"Scarface" 54 BD panel build

russ scott

Re: "Scarface" 54 BD panel build

Postby russ scott » Tue May 02, 2017 2:28 pm

was it originally a BC bus?

johnnymain

Postby johnnymain » Tue May 02, 2017 4:50 pm

Ya as far as I know, got it off that weird brad guy who's dad used to own bow wow over there, he kept the sterling kit car though...........

It's a Canadian bus, has the vin tags and the aristocast emblem holes

Haha

russ scott

Postby russ scott » Tue May 02, 2017 10:41 pm

very cool, so few of them around
i can't wait to see it in person

silas

Postby silas » Mon May 15, 2017 11:22 pm

jb wrote:...jrods wife made him this awesome shirt to wear with all things Canadian haha gotta represent!

badass! way to go andrea!!

johnnymain wrote:Ya I sold a bus probably 8-10 years ago to buy that bd, but my life has been overly busy to say the least with some unexpected family loss on top of that, I can't say enough about triple js and kcw, even though I don't post much I check this site every morning to get my fix, can't wait to road trip this baby when life gives me the chance, it's such a bucket list thing for me, thanks

incredible journey johnny...life and all that happens and this bus and the build! i'm super stoked for you! way to go and congrats!!
Zündfolge Car Club

Stock Motor Challenge

jb

Postby jb » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:54 am

Bus hasn't got much action since Kelly park trip [-X couple outings that's it. We got the trans back and turns out the circlip on reverse gear popped off ](*,) ](*,) gonna throw that one back in and give it another shot.

Also need to flip tie rods I think? The bus isn't that low (I want to get a bit more out of it) but the rods are at one hell of an angle! This bus was pretty hard on tires on the trip #-o
Can't really flip at spindle end so I think we going to try and do it at the pitman arm with some flip bushings? Any opinions?

john jones

Postby john jones » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:08 pm

lower it more and flip the outers.. use late ends and ream em.

Franz

Postby Franz » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:16 pm

Yeah, those spindles should already be reamed. The tie rod will go in from either side.

Jb, get yourself a repairmans tapered reamer to flip tie rod ends. Those bushing deals are silly.

jb

Postby jb » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:57 pm

Franz wrote:Yeah, those spindles should already be reamed. The tie rod will go in from either side.

Jb, get yourself a repairmans tapered reamer to flip tie rod ends. Those bushing deals are silly.

I think I looked at them when assembling and didn't look reamed? We have one of the early up to 1/2" reamers but for the life of us couldn't source the late larger one? Snap on discontinued it so we told? We're gonna tig weld the bushings on for piece of mind? :-k

Franz

Postby Franz » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:02 am

Return to “Canadian corner”