57 deluxe bug

dcuplover

Re: 57 deluxe bug

Postby dcuplover » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:18 pm

if this if fucking aging like wine then my projects must be diamonds in the making John!

john jones

Postby john jones » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:49 am

yeah.. I agree Alp.. You are on the slow slow race.. No hurry in your step.. [-( [-( [-( [-( [-( [-( [-( [-(
Fortress has been secured.. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
No new dirty shop projects. [-X [-X [-X don't even ask... [-( [-( [-( [-(

john jones

Postby john jones » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:44 pm

that ALT mod.. I dunno.. I dunno.. sounded like a lot of work to move wires 90.. #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

J ROD... get this shit done! I wanna ride when I am up there in JUNE!!!!! 2016 that is!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

jb

Postby jb » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:35 pm

The agave oval has been getting some love....jrod too busy kickin ass to post pics! :-$ :-#
This car has a pretty crazy past.....guy who use to own it works with us at the shipyard. Story goes Back in late 80's he was cruising along at night when a hooker jumps out of nowhere in front of the car, he smokes her! Crushes hood, 1/4, cowl and post on this car #-o Story is the real deal, couldn't make this shit up!! [-(
Back in 90's when Jarod started to build this car all that was fixed and body painted. Then it sat for a couple decades while he built some crazy water cooled syncro cars. FF to now Jrod isn't happy with a bunch of things he let slide back then so we cutting it apart again haha.
It's about time we progressed Jrods projects here, the man has bent over backwards in the past 2 years helping me and Johnny out...we owe ya a ton of hours buddy!
Aftermarket apron and fucked up rear bumper brackets had to go. OG H apron sourced and Wolf rear panels ordered from Sweden. Mocked it all up and levelled bumper brackets, bunch of measuring and burnt in. Apron is pretty neat down but going to be remove able so it's getting cut up. Oh ya and side trays were narrowed by .75" to make room for a wide ass stroker. \:D/ \:D/

jb

Postby jb » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:05 pm

Just read that post and I forgot a big part of that story........so PO was being held by cops for smoking the lovely lady of the night when she fesses up in the hospital to trying to off herself by jumping out in front of the poor little bug ](*,) ](*,) fucked up eh? :-s Don't ya think if she was gonna do it then make it a dump truck or somethin? Not a 1700 lb vw??

Had these pics from recent texts too...."Webber windows" are happening and playing with the power hammer making a new bottom section for the apron

alykat

Postby alykat » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:52 pm

I'm a HUGE fan of access ports on the side. When your hands are as beat up as mine are, just reaching around the side to change plugs is an ordeal.
Attachments
3A0A54B8-DE4F-4A41-ABD5-10EB73304A1F_zpshzbhka9k.jpg
3A0A54B8-DE4F-4A41-ABD5-10EB73304A1F_zpshzbhka9k.jpg (92.6 KiB) Viewed 852 times
911 operator: What is your emergency ? Me: Some asshole just pulled out in front of me & totaled my car! 911: Are you injured? Me: No. 911: Is the other driver injured ? Me: Not yet....but you should probably send an ambulance.

john jones

Postby john jones » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:53 pm

Hurry up boys... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> 4 months or so... I'll be there to check progress!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D>

jb

Postby jb » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:24 pm

We be tryin JJ \:D/ I heard a rumour the owner of this car was going to update or at least post in his own thread but that was like 2 weeks ago so I guess not.....nopostjrod :-#

We got the Webber windows all wrapped up....you could fit your hands through to change plugs wearing boxing gloves the panels are so fucking big! It's a rad mod that will make life so damn easy!! 3/16" flange was formed to shape, drilled and tapped for M5 screws and sheet metal hammered over folded into the ID of the flange to finish it off nice....will get edge TIG welded. The covers will house some kind of breathable filter element to double as extra airflow to feed the carbs.

You can see the new Flanges he fabbed to attach the removable apron with 2 M6 bolts =D>

Narrowed shelves with seal channels spot welded back in.

Can't wait to see all the details in this car all together! Bumper brackets got the TIG and smooth treatment.

I worked on rust repair on this sad H apron skin....inner structure held a bunch of road crap and rusted out around seal channel and latch area....almost better :-"

Man this PR job of team tripleJ is almost full time :-({|=

Twigman

Postby Twigman » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:30 am

Those are some big access windows. I like the filter material idea.

john jones

Postby john jones » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:18 am

Thanks for updating us Josh.. Some people post.. some people don't.. [-( [-( [-( [-( I bet he checks the threads more than he post up though.. :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ I figure if you got time to check it, you got time to post on it.. :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-#

I would have just got a Wolf Parts apron... Wink Wink Wink Wink

jb

Postby jb » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:56 am

Yup...I know....guys are shy, not sure why #-o
I like posting (in case nun of you fuckers noticed haha!) it motivates me.

A wolf apron would be like 6-700 landed, just to chop it up and make it removable.....seemed like a crazy thing to do #-o

Franz

Postby Franz » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:21 am

Looking good. Love the nut plates. Don't you think a filter in those holes is going to collect rocks, dirt, and water?

JRW

Postby JRW » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:31 pm

Ok ok here's my post
I was thinks by about the filters. Because I got a pile of k&n ones from watercooled cars I could cut up. Downside would be the rocks and other stuff the tiers toss around .i was thinking about a wolf apron but money was used on other things . The used one can be cut up with no guilt of cost .
Hopefully by next week I can get all the motor stuff mocked up in the car so I can get it painted. Lots of small stuff to do. and try to post more

silas

Postby silas » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:05 pm

JRW wrote:...Downside would be the rocks and other stuff the tiers toss around...

...and would heating/cooling/operating temps & conditions be compromised with filters instead of solid doors..? i'm not sure..?

regardless...jerod, this is a badass oval! nice work, have fun with the build and cant wait to see you cruising it!!
Zündfolge Car Club

Stock Motor Challenge

Pat K

Postby Pat K » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:05 am

Looking good... =D> =D> ...like the way the removable apron was done...nice work JJJ's... =D> =D>

Return to “Canadian corner”