1970 Double Slider Panel Bus.....For sale now.

vwfool

1970 Double Slider Panel Bus.....For sale now.

Postby vwfool » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:24 pm

I have me a '70 Double Slider Panel Bus I am on the fence about what to do with it. Part of me says sell it off along with most of my other stuff as of late and the other part of me says slam it and keep it to save the miles on my Hemi gas guzzling truck. It's a good running bus and after battling for a while now to get the title issue fixed after the previous crackhead owner screwed it up it's finally legally mine with an Arizona title.

How much would it cost to put it down on the ground? Any other Bay owner want to chime in with how they did theirs and the cost involved would be great. I don't want to get too crazy like Franz and Kevin's rides, beautiful work but a bit over my skill set.

So chime in, tell me what you did. Hell I might just sell it so if your interested PM me.

Last edited by vwfool on Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

durfeec

Postby durfeec » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:44 pm

If you have a split beam laying around I'd put that in it with some plates from detroitjohnny on the samba. They are 60$ shipped. I bought them and like them. Flip the spindles and weld adjusters. It'd be cheaper than bay window drop spindles if you have a beam already.

If not, drop spindles, adjusters, and horse shoe plates will get you where you need to be without killing your bank account.
1960 Panel/Camper

OKMOOSE

Postby OKMOOSE » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:42 am

I did the link pin conversion on my bay. If you have a beam sitting around, its pretty straight forward. I narrowed it 4", flipped spindles, etc. I use the detroit johnny plates also, they worked great. I then bought the widefive u-plates for the rear. Their are pics on here of my bay. Its adjusted all the way up, no rubbing, no notching, I can drive it anywhere without any problems.

You have a nice panel, I would keep it.
Better protect your cornhole man...

Franz

Postby Franz » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:37 am

Thats badass scott. Definately lower it. A link pin beam should bolt right into that thing. Get the horseshoe plates from nate for the rear, and maybe a C notch for CV joint clearance.

Put it on 15" bus wheels....the offset will be more freindly for the rear.

That bus has some serious potential!

vwfool

Postby vwfool » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:04 pm

Ok I have been driving this around a bit the last few days and started cleaning it up a little and such. I am just not into Bay windows. It is a fun bus and kind of rare as I have not seen many double door panels but its just not me. My lack of inspiration to work on anything even my early buses is getting to me. So I am putting this one up for sale also.

I will be posting it on samba later tonight with pictures and more info in full. I will price it at $4000 firm on samba.

Anyone on here wants it give me $3800 and I will throw in the rear lowering plates I already bought for it.

VWsArent4Hippies

Postby VWsArent4Hippies » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:25 pm

Cool bus!

Return to “Baywindow Central”