Bays of the past

grumpy

Bays of the past

Postby grumpy » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:06 am

OK, not sure if this fits the rules, delete if not. Here is my first VW a 69 (i think) Bay Window Walker Camper. I got it cheap in '96 but lost my spot to work on it. I traded it for a 72 Super as a daily driver. I stripped the rattle can from it down to the OG paint using #### steel wool and brake fluid. I found a hand painted map of the US on the d/s. Looks like it went from AR to Cali and up to WA and back. Story goes that a service man got it in Europe and brought it home. Sold it, that person stripped ti for a work van. Then went to a guy and he gave it to his g/f, then I got it. Its passed a few more hands and its now in North Arkansas someplace, but that was about a year ago so not 100% From the guy that got it from me he said the M code was long. It had a gas heater, ambulance fans and a Bekowa single cab style rack. And it was a non walk through. I know of the rack and fans, they were used as payment for work on it back in the day.

here it is...

Jason

Franz

Postby Franz » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:34 pm

Damn, that dormobile is sweet. Thats probably the ultimate bay camper. What happened to it?

grumpy

Postby grumpy » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:36 pm

I bet I can find it, prob still in North AR or South MO.
Jason

Return to “Baywindow Central”