Check out this badass bay accessory that I found today

Franz

Check out this badass bay accessory that I found today

Postby Franz » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:27 pm

From a late double cab that was about to get smashed at our local scrap yard. Appears to be a German Boring company...some cool logos, but the truck was wasted.

I cut the dash out for this cool speedo/clock thingy. Anybody have any ever seen anything like this? The 3 needles on the face are weird. Made by Kienzle too. It has a lock to keep people out for some reason....Maybe a mileage counter???? Can anybody translate German?

I got a bunch of other cool shit off of it too. Including a westy hitch. Today was a good day.

OKMOOSE

Re: Check out this badass bay accessory that I found today

Postby OKMOOSE » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:01 pm

[quote="Franz"]From a late double cab that was about to get smashed at our local scrap yard. Appears to be a German Boring company...some cool logos, but the truck was wasted.

I cut the dash out for this cool speedo/clock thingy. Anybody have any ever seen anything like this? The 3 needles on the face are weird. Made by Kienzle too. It has a lock to keep people out for some reason....Maybe a mileage counter???? Can anybody translate German?

Something about the most accurate course

Something about leaving expensive valuable surfaces avoided.

Sorry, my german is limited.

OKMOOSE

Re: Check out this badass bay accessory that I found today

Postby OKMOOSE » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:07 pm

[quote="Franz"]From a late double cab that was about to get smashed at our local scrap yard. Appears to be a German Boring company...some cool logos, but the truck was wasted.

I think this is basically a warning saying it should only be touched by someone official or permitted. something like that....

VWsArent4Hippies

Postby VWsArent4Hippies » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:26 pm

Funky. Did you check the m codes? How's that westy hitch mount too? I need a hitch for my '70 westy.

jansjetta

Postby jansjetta » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:45 pm

I'm guessing this is an hour meter (two small hands) that accumulates driving time once the speedo (large hand) starts moving faster than 25kph.

LOWPWRPLANT

Postby LOWPWRPLANT » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:00 pm

Thats cool...
Life is Good!
{Attitude is everything}!!!

Notchyours

Postby Notchyours » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:07 am

The westy hitch is the shit.
Franz wrote:
I like seeing our customers cars get beat-up. Rock chips and scratches are cool.

gerard82

Postby gerard82 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:26 am

it's a tachograph..

you need to incert a little paper disk.

on the disk the tachograph "writes" your speed,miles/kilometers and your time behind the wheel

it's in all trucks in europe (now digitized)
so whem you get pulled over bij the cops or customs they can see you are not to long behind the wheel.
you have to take 45 minutes of rest for every 4 hours you drive.. it's required.
as finishing touch GOD created the dutch

hubcap

Postby hubcap » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:13 am

^^^WHS

A tachograph, i used to live by one of these, ski bus driving in Europe.

In Spain Many coach drivers/companies used to run a hidden one as well, so that they could fiddle the hours and always have a spare rest day disc!!!

there is a lot to the hours laws!

Now i drive an Ambulance and don't have to worry anymore(scary thought, as we are expected to drive like GTA all day all night, to meet government targets!!)
"Plans change daily"

Radar

Postby Radar » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:30 am

In Canada & USA, drivers use a log book, and alot of guys run 2 different books, for the same reason.

Frankass

Postby Frankass » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:26 am

Mit dem Grundomat auf zielsicherem Kurs:
On an unerring course with the Grundomat (Ground o mat)

Helfen Sie mit, daß teure Aufbrüche wertvoller Oberflächen vermieden werden:
Help us to avoid expensive damages on valuable surfaces

Die zielgenaue deutsche Erdrakete, mit der man problemlos Versorgungsleitungen verlegt:
The unerring german Earthrocket (Groundrocket) to install underground supply lines easily

I tried to translate it but my english is limited. The Grundomat is an pneumatic tool to dig underground tunnels for cables or other lines.

I had to laugh about the German meaning. Thats a really funny phrase: (die zielgenaue deutsche Erdrakete) Hahaha

Wir verlegen Leitungen unterirdisch mit dem Grundomat der zielgenauen deutschen Erdrakete:
We install underground lines with the Grundomat
The unerring german earthrocket (groundrocket)

Es dürfen nur Schaubilder mit folgendem amtlichen Kennzeichen verwendet werden:
It´s only allowed to use paperdisks with the following official sign

Hope it makes sence. Nice find!
Last edited by Frankass on Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

hubcap

Naughty!

Postby hubcap » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:28 am

Naughty naughty!!, time adjustment happens all over!

I think the new european ones you insert a card like a credit card, no mechanical moving parts etc.

I am due an update at some point, not been driving HGV/PCV since my kids were small as I didn't want to be away all the time.

Low mileage truck though, shame its wrecked now
"Plans change daily"

alykat

3 for 1

Postby alykat » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:21 am

That truck was on a trailer with another type 2 and a type 1 headed towards Delta. I was not able to get turned around and after them til they were way out of sight, and since I figured they were headed for scrap I stopped at both salvage yards in Delta, but no joy as I guess they were headed to Van Gundys. Since I'd just left Junction I didn't think it was worth chasing back that way in hopes of catching up, but felt like it was a good opportunity missed. Glad they didn't get away after all.
911 operator: What is your emergency ? Me: Some asshole just pulled out in front of me & totaled my car! 911: Are you injured? Me: No. 911: Is the other driver injured ? Me: Not yet....but you should probably send an ambulance.

alykat

ps

Postby alykat » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:25 am

PS...Hey Franz...are you going to sell it for $300 bucks or less ? Smile
911 operator: What is your emergency ? Me: Some asshole just pulled out in front of me & totaled my car! 911: Are you injured? Me: No. 911: Is the other driver injured ? Me: Not yet....but you should probably send an ambulance.

Franz

Postby Franz » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:29 pm

So, I was the thrid guy in line...Thats funny. People on the look-out these days.

Thanks for the replies. These things must be pretty common in europe? Cool looking gauge though.

I posted it on samba too...I got a link to some good info.

http://www.ratwell.com/technical/Tachograph.html#tachograph

Return to “Baywindow Central”