Matteblack bagging a 58 Rag.

LOPHAT

Matteblack bagging a 58 Rag.

Postby LOPHAT » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:19 am

Hahahaha mutherfuckers no this ain't no VeeDubya it's an IMPALLLLA!

Haha...sorry Mr Lophat hasn't been around I apologize...life is just been kicking my ass lately. Haven't had much time to do much of anything but work, pay bills, and try to keep my head above water. I can't cry all that much cause I got a decent day job and do this stuff on the side.

Just seems like you can never go fast enough to catch up. Well I woke up finally (most thanks to my wife) for waking me outa my trance.

I'm honestly asking all you guys to pull over right now and stop...no really, STOP!

Look behind you...if your Wife, Mother, Sister, brother, niece, nephew, aunt...ok you get the picture isn't benefiting fully from the fruits of your labour then something is wrong. Are they better off or have you left a trail of destruction behind you without even knowing it? Life has tricked us. Tricked us into thinking that 205MPH is a normal speed. Tricked us into believing that if we go faster we'll catch up...we won't.

So stop, take stock of your responsibilities and accountabilities and pay up.

I've got some stuff to do so Im'a head it off with my buddy Hai's 58.

So Hai brought it over to my new shop...but I didn't have it yet, so I told him to bring it to my house. I'm super stoked he trusts me with his baby and I'm gonna take care of her.

And it made it up...safe and sound...after a tour around the block with Hai at the controls cause this car scares the hell outa me.

It's sooo clean, friggin hell man. So I finally get it in after a week of my car looking like a parking lot. Notice Hai's car in the background saying "thats right mutherfuckers I get the garage! Go sleep outside wit cho trifling asses!"

This car has a bad attitude. It don't take no shit from nooobody. She told me "clean them leaves and shit off the ground fo'in you take any pictures of me of your internet!" She wanted more light and to clean her up first. I told her no can do without a chamois and a wash...but I would definitely clean her up after real good.

Usually I get a vibe off cars, they talk to me. I'm going to turn this into a TV show. Dunno how I'll get it done, but if not me then someone else...that can hear a car say shit. They all seem to have individual needs and conserns...ya think I've gone over the cliff now for sure. "Well they finally pushed him over the edge now...he's having conversations with cars". But don't we all kinda realize that in some way shape or form?

Look at her with her fine ass.

So I'm getting at it...finally. She was telling me "it's about time you showed up. Told me it was too cold so I turned the heat up.

After putting these on so as not to scuff...we begin.

If anyone sees anything through here that they think I can improve on feel free to chime in. I'm still alive, so I'm still able to learn. There are a lot of great fabricators and builders out there, I welcome comments and criticism lol.

So she's up on stands...

After reminding me to do this...

Ahhhhh this is gonna be a fun build.
Pants on the ground, pants on the ground...lookin like a FOOL with your pants on the ground. Hat turned sideways gold in your mouth...

Franz

Postby Franz » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:15 am

BADASS dude! You're going to paint that?? The paint and chrome already look rockin'

Radar

Postby Radar » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:45 am

Hey Mathus, it's been a while. Glad to see your still here.

dirie1
'Merica

Postby dirie1 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:40 am

I was wondering what the hell happened to you! I thought maybe your kids took you hostage, ahahhahahaha
What do you do with 365 used rubbers? Make a tire and call it a Good Year.

john jones

Postby john jones » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:00 am

cool car... When the cars talk to you.. Your in the "right" place..
Working on my fortress of solitude.... Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

LOPHAT

Postby LOPHAT » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:00 pm

Franz wrote:BADASS dude! You're going to paint that?? The paint and chrome already look rockin'

No paint Franz it's all in great shape just throwing on an Accuair kit. Then he's going to narrow the rear end with a ford 9" and put it on wires...that's it.

Plan is to be all bolt on, not cut anything or put unnecessary holes anywhere.

Kit is pretty nice too. Derek from Accuair hooked me up with a nice deal. Doing my bug with this same kit too.

This is all the stuff that came in the kit.

Slam 7's...new design.

Got the brackets from my man Kevin at AAC. I just get them raw usually. Then send them to my buddy's to get powdercoated.

These make the job soooo much easier.
They came back from Powdercoating yesterday.

Pants on the ground, pants on the ground...lookin like a FOOL with your pants on the ground. Hat turned sideways gold in your mouth...

LOPHAT

Postby LOPHAT » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:12 pm

Radar wrote:Hey Mathus, it's been a while. Glad to see your still here.

Hey Ray! Ya still kicking...I've been popping in and out. Just no time for much lately. Hense the need to slow down. Hope all is good with you.

LOPHAT

Postby LOPHAT » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:15 pm

dirie1 wrote:I was wondering what the hell happened to you! I thought maybe your kids took you hostage, ahahhahahaha

Nope, just life taking me hostage hahahaha!

Bug is looking slick man.

LOPHAT

Postby LOPHAT » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:18 pm

john jones wrote:cool car... When the cars talk to you.. Your in the "right" place..

I keep looking for the funny farm wagon to pull up and take me away JJ.

:)

LOPHAT

Postby LOPHAT » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:25 pm

So I dug into it and figured I'd start out front...pulled the battery cable first.

Popped the hubcaps off and got the wheels off.

It's on it's way. Pulling it apart and bagging stuff up as I go along.

LOPHAT

Postby LOPHAT » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:41 am

Ok so I couldn't get on it yesterday cause of my daughters pageant at school. Tonight I went back at it.

Took a bit, but I got the springs out. Got straps holding everything from over extending.

Up top where the upper bag mount bolts up was a teeny bit too tight. So I drilled it out To get the threaded end to fit through.

Getting all the bolts and nuts so I can set all this in, and I've got two holes to drill in the lower control arm.

LOPHAT

Postby LOPHAT » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:45 am

Got to assembling the front end and test fitting everything into place and checking for rubbing. I also went shopping for nuts, bolts, and washers.

I got air line custom air line made out of braided hose. I like swivel and AN fittings but went a different route and put the swivels on, but used seperate individual fittings to mate up to the bags and Accuair manifold block.

Upper brackets assembled.

I did a quick test fit and it seems like it won't hit anything.

I'm going to head in today and bolt it all up for good.

fast Ed

Postby fast Ed » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:59 am

That's a nice clean car ... should be pretty neat when you finish the project. Is the owner planning to change the wheels & tires as well?

cheers
Ed

LOPHAT

Postby LOPHAT » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:55 pm

He's going with chrome dayton wires I believe...15" or 14"...can't remember.
I need to remember to measure the rear end. I think we have 70" to play with to fit under the rear skirts and with the current setup were at 67".

LOPHAT

Postby LOPHAT » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:43 pm

Been at it, but had no time to post up.

So this is what the front looked like in stock form.

After drilling two additional holes, I mounted the bag up.

Moved out back.

Got the stock stuff out and mounted the bags in their mounts.

Phone is gonna die, here's how it looks almost flat.

Return to “Canadian corner”