69 Fat chick, farm truck For Sale 690

Knox

69 Fat chick, farm truck For Sale 690

Postby Knox » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:08 pm

(I will post pictures as soon as I find or steal a camera)

The Stage:
So a friend and I were driving along in his work van and spotted a nice* orange 69 single cab in a field. He had seen it before but had never stopped to look. After he got off work we went down and left a phone number with, who I think was the man's son, 3 days later I get a call and we worked out a good price and that he will call me when he finds the title... ItÃÔ been about 2 weeks now and I just got the call previously to typing this. IÃÎ happy to say that although he did not find the original title he went to the DMV and got a replacement. I hoping heÃÔ not lying. Tomorrow after work IÃÎ going to stop by and drop off the money and see if itÃÔ fit to flat tow. My friend really wanted to do a samba style drive out of the bus itÃÔ too fucking hot.

The Bus:
If I can remember the m codes correctly and it only had a few, the normal American package, 2 treasure chest drawers, and last but not least vent windows! Also it has a split bus engine cover, crank start rear apron, a beautiful orange paint job, special hidden driver side treasure chest door, tons of peeling bondo chips just waiting to get pulled off, a very crud filled engine compartment, and some special ventilation holes made from over the years.

The Predicament:
It has an air-cooled, gasoline engine in it.**

The Plan:
Go Brazilian industrial on this fat chicks ass***!

*"Nice" in the sense of the work where it is applied to items that could be driven with some work. It has seen a few to many Wisconsin winters and times of hard use to be perfect. To top it all, I was lucky enough to have the previous owner own stock in bondo and a welder. It happens to have a crank start rear apron along with a "nicely" hidden driver side treasure chest.
** The last 6 months I put around 35,000 miles on a ?2 diesel rabbit that was driven out of a field after sitting for 8 years. Plus I donÃÕ like the smell of gasoline, or the feel, taste, torque curve, being able to rev up to 6,000, having to deal with electronics, power, that you canÃÕ run it on an alcoholic goat's piss
***Well more than just her ass. I have a 1.6 n/a diesel laying around that needs a home.
Last edited by Knox on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:13 am, edited 4 times in total.

unk

Postby unk » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:14 pm

Nice to see some mad-town dubbers come out of the woodwork. Good luck on bringin life back to the bus.

Knox

Postby Knox » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:50 am

Got her home yesterday morning.
Notice the missing treasure chest.
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/6170/img0204ss.jpg
[/img]
[/img]

Franz

Postby Franz » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:54 pm

Sweet! looks like you have some work ahead of you.

bagpipe goatee

Postby bagpipe goatee » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:57 pm

Engine spun, but key wouldn't crank it; starter works. Needs battery cables or more.

Fuel pump leaks around integrated filter. Has 34 carb hacked onto singleport manifold.

Engine has compression, oil pressure, and is pretty good on end play. Should run with correct carb and ignition system gone through.

The real sorry part is the frame at the torsion housing on the passenger side. I think current plan is simple cheap steel plate frame fabrication.

Knox

Postby Knox » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:52 pm

bagpipe goatee wrote:The real sorry part is the frame at the torsion housing on the passenger side. I think current plan is simple cheap steel plate frame fabrication.

Yeah Bagpipe is right, the frame is shit. Was thinking it might be a good idea to replace the frame the full length of the truck. So the rusty pile at least has a good base.

Also I am looking for 2 treasure chest doors in semi good shape, would love something with a little* less bondo. Also the gates are going to be up for sale sans hardware. I'm going to make ones that I can actually use.

*I don't care if there rusty and/or beat to shit, just less bondo!

Knox

Postby Knox » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:19 pm

Well since John Jones has been complaining about dead forums. I think its time for me to post an update...

Looking to buy an item or two:

A Mexican bay grill as I would like to run the early turn signals

or a front clip from a Mexican bay, as it would be much easier to slap this truck together, depending on the price \:D/

Franz

Postby Franz » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:26 am

What? You're going to put a radiator in it?

Knox

Postby Knox » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:03 pm

Franz wrote:What? You're going to put a radiator in it?

Looking to do just that...

Going to have a diesel power plant some time in the future. After it gets back on the road with a the 1600.

Knox

Postby Knox » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:14 pm

Got sick of the same old crap and threw it all out side in the cold.

The first time in over 6 months that I have seen that part of the floor for more then a few hours.

And then I got bored...

My friend Brandon wanted to see if there was in fact vents on the passenger side treasure chest door under the bondo...

"This truck would be 500lbs lighter if we took off all the bondo!"
"What truck?"

Replaced the spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and adjusted the points, found out it had a dual port carb farmer rigged on to it, fixed a vacuum hose, found out the distributor is all gummed up but after sitting for who knows how long in that farmers field. We got her running!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn8Xr_sm ... e=youtu.be

Knox

Postby Knox » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:31 pm

](*,) This is the 4th time Brandon has bashed out his fount teeth! You think after the 3rd time you would learn...

A nice looking fuse box I have here! Gum wrapper: check Screw: Check

alykat

yup

Postby alykat » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:52 pm

Welcome to the wonderful world of redneck engineering.
911 operator: What is your emergency ? Me: Some asshole just pulled out in front of me & totaled my car! 911: Are you injured? Me: No. 911: Is the other driver injured ? Me: Not yet....but you should probably send an ambulance.

Knox

Re: yup

Postby Knox » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:26 am

alykat wrote:Welcome to the wonderful world of redneck engineering.

\:D/

Knox

Postby Knox » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:45 am

So I got home today at around 5am...

Ok so I woke up yesterday at 2pm but still.

The engine is out sitting on the ground ready to be cleaned of all things mice.

We broke the trailer hitch off just by unbolting one side and jumping on the other. One side was welded and one side had broken welds. Would not have wanted to pull any thing with that.

Almost...

I just found out to that I left the in the shop so I'll finish this post when I have some pictures.

edit:

color test...

Started cleaning out the chest, found lots of treasure!

Found some nice welds under the gas tank panels.

The gas tank also was found to be held in place by a brush and a 5 gallon bucket lid.

The engine is not dropped ready for a good de mouse nesting.

The Bumper...

PS: all welds to the body snapped held in with a bolt.

DS: all welds seem to be in place.

Bolt sheared off and welds broke with little effort...

Might have to remake the bumper if I want to haul anything.

Single cabs have a nice built in toll holder. Looks kinda of odd with out the trailer hitch mount in place.

Testing out to see if a Corrado radiator would fit in the chest space. This would only be a temporary placement until a Mexican grill or clip could be sourced.

Got sick of cleaning mouse nest out of the engine so I ripped the ds gate off so that I could work on ideas for a replacement.
Last edited by Knox on Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

bagpipe goatee

Postby bagpipe goatee » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:43 am

This bondo held water!

Digging...

We found treasure! (chest)

Return to “Baywindow Central”