My 56 kombi.....fuckin'EH!!!!

Franz

Re: My 56 kombi.....fuckin'EH!!!!

Postby Franz » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:41 pm

JB Image

You are crazy. Those safaris are done. Buy the EIS original style ones.

jb

Postby jb » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:34 pm

Hahaha we will see about that! I don't have 7-7-800$ for mint new safaris. The object of this bus is to see how bad ass I can make it for as little money as possible :-" the bus itself and 90% of the missing parts I've aquired for it have been trades so far \:D/ just means more labour....something I'm not scared to invest. Wink
That pic of the super crusty Safari was a bit of a joke.....that bottom is trash....I got 3 full frames, one almost useable the way it is, the others have rotten bottoms. Plan is to use the top of the 3rd frame to graft in for the straights and then somehow fab new corners :-k gonna be a challenge but I'm down =D>

I bought 2 long spoon latches yesterday because I realized I had money in my paypal #-o.....man I really wanna buy a floor and nose repair stuff and make this a roller soon ](*,)

Pat K

Postby Pat K » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:42 pm

^^^ Its only money right.... Wink Wink

jb

Postby jb » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:42 pm

Pat K wrote:^^^ Its only money right.... Wink Wink

Ha!! ya sure is :-({|=

Left_coast*9

Postby Left_coast*9 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:53 pm

jb wrote:
Pat K wrote:^^^ Its only money right.... Wink Wink

Ha!! ya sure is :-({|=

Heard that before! Keep at it Jb!

jb

Postby jb » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:31 pm

My pass side door has finally landed! This was the original door to the bus that JP had stashed away after they pulled a bullet 15 window out of the same property up in the interior of bc. My buss was picked of its parts and left to rust :-({|= pretty cool to reunite the thing.....perfect patina match Wink love the art....horny rad door :-&

It's a super straight door, hinges got cut off but they aren't all bent up. Gonna need some love in the inner at bottom....damn hippies stuffed house insulation in every void of the bus [-X

Picked up a pie of long spoons recently and finally found some M3.5 screws for the popout frames so had to test fit!

I need some input from bus owners.....this kombi only came with the standard 2 popouts, should a guy go all out and do 6? (Creig says fuck ya...) I don't think I've rode in a bus with full big spoon action....with safaris sounds kinda like a cyclone to me??? But what does this bus virgin know?

GTV
ninja

Postby GTV » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:53 pm

That looks really fuckin sweet!

I think the best part about 6 pop outs is it's easy for the driver/passenger to reach back and open the front two while driving. Not so easy to reach the back two! The front two also open forward so they scoop a LOT of air into the bus. Either way it's cool, your call.

I've never converted a 2 pop out bus to a 6 pop out (all the busses we've had have already had 6), do they already have nut plates in place? Screw them in and go?
Living!

jb

Postby jb » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:55 pm

No nut plates...but no you gotta weld hinges on anywho :-" I guess if I do the 6 with forward 2 scoopin air it will prevent me from cheezing out and running a 1600.....need a 2L just to overcome the drag off those mofos! :-# I happen to have a line on 4 more long spoons Wink

johnnymain

Postby johnnymain » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:37 pm

Common homeboy I ran 6 longs in the forest service bus, so badass with all that air coming in, susposed to have shorts on the doors though so they can open up??

This bus makes me jealous the more complete it gets, this was a great find for us, the start of tripple js haha

Franz

Postby Franz » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:39 am

Late model busses have all of those stupid pop-outs.

Embrace the 2 pop-outs only. I would not add extra pop-outs. Creig doesn't know what hes talking about. Smile Thats early shit son!

Franz

Postby Franz » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:44 am

Has JP had his hands on every bus in Canada? WTF?! Like an opposite Johnny Appleseed. Roaming the land and taking parts from all the VW's.

jb

Postby jb » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:14 am

Franz wrote:Has JP had his hands on every bus in Canada? WTF?! Like an opposite Johnny Appleseed. Roaming the land and taking parts from all the VW's.

Sure seems that way!

I'm feelin ya on the popouts too.....not like it gets too hot here, I had the heated seats on in the ragtop lastnight on way home from "church"
Wink

johnnymain

Postby johnnymain » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:33 pm

Wasn't a m code a 6 pop out window kombi??

Mine was all of like that??

john jones

Postby john jones » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:14 pm

Glad to see progress on this....

For some reason I see this bus all slammed out, patina monster.. Some sort of sick wheels, stock bumpers etc... Probably a tractor style motor if the funds are there... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

But... All jacked up and some big tires would be usefull as all hell and I assure you, more fun overall.... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> But maybe not as "cool"

who is creig? :-# :-# :-#
if you keep going in circles.. Your never gonna get anywhere :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k

silas

Postby silas » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:35 pm

nice score on the door, great to have it reunited with the bus!

jb wrote:I need some input from bus owners.....this kombi only came with the standard 2 popouts, should a guy go all out and do 6? (Creig says fuck ya...) I don't think I've rode in a bus with full big spoon action....with safaris sounds kinda like a cyclone to me??? But what does this bus virgin know?

i'd stick with what it came with.

johnnymain wrote:Wasn't a m code a 6 pop out window kombi??

Mine was all of like that??

114, 6 pop out side windows for export models

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/mcodest2.php

john jones wrote:Glad to see progress on this....

For some reason I see this bus all slammed out, patina monster.. Some sort of sick wheels, stock bumpers etc... Probably a tractor style motor if the funds are there... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

But...All jacked up and some big tires would be usefull as all hell and I assure you, more fun overall.... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> But maybe not as "cool"

who is creig? :-# :-# :-#

bingo! Smile
Zündfolge Car Club

Stock Motor Challenge

Return to “Canadian corner”