Seats look great.
Tim

john jones wrote:Sanding sucks balls, My balls have been about sucked off..:-#

S-10 BB Swap
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f10/1st-gen-bigblock-installation-223375/

NUG637

Re: Snail trail

Postby NUG637 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:55 am

Shana has been wanting to take bikes on our trip to make seeing the area abit easier and cheaper. Got some brackets laser cut to make a start thanks to Foulcan and also a huge thanks to Tom for leaving the bike rack here for me to use

Had to make it very easily/quickly removable if i ever needed to get to the engine bay in a hurry, so decide to make it hinge out of the way.... in hindsight i probably should of made it hinge to the passenger side so it was off the road if we were pulled over but not to worry

decided on a nice snug fit of 2 pieces of pipe to act as a pivot/hinge. Kept it a little longer for more support when swung out the way...

Ended up using a nice thick bit of right angle to locate it into it closed position and used a hitch pin to lock it in, nice easy removable item but had to put it in an easily accessible position. Clamped it all down really tight when i welded it and drilled the hole, so its a tight fit with no room to rattle or clunk *thank god*

Had to modify the bike rack to suit shana's 60's girls bike with the lower step through frame. Abit of Cut and shutting to make them sit reasonably level when mounted to the rack. With My bike only, i can get it to swing nearly 180 degree's but with shana's bike and the basket on it, i can get just over 90 degrees which is more then enough to get into the engine bay.

Abit of rattle can enamel and this bitch is done!

Addressed a few minor issues while i was working under the rear end to.... pulled off the exhaust and fixed a few small leaks that i had looked past when i first installed it and also fixed a kinked breather hose... no matter what i tried i could not stop it from kinking... Matt let me in on a little tip to put an early carb return spring in the hose and it will stop it from kinking and still allow it to bend. The spring is just big enough to not fall through into the tappet covers to.

feels good tho get all these small jobs out the way 8) the count down to when we leave it on \:D/ \:D/

john jones

Postby john jones » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:55 am

very cool bike rack...

When is the big trip?

NUG637

Postby NUG637 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:56 pm

In about 2 weeks... Got a little holiday booked on stradbroke island after New Years and then we hit the road after that :-$ \:D/ \:D/

john jones

Postby john jones » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:08 am

that rig is awesome.. You really out did yourself on that....

I hope I get to visit your place some day.. [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

NUG637

Postby NUG637 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:30 pm

Thanks jj,

I've said it befor but your more then welcome and I hope you do! More then enugh cars to sort you out to :-$

Misses wants to do a white Christmas one year... Trying to convince her to go skiing out your way if we do and oh look what we found... I didn't know kcw was on this road :-" :-$ \:D/

NUG637

Postby NUG637 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:48 am

Santa dropped off a few luxuries for the snail... One being a 12v tv which we were gonna do without but since it was a gift I'm sure we could put it to use!
The tv itself is crazy lightweight but the adjustable wall mount bracket was crazy heavy... So a few speed holes and it dropped 2kg off... It all counts

Mounted it for viewing on the day bed and from our sleeping bed above the cab. Wired it all in myself (electrical is my weakest link) and nothing caught fire... Winning! Mind the mess... Midway between packing and worksite

Also got a 12v lavazza coffee espresso machine! My life is complete!

cookiemonster131

Postby cookiemonster131 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:00 am

Love it
"With all of those VW's in the parking lot i thought it was a Unitarian Church" Hank Hill

DOGO

Postby DOGO » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:18 am

Awesome. So jealous!
I hope the bracket locks in the "closed" position Smile
...but that's just me.

hubcap

Postby hubcap » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:27 pm

Nearly time to head off right?

Have a great trip, safe travels,

Thanks for sharing a great build =D> =D> =D>
"Plans change daily"

cookiemonster131

Postby cookiemonster131 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:07 pm

he is on his journey. He has been posting a lot of pics on Instagram. Looks awesome so far.
"With all of those VW's in the parking lot i thought it was a Unitarian Church" Hank Hill

Mr Grim

Postby Mr Grim » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:15 am

This is one of my all time favorite builds. I wish I had the motivation to build one just like this.

wornRAGS

Postby wornRAGS » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:49 am

Epic build. Total dedication to a project and well deserved praise for a badass ride.
misunderstood....and I like it that way.

way2cool

Postby way2cool » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:30 pm

Top finish on a great build.
Let us know when you're heading into Perth.
The local meet at Alfred's Kitchen is the first Wednesday of the month,every month,6.30ish pm.
I know you will be most welcome.
Happy trails.
Cheers...Kim
KIM -----------------
" whale oil beef hooked "
http://www.chalkboards.com.au

omr_007

Postby omr_007 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:25 pm

Yep Nug is on the road! I'm sure he'll be checking in here pretty often with all his free time now :-"

They are running heaps of blogs, facebook pages, instagram shit and god knows what else. The easiest way to follow then without having to sign up or log-in is here .... https://www.facebook.com/vwsnailtrail

They are having a great time as well as a few hiccups including a fried alternator on the 3rd day of the trip and a massive hail storm just a day or so ago that peppered the shit out of the thin alloy.
That put a bit of a dampner on things but a few hail dents or road trophies will only add to the memories and experience. Nothing that can't be fixed anyway.

Heres a few pics I stole from another forum ...

Nice spot to break down ...

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Last edited by omr_007 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Baywindow Central”