I finally got the back sorted out and finished...on to the front.
Here is the front end pics we have so far.
Here is the bay minus the beam!
Here is a couple comparison pictures, old "giant" beam and new "minamalist" 4" narrowed LP beam!
New Link-pin beam installed, man this thing fit great and bolted right up. A real testament to the side plates from Detroit Johnny and my friend Adams measuring and welding abilities.
And, since this is the one thing I did on my own! We have removed the brake booster and tired master cylinder and replaced it with a new early bay master cylinder. Next I will remove all the vacuum lines and extra crap that goes with the brake booster set-up. Again, much more simple. And, I figured I shaved off at least 1 mph on my top speed removing all this crap!
Better protect your cornhole man...