Topless 55

jb

Re: Topless 55

Postby jb » Sun May 22, 2016 9:15 am

Late one lastnight....was having way too much fun :-"

The nasty!

Baja action....would have liked to cut lower but the area around tail light had super deep rust pits (the stock egg light location AND where they mounted the awesome extra safety snowflakes way up top! :-& )

Almost got the ass end all metalworked now....real happy how it's coming out! \:D/

I'm picking up a replacement pan head next Friday when I go to Vancouver for a swap meet....get that handled and we can mount the body back to the pan for aligning front clip replacement......yeah bitches!! =D>

OGPaint

Postby OGPaint » Sun May 22, 2016 10:14 am

Oh yeah! Looking better every day.

I know they're probably OG, but are you gonna get rid of those overriders holes? Semaphores and overriders just don't go together in my mind...even though they came that way in North America

jb

Postby jb » Sun May 22, 2016 11:00 am

OGPaint wrote:Oh yeah! Looking better every day.

I know they're probably OG, but are you gonna get rid of those overriders holes? Semaphores and overriders just don't go together in my mind...even though they came that way in North America

We haven't really discussed bumpers .... Have the birth cert with the car, yes was ordered with "ram protection" it is an odd combo for sure! Those rear bars run smack dab in the middle of the egg lens! #-o

russ scott

Postby russ scott » Sun May 22, 2016 12:49 pm

killing it man, nothing better then egg taillight cars.

i know the green 55 had ram protection as well but we went with the euro bumpers
same reason you mentioned, the over rider is right in the taillight way

super stoked to see the progress on this on

omr_007

Postby omr_007 » Sun May 22, 2016 4:38 pm

Nice work as always man =D> My black 55 had the same egg lights and ram protection, I had to keep it that way as it was so stupid it was funny!

jb

Postby jb » Tue May 24, 2016 9:41 am

omr_007 wrote:Nice work as always man =D> My black 55 had the same egg lights and ram protection, I had to keep it that way as it was so stupid it was funny!

Hmmmmm I think I with u.....eggs and over riders, so wacked out I think it's kinda cool ?

I made it up to the shop lastnight.....descided to tidy up some loose ends before jumping into something else. Bumper mounts needed some love.....guess I forgot before pics but close your eyes and imagine bent rusty fucked up shit with bolts snapped off and holes drilled through beside them for carriage bolts and square nuts galore...straight up tractor repairs ](*,)

Let's see what horror is hiding in this butthole?

Image ]

Karman added extra bracing everywhere! Gave mr mouse a nice cosy little home up in the sound deadening pillow. Fuckers!! Cut the panel big to access the inside for blasting and remove a good dent right on the hard edge of fender bead area. Cool seeing how they took sedan panels and adapted the vert cowl then leaded the seams.

jb

Postby jb » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:39 am

Finally some progress on the ol vert ](*,) we've been working on Jrods bus a bunch to try and get it to a state we can yank it off the frame table.

After receiving 56 up pans from Columbia we got the correct pre 55 ones delivered yesterday \:D/

No delay on cutting the old shit out lastnight after mapping out all the seat rails and floor mat snaps

Little trim off the edges..... Dropped right in

We set up the sandblast tent to dust a bunch of different projects off....this will get the inside of the tunnel done so it can get some new control cables....fucking rodents! I'd like to have the pans in and frame head done before volksfest festivities?

Franz

Postby Franz » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:17 am

Let's see Jrod's bus.

jb

Postby jb » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:30 am

Oh ya.....I'm sure he just organizing pics to upload :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o to start a build thread :-# :-# :-& :-&

Oh wait I'm the guy who posts all the pics #-o

The 63 ain't a whole lot to look at quite yet....Jrod bought this wreck not long before we took the trip to get my kombi....way back before the start of tripleJs Wink it is what got him back into the Aircooled scene and away from those damn waterpumpers 8-[
It started as a 63 panel that was super dry and not rusty but wrecked HARD! She got rolled and someone cut the roof and pass side right off in attempt to repair I guess but then left for dead. It came with a 15 window roof clip but the window sections were fucked and 2 really nice full sides off an early mango bus.
This was the perfect candidate to cut up and not feel dirty about building a custom out of.
With the early sides Jrod decided to convert it to a kombi and back date the bus and make it look earlier....dollar tails and pressed bumpers etc \:D/
Last few weeks we have been pushing, pulling and trying to smash this racked out thing back into somewhat of a respectable shape with it all tied down level on the frame table....its tweaked every which way! ](*,)
Now I understand Pats quote "buy rusty not wrecked"!! #-o heavy collision damage is a mind fuck! We decided to cut the pass side and corner off the other day instead of fucking with the panel short side adding a window, shaving vents and wheel arch lip...second mango side coming up! It's loaded in the blast booth for some clean up befor we can finish mocking up. These are just a few random pics that I had on my phone....ill get some better ones soon, or maybe Jrod will :-" haha

Just getting doors to fit has been a chore in itself....hard accident damage is like dominos...chain reaction of tweaks #-o

These little dents in the corner were stopping the entire long side from moving far enough forward to close the B pillar gap up....worked it straight and slid right up!

Bus is getting an upright converted T4 and late bus Trans/custom IRS and narrowed torsion, beam raise, walk through, baywinder engine hatch etc....

JRW

Postby JRW » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:56 pm

Started a blast session today tonight shovel booth out Tomarrow I hope to get the rest of the 63 stuff done and vert pan. Build thread one day I should take pics

rustabus
Livin' the retired life

Postby rustabus » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:09 am

Nice work over there Fellas!!!! You know what I would have done with one and a half cut up Buses!! :-# :-# :-# Smile

jb

Postby jb » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:53 am

rustabus wrote:Nice work over there Fellas!!!! You know what I would have done with one and a half cut up Buses!! :-# :-# :-# Smile

Thx bro \:D/ ya we know......you would have brought the world its first ribbed door vert kombi :-k

omr_007

Postby omr_007 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:47 pm

I thought my pan was fucked up :-& My pan halves are pretty damn solid! But you are going to make this thing your bitch! =D>

jb

Postby jb » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:40 pm

Blasting in 30plus deg C is no fun.....Jrod is a machine, powering through it....won't even let me suit up :-# wants all the glory haha \:D/ thanks buddy!

Tunnel conduits were in rough shape due to all the rodent piss, some were saveable but made the call to replace the works....this is gonna be one solid pan again! =D>

Critter1

Postby Critter1 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:02 pm

Nice surgery! She'll have a solid base once again!!
Justin

Franz wrote:Fine, I'll fucking change it.

Return to “Canadian corner”