'71 Deluxe

Schmitty

Postby Schmitty » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:33 pm

So, just got back from Mike's house. It runs!

My .009 that I got through my brother, and assembled with a bag of random .009 parts in a bag. The smiley face is a gift from Mike. It's staying.

Looks pretty good, right? Remember what it looked like before?

Pretty big difference there.

The distributor that came on it didn't work. But, I had that .009 from my brother, which works just fine. As does the starter that was on my bus when I got it, held on by one bolt and some duct tape.

Mike gave me a whole brand new clutch assembly, a fuel pump, V belt, tons of other miscellaneous parts, I'll never be able to thank him enough.

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w215 ... 618530.mp4

That's with Mike's distributor though. I think my carb. It was running a bit better later on in the night.

By the way, does anyone wanna see Matt's Beetle?

Can you say that your car has moss growing on it?

Story goes that the previous owner was shot in the head in this thing. That's definitely a bullet hole, and that's definitely where the drivers head would be...
Last edited by Schmitty on Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jake

dreadnotmusic

Postby dreadnotmusic » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:42 pm

What a fun night. I kept pulling parts off the shelf and the engine kept rewarding us with its best shot at another round of service to a loyal owner. I think we all got a bit loopy from the fogging oil burning off the mud laced cylinder walls 8-[

This is what VW's are all about. A good kid working on his good bus. Jake still needs heat exchangers, a good carb, and a stock exhaust if anyone's feeling generous. I'll cover shipping O:)

tlambert

Postby tlambert » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:44 pm

someone looks very happy with the results. =D>
Tim

john jones wrote:Sanding sucks balls, My balls have been about sucked off..:-#

S-10 BB Swap
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f10/1st-gen-bigblock-installation-223375/

Schmitty

Postby Schmitty » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Mike, you've spent more money on this thing than I have. If there is anyone willing to send that stuff, I'll gladly cover shipping. And I'll make you sit and watch while I finally spend some of my own money on this thing \:D/
Jake

Franz

Postby Franz » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:18 am

COOL news on the the bus!

How did the dude get shot in the head? Someone in the car? Murder or accident? If the story is true, you guys should let that car be. Its got bad juju.

dreadnotmusic

Postby dreadnotmusic » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:27 am

Franz wrote:How did the dude get shot in the head? Someone in the car? Murder or accident? If the story is true, you guys should let that car be. Its got bad juju.

Not sure, but I volunteered to help a local VW hoarder sell some of the 300 rusted heaps he has on his property. He dragged down this basket case first and wanted $1800 for it :-s He's been convinced to lower the price considerably and Jake's brother Matt is going to drop it and run it as is....windshield and all.

The seller can't really remember the story but there was something about a head shot at the driver. I don't know if it was a clean hit but it's creepy either way.

alykat

?

Postby alykat » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:22 am

What carb do you need ? I have a few sitting around in the shop....so ?
911 operator: What is your emergency ? Me: Some asshole just pulled out in front of me & totaled my car! 911: Are you injured? Me: No. 911: Is the other driver injured ? Me: Not yet....but you should probably send an ambulance.

dreadnotmusic

Re: ?

Postby dreadnotmusic » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:10 am

alykat wrote:What carb do you need ? I have a few sitting around in the shop....so ?

Probably anything small would work. It ran great with my spare 30/31. Well, kinda great. Hard to tell with no exhaust :-k The mere fact that it ran was a pure shocker.

alykat

carb

Postby alykat » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:28 am

OK. I have no idea what all I have, so let me look around a bit and see what I can find.
911 operator: What is your emergency ? Me: Some asshole just pulled out in front of me & totaled my car! 911: Are you injured? Me: No. 911: Is the other driver injured ? Me: Not yet....but you should probably send an ambulance.

Schmitty

Postby Schmitty » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:39 am

Yeah... I need a header and J-Tubes, and a carb. But, that's pretty much all that I need for the engine.
Jake

alykat

carb

Postby alykat » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:27 am

Found 5 so far, but non worth using. ](*,) Crap. I'll try to get to the barn this coming week and see what I have up there.

slammed and shiny

Postby slammed and shiny » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:12 pm

the engines come a long way... and i would leave that car alone too. like franz said,,, bad juju.
Franz wrote:.that late model shit is for late models.
Broken glass and a broken jaw.
Lies are told in a southern drawl.
Poor-house poverty's your schtick.
The real thing would kill you quick.

Schmitty

Postby Schmitty » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:19 pm

My current motivation is to make Rust Revival, which is held about 20 minutes away in Wayland, on Memorial Day Weekend. After that, hopefully BNNTA if I can get a 21+ to come with me, so I can drive!

I'm thinking that RR is almost 2 months away, I can have it done by then. BNNTA's in September, so no worries at all there. Matt's also gonna have his beetle done by RR(So is the plan) So we'll see how that goes.

This next week, I'm gonna take a color wiring diagram over to the Deluxe and try to get this sorted out. I need bulbs for everything. I have a working driver's side parking light and a rear passengers taillight, but I'm just gonna go ahead and replace them all. Any special bulbs I need?
Jake

slammed and shiny

Postby slammed and shiny » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:01 pm

sweet. i cant remember... any plans for a narrowed beam?
Franz wrote:.that late model shit is for late models.
Broken glass and a broken jaw.

Lies are told in a southern drawl.

Poor-house poverty's your schtick.

The real thing would kill you quick.

Schmitty

Postby Schmitty » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:55 pm

Eventually... I'm gonna wait to do that for when I do a Wide 5 conversion. I hate bay wheels.
Jake

Return to “Baywindow Central”