^^^ Have to tell on myself and Andy. We've been back and forth on the phone for a few months now about my idle. It was hunting all the time. Tried everything Andy suggested, but what seemed like an improvement would quickly revert to same old, same old.
In the back of my mind, I thought it might be a ground issue. Discussed idea with Andy several times, but never really investigated. Other than the idle hunt, everything was great. Never any cause for worry while driving, just that damn idle. So after getting back from BOR Phoenix last Sunday, I decided to get to the bottom of it. Cut the tape back from the ignition harness so I could see the ground splice. Sure enough, the ground was hooked up to the sensor ground instead of the power ground. Cut the ground wire long enough to attach a lug to, and ground it to the block. Gave it a start, and ; "Holy Shit" Batman! It fixed the idle!
Not only that, the drivability improved 50%. Where it was great before, it is outstanding now. I can coast off throttle without any bucking I experienced before, and lug around corners at 10mph in third gear. Freak'in awesome.
Now here is the tell on part. When I first wired up the micro squirt, I laid it all out on the bench and used the wiring diagram from the MS manual to hook everything up. But I left the ignition stuff alone because I was confused with ignitor and coil pack wiring. As things progressed, we discovered errors and Andy's experience took over. Andy figured out after awhile that my coil pack was coil pack and ignitor combined. Then we ripped up my carefully executed harness build,
and Andy hard wired the harness to the engine. made everything way more clean and neat. But he somehow hooked sensor ground to the coil pack instead of power ground.
All good now though.
Definitely a learning experiance