Triple J's sideline gigs

jb

Triple J's sideline gigs

Postby jb » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:20 pm

Thought we'd start a little thread on some side work we have rolling through the shop.....John I know you have a wee bit of a issue with moonlighters so if this thread isn't cool let me know and I'll yank it! But hey it's not like a couple hacks sum 1300 miles away in another country can really cut your grass haha :-#

Getting lots of guys asking us to do work, not that we have the time but tends to be more of that than money so a little income to feed our out of control addictions is kinda nice!

Done a couple beams and a set of pan halfs so far and just finished up some work on a 67 21 window deluxe for a local guy......real nice bus, freshly done in need of a few last touches.
He's got a late 356 motor in it that had a cheesy header and single quiet pack on it. He bought a vintage speed muffler and brought it to us to make it fit. The Porsche exhaust ports are rectangular so had to make some adapters to transition to the round.

Now I'm not gonna take too much credit for this one.....it was 95% Jrod, I had a little hand in slicing and dicing some mandrel bends up during fit up.... Drivers side was real fun :^o pass side wasn't bad

Came out great!

Sounds like we have some rust repair on the horizon for a 59 beetle....possibly graft in a ragtop? Kinda fun to keep it fresh with a couple side line projects \:D/

dirie1
'Merica

Re: Triple J's sideline gigs

Postby dirie1 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:31 pm

Hell yah buddy....looks awesome

Cuba

Postby Cuba » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:22 pm

Hell yeah Guys! =D>

Keep up the awesome work! =D>

john jones

Postby john jones » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:23 am

Triple J! Jerod, Josh, Johnny... Glad you started a thread so we could watch along... Glad you called it a sideline gig.. Cause thats what it is for these guys.... They rent a sick ass shop from an old street rod builder.. I think it is Jerods Dad's place... and it has EVERYTHING!!!!! Nice set up! But they currently pay their bills at other jobs.. Two of em work at the ship yards.. and one build's custom houses.. I was pretty blown away by their setup when I was there, and the extent these guys go to make their work stand out from the usual... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> I can tell these guys are all real tight, and real honest, and real nice dudes.... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I hope they take me up on my offer to come up there and help out on the Johnny's BD =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Put me on the payroll for a week... well be the Quad J! Do work boys!!!!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

BBWB

Postby BBWB » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:47 am

Let me know when you go John, I could use my first name 'Jay', and be 5 J's. I could fill the Rusty roll for you by getting in the way, pointing out ways I think would work better, etc... \:D/ Plus I haven't been to Canada in awhile. Goose Bay way over on the East coast if I remember it right.

66VOLKY

Postby 66VOLKY » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:19 am

Awesome work! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

jb

Postby jb » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:12 am

Let's see how many J's we can pack in the shop =D> =D>

Thanks for the good words John O:) coming from such a dedicated man, means a lot buddy!

It's true we are in such a badass shop setup! =D> Johnny and I feel extremely fortunate every time we roll into this home away from home! Blaine (Jrods dad) has worked his entire career building this place, adapting/evolving over the decades.....to open the doors and to a couple of Jarod's buddies who are just as sick in the head about VWs as his son is a dream come true for us \:D/ the sky is the limit with this shop, it's so killer!!!! Thanks Mr. And Mrs Worth! Hey we got Jrod finally posting here maybe we can get Blaine an account :-k

Lastnight was clean up night.....no excitement to be had. Did scrub a greasy 36 with super clean for a couple hours....good times :^o

jeremy

Postby jeremy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:41 pm

I'll come over.

john jones

Postby john jones » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:29 am

Hey Team tripple J.... Tell us about that syrup dip that strips parts!!!!!!!!!! :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k

Twigman

Postby Twigman » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:23 am

Maple syrup and Phillips beer? Cleaned my stomach out....

jb

Postby jb » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:12 am

Haha yup so much of that sappy shit we soak rusty shit in it haha. Nah you're talking about the cutting edge of rust removal technology.......the molasses bathtub :-# :-s :-#

Jrod just finished a bigger tank and there is talk of puting a heater in it now that the weather has cooled.....seems it works way faster when warm. Shit works titties! It's like a natural acid bath....strips all rust but leaves OG paint \:D/ I'll have to snap a pic of the tar bath.

JRW

Postby JRW » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:00 pm

Stinky goo. 10-1 mix. Water and Liquid molasses. Cheap and easy The parts still need a quick blast because of flash rust from washing the go off with water and super clean . I got 4 barndoor cargo doors soaking till the weekend then I will see how much metal is left super rusty and shitty

Franz

Postby Franz » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:22 am

Molasses? Really?

JDill

Postby JDill » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:14 am

jb wrote:Thought we'd start a little thread on some side work we have rolling through the shop.....John I know you have a wee bit of a issue with moonlighters so if this thread isn't cool let me know and I'll yank it! But hey it's not like a couple hacks sum 1300 miles away in another country can really cut your grass haha :-#

Getting lots of guys asking us to do work, not that we have the time but tends to be more of that than money so a little income to feed our out of control addictions is kinda nice!

Done a couple beams and a set of pan halfs so far and just finished up some work on a 67 21 window deluxe for a local guy......real nice bus, freshly done in need of a few last touches.
He's got a late 356 motor in it that had a cheesy header and single quiet pack on it. He bought a vintage speed muffler and brought it to us to make it fit. The Porsche exhaust ports are rectangular so had to make some adapters to transition to the round.

Now I'm not gonna take too much credit for this one.....it was 95% Jrod, I had a little hand in slicing and dicing some mandrel bends up during fit up.... Drivers side was real fun :^o pass side wasn't bad

Came out great!

Sounds like we have some rust repair on the horizon for a 59 beetle....possibly graft in a ragtop? Kinda fun to keep it fresh with a couple side line projects \:D/

Hey Josh, wasn't this bus at the show up there? I think I met the owner real nice guy. I think he was from the island too. Very nice bus!!

jb

Postby jb » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:31 am

Yeah he was at the show, it is a real nice bus. He's from Saltspring Island (halfway between Vancouver island and the mainland/Vancouver)

Return to “Canadian corner”