'71 Deluxe

Schmitty

Postby Schmitty » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:15 pm

I'm hoping to get this thing running on its own power tonight. Gas tanks clean, I have a running engine, it's all wired up, new fuel line...
I'm just gonna jump the starter for now. Obviously, soon I'm gonna get the rest of the wiring figured out. But I don't have the key, so...

But everything's in place. I'll be ready to start playing with the starter as soon as I can get the hose clamp off the old fuel line that broke away at the tank.

Of course, video promised.
Jake

Jobe
what flip?

Postby Jobe » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:18 pm

Hows it coming? 8-[
Big belly Hoes

Schmitty

Postby Schmitty » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:44 pm

Battery in... Wired up, ready to go... Clutch adjusted... New fuel line.... Gas...

And then the battery decided it wanted to be dead. Slight hold up, charging right now, should be ready here in a few minutes!
Jake

Jobe
what flip?

Postby Jobe » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:07 pm

Schmitty wrote:Battery in... Wired up, ready to go... Clutch adjusted... New fuel line.... Gas...

And then the battery decided it wanted to be dead. Slight hold up, charging right now, should be ready here in a few minutes!

its been a few minutes.. Smile
Big belly Hoes

slammed and shiny

Postby slammed and shiny » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:34 pm

driving? \:D/
Franz wrote:.that late model shit is for late models.
Broken glass and a broken jaw.
Lies are told in a southern drawl.
Poor-house poverty's your schtick.
The real thing would kill you quick.

Schmitty

Postby Schmitty » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:47 pm

Almost. I had it wired up right. It fires up, but runs horrible. To get it to stay running, you have to pump the gas really quickly. But that's with my brother's carb. My accelerator pump diaphragm is leaky, but it ran a lot better with my carb on there at Mike's house. I took it inside a while ago to verify that it was the diaphragm. But, it only leaks a little bit.

I'm gonna replace it very soon, I have to order it from the local auto parts store. But, in the meantime, it'll work to pull it back in the driveway!
Jake

Schmitty

Postby Schmitty » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:15 pm

Tomorrow is old Bruce's 40th birthday, and to celebrate, I'm finally getting a title and key! Finally came into some money, after months of not having ANY money, I suddenly got enough to get what I need. I'm sure nearly all of you can relate.

Not much progress lately, I've been busy with school and stuff, but now that school's out, I have nothing to do. Except work on my bus.

There's something up with the transaxle somewhere. I can feel it going into gear at the shifter, but when I put it into gear, it doesn't do anything or move anywhere. The brakes aren't locked up, it rolls just fine. Anyone have any clue what's up?

I'm gonna get this thing dropped soon, too. The nosebleed status is unmotivating.
Jake

Franz

Postby Franz » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:52 pm

Cool, so you're running and almost driving? Sound like maybe theres something wrong with the clutch....Or maybe the ring and pinion in the transaxle....does it make any grinding noises?

Schmitty

Postby Schmitty » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:53 pm

Its only made grinding noises very slightly once. And afterwards, I couldn't get it to grind again.
Jake

Jobe
what flip?

Postby Jobe » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:36 pm

Schmitty wrote:Its only made grinding noises very slightly once. And afterwards, I couldn't get it to grind again.

I have a nice recently resealed shortaxle type 1 with good brakes.
Its yours if you want. I'll even bring it to you soon,

the only catch is that you have to do the work yourself commit to getting right on it. you will need to buy a bus nose cone and shift fork. you should have everything else there for the conversion.

that would take care of your rear and give you the wide 5 like you want.

get a drum to drum linkpin beam, some adjusters, bushing, and 2" raise dual pattern sideplates, and ill help you build a beam and flipped spindles while im down.
Big belly Hoes

Jobe
what flip?

Postby Jobe » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:39 pm

And go over to my dads and get my squareback cleaned up/pictures taken so i can send you some more bus money bro. Smile
Big belly Hoes

Franz

Postby Franz » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:08 am

Maybe you have a broken CV joint/axle?

Schmitty

Postby Schmitty » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:16 am

Yeah, maybe...

Jobe wrote:And go over to my dads and get my squareback cleaned up/pictures taken so i can send you some more bus money bro. Smile

As soon as I can get a ride over there... It's been on my mind nonstop since we talked about it!

Jobe wrote:
Schmitty wrote:Its only made grinding noises very slightly once. And afterwards, I couldn't get it to grind again.

I have a nice recently resealed shortaxle type 1 with good brakes.
Its yours if you want. I'll even bring it to you soon,

the only catch is that you have to do the work yourself commit to getting right on it. you will need to buy a bus nose cone and shift fork. you should have everything else there for the conversion.

that would take care of your rear and give you the wide 5 like you want.

get a drum to drum linkpin beam, some adjusters, bushing, and 2" raise dual pattern sideplates, and ill help you build a beam and flipped spindles while im down.

That sounds expensive Smile What's wrong with my nosecone?
Jake

Schmitty

Postby Schmitty » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:25 pm

Jake

Schmitty

Postby Schmitty » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:31 pm

So... Who's going to BNNTA? :D
Jake

Return to “Baywindow Central”