'71 Deluxe

alykat

carb

Postby alykat » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:29 pm

Dug up a 34pict-3 that looks like it might still be servicable. Will that work for you ?
911 operator: What is your emergency ? Me: Some asshole just pulled out in front of me & totaled my car! 911: Are you injured? Me: No. 911: Is the other driver injured ? Me: Not yet....but you should probably send an ambulance.

Schmitty

Postby Schmitty » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:50 pm

That'll work fine! I'll need to buy an adapter though.

So after discovering that the entire bottom of my fuse box was disconnected from the rest of the wiring, and a brief consultation with Mike, it was decided to pull everything out and redo it without the hippy hacks. Just like I wanted to do in the first place.

I picked up an exhaust yesterday- Stock Beetle peashooters. Hey, it'll work. There seem to be conflicting reports over if it'll clear the apron and bumper without modification, but it seems to me the people that say it won't work haven't tried to run them, it just seems like it won't work. I need to get some J-tubes still though.

I'll give some updates on the wiring tomorrow!
Jake

alykat

box

Postby alykat » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:41 am

pm me your address and I'll take it down to the post office today. If it won't fit maybe you can trade it for one that does.
911 operator: What is your emergency ? Me: Some asshole just pulled out in front of me & totaled my car! 911: Are you injured? Me: No. 911: Is the other driver injured ? Me: Not yet....but you should probably send an ambulance.

dreadnotmusic

Re: box

Postby dreadnotmusic » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:36 pm

alykat wrote:pm me your address and I'll take it down to the post office today. If it won't fit maybe you can trade it for one that does.

That's awesome!

Schmitty

Postby Schmitty » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:49 pm

I can't tell you how much I appreciate this, dude. Thanks a ton.
Jake

alykat

carb

Postby alykat » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:47 am

Postman should be dropping it at your door in a few days.

Schmitty

Postby Schmitty » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:36 am

Awesome. Thank you so much.

My cousin brought over a buffer for me, so I'll get that paint looking real good! Getting ready to do that right now.

And no, I'm not putting off the wiring. I thought that I needed female ends on the wires, but on closer (Not very much closer) inspection, it needs males. And I don't have any. \:D/ Oh well, I only had 3 or 4 on, so it's not a huge deal.
Jake

Jobe
what flip?

Postby Jobe » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:57 am

Jake, Whats the scoop? Get your motor in? If you end up not needing that 1600dp i sent then just give it to matt for his 65'

Ill be down soon with some more parts and to bring mikes slash bumpers for his riv. Im bringin Scrubbin bubble down. so get yours rolling
Big belly Hoes

Schmitty

Postby Schmitty » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:18 pm

Not in yet. I'm waiting for the wiring to get sorted out(Today and tomorrow) before I put the engine in. I don't wanna have everything hooked up and the engine in only to realize that I have to pull it again because some rat decided it was a good idea to chew through my wires. Again. Matt's engine is gonna be fine, most likely. I'm gonna keep the DP if his is fine, because if Mike's right, then this thing's gonna be done here pretty soon. But I think he'd be surprised!

Today I'm buying Male plugs and bulbs, so everything should be done soon. Hope to have it running by next week!

Hey, you need to let me know if I should send you some money for the title!

I'll call you in an hour or so after I get back from the YMCA.
Jake

Jobe
what flip?

Postby Jobe » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:26 pm

Schmitty wrote:Not in yet. I'm waiting for the wiring to get sorted out(Today and tomorrow) before I put the engine in. I don't wanna have everything hooked up and the engine in only to realize that I have to pull it again because some rat decided it was a good idea to chew through my wires. Again. Matt's engine is gonna be fine, most likely. I'm gonna keep the DP if his is fine, because if Mike's right, then this thing's gonna be done here pretty soon. But I think he'd be surprised!

Today I'm buying Male plugs and bulbs, so everything should be done soon. Hope to have it running by next week!

Hey, you need to let me know if I should send you some money for the title!

I'll call you in an hour or so after I get back from the YMCA.

Since im not working i have plenty of time to try to get you a title.

I just picked up a old school euro moped today that i need a title for so ill try to get them both done together. send me your vin# in a fb message. and ill get crackin
Big belly Hoes

Schmitty

Postby Schmitty » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:53 am

Update!

I got my carb the other day!

Thanks a ton Alykat!

I also got some toys from a friend...

He pulled this little beast off a Turbo Diesel Kubota Smile

I'm not sure I'm gonna go the Turbo route, but if I do, I'll have turbo whistle at Idle!

I'm trying to get my crank pulley off so I can put on my adapter plate for the mustache bar. I wanna have this thing at least driving by next week.

By the way, anyone wanna see about half the mouse crap I vacuumed up?

Keep in mind this is a 8 gallon Shop Vac...
Jake

Schmitty

Postby Schmitty » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:30 pm

Got my engine in! I'm about to go help a friend with his Honduh, I'll be back later to post more pics!
Jake

Schmitty

Postby Schmitty » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:47 pm

Got quite a bit done today! Got my engine in, bolted my Splash pan back in, straightened out my bumper a bit, also straightened up the bumper mount, put my bumper on, and came to the decision that I REALLY REALLY don't wanna screw with trying to rekey the ignition.

I gotta say, it looks a ton better with the bumper on and an engine in!

By the way, you can use Beetle Pea-Shooters on a bay. They come close to the bumper, but they do work without any necessary modification.
Jake

Jobe
what flip?

Postby Jobe » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:55 pm

Good job jake! btw. you already knew the pea shooters would work, you seen them on my old 69' westy

Big belly Hoes

Schmitty

Postby Schmitty » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:57 pm

I never even noticed those! Huh. At first Matt told me that I could run them, and then he said the day before I installed them "I did a little research last night. You can't run those with a bumper." But I already did my own research and saw pictures.

Didn't do much today. Mounted a tire and put the wheel on. The small 175/65/15s make me want this thing slammed sooner. It's gonna be soon. I wired up my generator, was heading back into the garage to return a wrench and tripped over something and fell onto a particularly painful rock that decided it wanted to be friends with my thumb. I came inside for a bit to recover and a drink, and I started typing. I'm headed back out now though!
Jake

Return to “Baywindow Central”