Slow Steve's 67 bus build

Slow Steve

Postby Slow Steve » Sun May 27, 2012 3:00 pm

Alright, it's hot as <____> (insert what ever you want here). Here's what I got done today. I finished painting the inside. I didn't do the removables because the front window frames are crusty and I'm going to look for some more. I didn't want to paint twice, just knock it out once.

Here's the window fames, anybody have any for sale?:

And here's where I started today:

This is what I ended up with:

I started messing with the windows and figure out which ones to go with. I'm kind of leaning towards the camper windows, what do you guys think?

tlambert

Postby tlambert » Sun May 27, 2012 3:11 pm

Slow Steve wrote:Alright, it's hot as <____> (insert what ever you want here). Here's what I got done today. I finished painting the inside. I didn't do the removables because the front window frames are crusty and I'm going to look for some more. I didn't want to paint twice, just knock it out once.

$2 whore on Saturday night?

On the windows, its all in what you want to do with the bus. I say if you are going to camp in it and do some type of camper interior do the camper windows.
If just cruising around pop outs.
Tim

john jones wrote:Sanding sucks balls, My balls have been about sucked off..:-#

S-10 BB Swap
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f10/1st-gen-bigblock-installation-223375/

fidysea

Postby fidysea » Sun May 27, 2012 3:23 pm

pretend driving! it will motovate. looks great slow steve! you are making me want to get back on my bus project.

Slow Steve

Postby Slow Steve » Sun May 27, 2012 7:04 pm

Thanks guys^^

Tim: We plan on doing some camping with it, so I will probably go with the camper windows. It would be cool to take it out to Moab, Mt. Zion, Red Wood Forest.... to name a few. Kelly and I have talked about doing a cross country trip in it, take the kayaks, mountain bikes and fishing gear; see what happens.

fdysea: Get back on it! It looked like you enjoyed working on it, besides you have that new welder to use. I was in Danville last weekend, not too far. When you get your bus to the painting stage, let me know and If you want I will shoot it for you. I'm still learning, so I can't promise good results Smile I used to go to VIR and do track days with Cornerspeed, lots of fun! Did you ever fix that bird bath? Smile

tlambert

Postby tlambert » Sun May 27, 2012 8:30 pm

That sounds like it would be fun.

I beleive you have made a decision!
Tim

john jones wrote:Sanding sucks balls, My balls have been about sucked off..:-#

S-10 BB Swap
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f10/1st-gen-bigblock-installation-223375/

fidysea

Postby fidysea » Tue May 29, 2012 11:20 am

Hey Thanks for the paint offer slow steve. I just want to get it driving all ratty like But I may paint it one day.When you come to Danville again let me know we can hang out.

Bird bath is back together with the chunk still missing.

V.I.R. is awesome. I have a vintage honda road racer unfinished project I always wanted to take out there. ..one day.... maybe I will pull it out there with the bus.

too much stuff to do and not enough time or $

Pigpen
What vasectomy?

Postby Pigpen » Tue May 29, 2012 2:08 pm

Painted? what?! I missed that.. Sweet Steve!! I love my camper windows.. I put them in with out the screens for better visibility.. I'm glad too..

Slow Steve

Postby Slow Steve » Tue May 29, 2012 7:44 pm

fidysea wrote:Hey Thanks for the paint offer slow steve. I just want to get it driving all ratty like But I may paint it one day.When you come to Danville again let me know we can hang out.

V.I.R. is awesome. I have a vintage honda road racer unfinished project I always wanted to take out there. ..one day.... maybe I will pull it out there with the bus.

I'll definently let you know next time i'm in Danville, see what kind of funny shit you're up to. So you're going to get back on your bus? Post up some pics of your bike. I'd love to get a hold of an old thruxton and ride that out at VIR; the north course ROCKS! I crashed in turn 3... I had the bike leaned over and I was sliding sideways going about 60, so I stood it up because I didn't want to go off the track sideways..... the barriers get close .. FAST! #-o I flew over the bars and hit my head pretty hard. I saw stars walking in the paddock afterwards and got kind of dizzy. I was on the track next session. Funny thing is I got faster now that I found out what not to do Smile
Last edited by Slow Steve on Tue May 29, 2012 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slow Steve

Postby Slow Steve » Tue May 29, 2012 8:01 pm

Pigpen wrote:Painted? what?! I missed that.. Sweet Steve!! I love my camper windows.. I put them in with out the screens for better visibility.. I'm glad too..

Thanks man! I'm super stoked and can't wait to take it camping. When's the KCW camp out in Moab? That would be cool to make it an annual so others can trave up there and camp out with the crew. Good tip on the windows, wouldn't want to have found that one out the hard way.

john jones

Postby john jones » Tue May 29, 2012 8:02 pm

that would be awesome if you or any others could make moab.. it would be cool to have a centrally located big campout..

do you still need some front door window frames? I have extra's..

fidysea

Postby fidysea » Wed May 30, 2012 7:20 am

Slow Steve wrote:
fidysea wrote:Hey Thanks for the paint offer slow steve. I just want to get it driving all ratty like But I may paint it one day.When you come to Danville again let me know we can hang out.

I'll definently let you know next time i'm in Danville, see what kind of funny shit you're up to. So you're going to get back on your bus? Post up some pics of your bike. I'd love to get a hold of an old thruxton and ride that out at VIR; the north course ROCKS! I crashed in turn 3... I had the bike leaned over and I was sliding sideways going about 60, so I stood it up because I didn't want to go off the track sideways..... the barriers get close .. FAST! #-o I flew over the bars and hit my head pretty hard. I saw stars walking in the paddock afterwards and got kind of dizzy. I was on the track next session. Funny thing is I got faster now that I found out what not to do Smile

There are actually 2 hondas RR projects. both are cl 175's one is a early "sloper" and the other has the vertical cylinders. the vert is in pieces everywere. both have s12 pistins to make them 200cc. the vert has a ported head and mikunis and megacycle cam but not installed ](*,) . iA guy showed me how to mod a vw petronix for a electronic ignition. cool stuff. i was about to put it all together then I went vintage motocrossing and it got mothballed. I will snap a pic of the sloper, its burred under stuff at my mom house.

what are you riding? something fast. I picked the slowest,cheapst smallest cc of the vintage rr classes. new bikes are scarry fast.

moab in your bus! we will have to do some road trips when I get mine going.

Slow Steve

Postby Slow Steve » Wed May 30, 2012 8:37 pm

john jones wrote:that would be awesome if you or any others could make moab.. it would be cool to have a centrally located big campout..

do you still need some front door window frames? I have extra's..

That would be a cool trip and one Kelly and I have planned. I just started a new job and don't have any vacation time yet, but that would definitely like to make it when I do; maybe the trip next year if you guys make it an annual campout. And, yes I need the frames. I will PM my address, just let me know how much I need to send. The window frames will be much appreciated!

Slow Steve

Postby Slow Steve » Wed May 30, 2012 9:03 pm

fidysea wrote:
Slow Steve wrote:

There are actually 2 hondas RR projects. both are cl 175's one is a early "sloper" and the other has the vertical cylinders. the vert is in pieces everywere. both have s12 pistins to make them 200cc. the vert has a ported head and mikunis and megacycle cam but not installed ](*,) . iA guy showed me how to mod a vw petronix for a electronic ignition. cool stuff. i was about to put it all together then I went vintage motocrossing and it got mothballed. I will snap a pic of the sloper, its burred under stuff at my mom house.

what are you riding? something fast. I picked the slowest,cheapst smallest cc of the vintage rr classes. new bikes are scarry fast.

moab in your bus! we will have to do some road trips when I get mine going.

Moab next year? HELL YES!! Plenty of time to get your bus together. As far as bikes, I'm not riding anything right now. I sold my bike when I went back to school, no time to ride and the extra $ didn't hurt either. The new sport bikes are insanely fast, they are basically race bikes out the box. Can't beat the power to rate ratio. My track nike was a 04, 600 and it was putting out what liter bikes were a couple of years earlier; I can't image what that are like now. And, to tell you the truth... I don't want to find out either. I'd rather get a vintage cafe racer and hit the track with that. It just seems like it hurts more and I heal slower now when I crash :-k I posted a few pics of me out at VIR in the motorcyle racket, but her is a couple:

Here's turn 3 where I crashed, picture sliding sideways heading towards the edge of the track.. [-o<

fidysea

Postby fidysea » Thu May 31, 2012 6:26 pm

Moab sounds awesome but. :-k I need to start small trips and work up. we should do manasas and farmington then CTS then no-dough in FL. It is going to need some shake down and sort out. I also need to know how to fix more stuff so I wont be stranded.

Wren
Hey, KEEVIIN!!!

Postby Wren » Thu May 31, 2012 6:35 pm

I like those camper windows. What are they from a sundial? You don’t see those that much I’d go with them. Bus looks good! =D>

Return to “2012 build-offs”