My 56 kombi.....fuckin'EH!!!!

frvngn

Re: My 56 kombi.....fuckin'EH!!!!

Postby frvngn » Tue May 26, 2015 6:56 pm

jb wrote:Every thread I open has you all worried about offending us brotha? What's up man did you lip off a Canadian today? :-s :-"

I was wondering the same thing..... :-k
_FahRVergNüGeN___________________________
Ron

Pat K

Postby Pat K » Wed May 27, 2015 2:32 pm

jb wrote:Every thread I open has you all worried about offending us brotha? What's up man did you lip off a Canadian today? :-s :-"

No...I get plenty of hugs other ways... Wink Wink Wink

jb

Postby jb » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:41 am

The pile of parts just keeps growing.....half of a hump back front seat (I know bus came with flat buck board but this will get me rolling) a mint harness I'm gonna make work (67 spade terminal) $50 instead of $400+ for right one. Grab handle for bulk head (there was one on the bus when we got it and a bd deluxe coat hook but those went to Johnny's BD) and lastly a set of gerson I beams.
I wanna keep scoring deals like this and when the time is right the build will fly!

john jones

Postby john jones » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:18 pm

Hey.... i haven't heard fuck from you canadians... doin any work up there? :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-#

hows this bus goin? \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

johnnymain

Postby johnnymain » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:21 pm

Hahahaha,

Sitting here smashing a few beers tonight, reading on the trans drop, just text jb and say damn u see what jones is pulling off??? then one click back and hes calling on us!!!

Common jones, what kinda question is that!! of course we are hammering on stuff, it just we have 42 different projects on the go, hahah

We just did a beam, brake and wheel altering swap to get some ansens on my black car and she looks unreal, a bit of test running and some minor tweaking and she is done!

The ghia is back on track, just got our heads back from the shop, they are gonna be bad ass rolling all nos guts!!!! this thing will be a 20 second car if we keep at it, seats are done if we could get all our ducks in a row a few late nights and she would be a driver, cant wait its been a learning curve, like u said to us low lights are a underated beast, so much damn detail to get right!

When i got to the shop last week Jarred was smashing on a crazy nice 21 with a 356 motor, guy is a total wizard, he was making flanges and dies and adapting a vintage speed exhaust to the 356 motor, it looked so tedious but he was nailing it, maybe josh has some pics?

My bd is going good, josh hit the misery disc and cleaned up the rear short side and jarred rebuilt all the nut plates and stuff cause we wanna get the doors hanging before continuing on much further, we finally got our badass miller spot welder and the boys hammered the i beams together , they look oh so og!!!!, frame rails are in and i cleaned up the cow horn and its ready to start tacking shit back together, its been a long time coming apart but i think we are over the hump! my 2332 is done and i heard it on the test stand, it sounds like it wants to drive to kelly park haha

Anyways i am gonna hit the shop later this week i hope maybe josh has some updates from the last couple nights?

I wanna see this bus as a patina driver, on some big nobbies, who ever thought i woulda wanted to see a bus at stock height but i think its gonna happen, once we clean the slate im sure between us three we will make short work of joshs bus, cant wait to meet jones somewhere down south and have a beer up in the mountains, haha who only knew years ago we were bagging busses, now we are taking shit out and lifting them haha

later guys

jb

Postby jb » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:44 pm

Shit jones you got Johnny to post! =D> \:D/ =D> =D> \:D/ =D> Now if we can only get Jrod up in this bitch! :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-" :-" :-" [-X

Yup been hitting it at least a couple nights a week still, been catching up on real work too....gotta make that money!!

Like Jonny said got our marathon 36 hp heads back from the old boy there....he must have one killer stash of NOS shit! All new valves, guides keepers etc. paid out the ass but hey it will be a solid little motor now with fresh top end.

Still waiting on jets for my IDAs.....dying to drive my car!

The kombi sits.....I catch myself staring at it a lot more the last couple weeks #-o she's calling me! But no gotta get the ghai gone and Johnny's barny all metal worked before and pay back Jarod some hours on his projects, build his 1914 and some other stuff. Soon kombi soon!

Yup gonna load the boys up in the busses and wail out to Colorado sooner than later....those fall mountain shots are insane!!!

I'll update the ghia thread real soon here

john jones

Postby john jones » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:19 pm

I figured you guys were working.. and figured you were all looking at sometime... Just gotta coax em into posting sometimes... :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-#

That Jered is insanely talented.. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

JRW

Postby JRW » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:21 pm

Jarrod here first post. Been busy with 50 things. I am getting my computer illiterate, Self set up with a photo server. Build thread to come

john jones

Postby john jones » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:25 am

Workin on it yet? :-# :-# :-# :-#

Jarrod!!!! Yo.. Glad you figured out how to log in... =D>

jb

Postby jb » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:37 pm

Been working on everything BUT the kombi! Pan halfs for a 59, some barndoor metalwork, exhaust mods to put a tiwaneese hotdog on a 67 21 window running a late 356 motor, done a 36hp top end rebuild and tin paint for the lowlight.....not a dull moment around the triple J compound. \:D/

john jones

Postby john jones » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:39 am

I like hearing Josh talk about jacking his bus up!!!!

Sled must be thinking..."Shit these guys are like 10 years late!!!" Wink Wink Wink

jb

Postby jb » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:13 am

Yup already got a useless stupid fast low car.....I wanna USE this kombi!!

john jones

Postby john jones » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:57 pm

I didn't want to leave you out Josh... Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
Fortress has been secured.. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
No new dirty shop projects. [-X [-X [-X don't even ask... [-( [-( [-( [-(

jb

Postby jb » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:53 pm

Thanks buddy Wink I wanna hop on this Betty but we have bigger fish to fry first!

jb

Postby jb » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:34 am

Bit of horse trading going on....answered an ad for a correct flat back front seat for the kombi, just sealed the deal to trade him for the humpback top section I had (that didn't fit proper for my bus) \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
My seat back was pretty nice with OG grey upholstery, the early set I'm getting needs a little frame repair but that nuttin Wink

I've been collecting donor later seats for spring parts and metric frame tube sections

Correct middle seat awaiting some love too. The top of the flipper is the worst of the frame repair, springs on this one are the harder part...looks like it sat upside down with wet padding for a long time....had scraps of PG/SG standard cover =P~

Early parts are so killer!

Been fucking around glass the odd night here and there lately. I've collected all the right logo'd SIGLA laminated windows except for windshields (have OG safaris for it so will get some new safety glass cut and etched)
Cut out the remaining windows to have a look at the seal areas...to my surprise they have zero holes \:D/ gave a quick wire brush, some rust converter and started my first pop out rebuild ](*,)

These things are not much fun....took me an hour to chisel out the outer seals #-o glad I'm only doing 2!!! Then onto drilling screws and tapping pinner little 3.5mm screws out. Didn't have the right screws but couldn't resist loading some seals...

I like the delaminating edges with bubbles between layers :-# suit the bus I think.

Return to “Canadian corner”