this wont work... Februaury First, KCW forum members choice award will be decided.. Winner of the January Showdown wins the above mentioned shirt, and a raw KCW beam... =D>

You guys have nothing to lose by entering this.. It is 100% free.. Winners will get worthwhile prizes.. I am not going to post this anywhere except here.. If you guys have friends building cars that aren't on KCW web, get them over here.. I think we can help get cars finished and back on the road without ever touching them.. We want to promote the scene through all you blue collar guys out there.. This is our new advertisement.. Now get to work!!!
Last edited by Franz on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LOWPWRPLANT

Postby LOWPWRPLANT » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:32 am

Thats pretty damn cool.....
I got two cars i need to pull the trigger on...

:-k
Life is Good!
{Attitude is everything}!!!

MichaelDF

Postby MichaelDF » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:27 am

Very Exciting.

Question. You build your project for any given month, but it doesn't get finished. How do you roll it over to the next month? Or you start a new thread for that new month with your progress for just that month?
-Michael-
DUBFAB

lator

Postby lator » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:44 am

What is there to keep someone from passing off completed work as current?
For example, condensing 4 months work into 4 weeks.

On solution could be to include a picture of the project with a handwritten peice of paper of the date and builders username.
Some other forums require this for Classifieds.

... Just a suggestion

jb

Postby jb » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:26 pm

I just bought a new project ](*,) I needed another :^o

I'm game, cool idea!!!

Franz

Postby Franz » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:58 am

lator wrote:What is there to keep someone from passing off completed work as current?
For example, condensing 4 months work into 4 weeks.

On solution could be to include a picture of the project with a handwritten peice of paper of the date and builders username.
Some other forums require this for Classifieds.

... Just a suggestion

No way to know...We're going to assume that everyone is being honest. It would be stupid to do all of that lieing for a T-shirt.

Return to “2012 build-offs”