Snail trail

NUG637

Re: Snail trail

Postby NUG637 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:11 pm

Dasdubber wrote:Great pics Nugget, you are making many people envious of your travels and adventures. Wise move to do it before your own kids come along!

Good luck for Dibba's bub, its your duty as an uncle to introduce your new niece to the 'fart game' as soon as she can understand what's going on ;)
Al

I will take that in my stride Smile

Phat Bug

Postby Phat Bug » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:41 pm

Great update Nugget!! Very envious.

john jones

Postby john jones » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:48 am

this bus has been on some epic journeys!!!!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Fortress has been secured.. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
No new dirty shop projects. [-X [-X [-X don't even ask... [-( [-( [-( [-(

way2cool

Postby way2cool » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:44 pm

great trip and pics Nugget.I love the pic of the Snail amongst all of the fourbies at the rock.Classic stuff!
...Kim

NUG637

Postby NUG637 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:58 am

WELL, I can't believe after 12 months and 20,521miles (33025km) the snail pulled back into home after completing an entire lap of Aus. We owe a few people abit more then just a thank you and hopefully one day in the near future i can square up those favours. This past year has been an absolute blast!

Here are a Few more shots of some of the special places we have seen in the last couple of months

time to get back to reality over these next few weeks and time to start saving for a house 8)

GarryA

Postby GarryA » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:50 am

Congratulations on your journey. I have watched your Instagram account and seen some of the many spectacular pictures you have posted.
Only those who travel as you did will ever know the memories that will be with you for the rest of your life. If you ever make it to this continent (Snail or no-Snail) I would present you an open invitation.

john jones

Postby john jones » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:19 am

awesome!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> epic journey!!

a story that should be told! Smile
Fortress has been secured.. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
No new dirty shop projects. [-X [-X [-X don't even ask... [-( [-( [-( [-(

alykat

Postby alykat » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:27 am

You need to put it all down in a book. With pictures of course. One lap of Australia. Coffee table edition.
911 operator: What is your emergency ? Me: Some asshole just pulled out in front of me & totaled my car! 911: Are you injured? Me: No. 911: Is the other driver injured ? Me: Not yet....but you should probably send an ambulance.

Chad L

Postby Chad L » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:37 pm

alykat wrote:You need to put it all down in a book. With pictures of course. One lap of Australia. Coffee table edition.

Absolutely! This is the coolest thread and an inspiration to many who would love to do the exact same thing. =D> =D> =D> =D> I think any day my wife could just decide to hit the road in our bus... I hope she takes me! :-" :-" :-" :-"

jb

Postby jb » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:00 pm

Major props man! You just did something 99% of us can only dream of! My apprentice at work is building his own camper (truck box type) from scratch. I sent him this thread to get some ideas...such a gangsta rig =D> How did it hold up with all those miles under the belt (other than the hail storm peppering) any mods or improvements planned?

NUG637

Postby NUG637 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:19 pm

Thanks Gentleman, still coming to terms with being home. As for improvements the only thing I'm contemplating about doing is making a slide out for the bbq, at the moment the bqq has to be pulled apart into 3 pieces and stored in the cabinets beside the fridge. Just have to take a few measurements and draw up a system that will allow us to just slide the bbq out the side of the bus and just slide it back away when we have finished cooking. Other then that i wouldn't change a thing.

After spending 90% of the last 12 months on the hella salty coastline of Aus a few things have popped up under the paint like a few rust bubbles in the lower front nose (which by the way has never been welded). Wouldn't be surprised if its full of dirt in there and overtime it has gotten wet its just held the moisture causing abit of rust to come through... but nothing i shouldn't be able to fix up over a weekend.

due for a huge service and will give it a tune before retiring it to weekends away, but i couldn't ask it to perform any better over the last 12 months..... i love my bus \:D/ \:D/

russ scott

Postby russ scott » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:13 pm

how did i miss this thread, i just read through the whole thing.
unreal, what an amazing journey
thanks for the ride along

way2cool

Postby way2cool » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:19 am

Hey Myles...Huge pleasure to meet you guys in Perth and so glad you've had a wonderful trip around the Wide Brown Land...welcome home
KIM -----------------
" whale oil beef hooked "
http://www.chalkboards.com.au

Phat Bug

Postby Phat Bug » Thu May 25, 2017 5:34 pm

NUG637 wrote:Image

Keep coming back to this thread.
These pics some up this awesome build and this awesome country =D>

rustabus
Livin' the retired life