Steve's 67 deluxe (another Canadian build)

flat_four

Postby flat_four » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:37 pm

petevw wrote: Wonder where it ended up?

About 4 years ago Petri and I went up to some dudes shop in b-town to buy some air ride parts. We got talking and he has Steves old 67. He was doing a full once-over, so the 'fuschia' is long gone. So I guess the car is still in the GTA.
Stop fighting it man. Aircooled is pumping through your veins, it fills your lungs, it nourishes your body and comforts your soul.

deluxed

Postby deluxed » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:08 pm

Hey Guys. Thanks for thinking of my build. I haven't. I am real busy. I have been working on my basement. My wife just gave birth to our daughter things are great she is healthy and the wife is doing well.

Greg(tuned perfection) has been telling me two children is a different ball game. Get your shit done. Free time will be tough to come by, I guess I am in trouble. Ha, Ha. I guess we'll see.

Thanks for the kudos on the first build. That was a car I learned on. I built it in highschool. I did alot of stuff right and a ton of stuff wrong. I had a ton of fun driving the snot out of it though. I drove to a ton of U.S shows with it with out a hitch.
Those were the days.

Thanks guys. This site keeps me motivated. I'll be back on the bus soon.

Steve

Tuned Perfection

Postby Tuned Perfection » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:30 pm

Let me know if my opinion was right. Depends on you too. I am pretty hands on with both my girls. Help a lot with dinner, showers (yah- now showers, thank gawd no more drawn out baths!!), bed time routine. Usually so tired by the time they go to bed I fall asleep with one of them.

But like a few guys have posted on here, spend an hour a day in the garage, and you'll get shit done. All I can do right now, and I make it work. Try it. When your home renovations, that bring much more return on investment than your VW renovations, are done of course. Smile

Steve, your '67 was the shit for sure. I remember it clearly, likely since it was a similar build to mine, just more extreme. Thank goodness you were normally in the '67 under class and I was in the '68 and up class. Or you would have kicked my ass every show. My '68 is up for sale again on Kijiji, since the dude is buying my bus. But my old '68 still basically looks the same as it did when I built it. Each owner updated it a bit though.

Anyway congrats on the newest member of the family! =D> And hopefully you will be rolling the 21 with mine and Pete's shortly.
Greg

If you can't run with the big dogs....

Stay on the porch.

Franz

Postby Franz » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:41 am

Lets see some "back-in-the-day" pictures of that 67.

petevw

Postby petevw » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Franz wrote:Lets see some "back-in-the-day" pictures of that 67.

Had a bunch of pics, and gave them to a friend to scan them about 10yrs ago. He moved to BC, and we lost touch.

I think I still have the negatives. I'll have to dig around.

Pete
'02 996 C4S
'05 999R
'05 V70 T5
'01 TDI
'72 Super
'65 21w
'52 Split

vwlownslo

Postby vwlownslo » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:57 pm

I have been looking for about an hour... lol.

deluxed

Postby deluxed » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:44 pm

Found some pics of the old bug. Had to scan them. I had lanner convert them for me. Thanks. 90's custom all the way. Pastel paint, suicide doors, power windows, 1 piece kit, power seats, JJ special twead interior(loved it) so comfortable. No back seat, Built in stereo. Good times. loved that car. Here are the pics

dirie1
'Merica

Postby dirie1 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:01 pm

deluxed wrote:Hey Guys. Thanks for thinking of my build. I haven't. I am real busy. I have been working on my basement. My wife just gave birth to our daughter things are great she is healthy and the wife is doing well.

Greg(tuned perfection) has been telling me two children is a different ball game. Get your shit done. Free time will be tough to come by, I guess I am in trouble. Ha, Ha. I guess we'll see.

Thanks for the kudos on the first build. That was a car I learned on. I built it in highschool. I did alot of stuff right and a ton of stuff wrong. I had a ton of fun driving the snot out of it though. I drove to a ton of U.S shows with it with out a hitch.
Those were the days.

Thanks guys. This site keeps me motivated. I'll be back on the bus soon.

Steve

Congrats on the new addition Steven.......hope mom and baby are doing well

Franz

Postby Franz » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:51 pm

Hell yeah, nice car.

gonebuggy

Postby gonebuggy » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:16 pm

Reviving this thread from the dead! Steve, update us!

Steve approached me earlier in the spring about making some replacement butterflies for his 40IDF carbs. The ones he had, had a hole drilled in them (usually done to fix improperly tuned idle circuit) and the edges had been bashed and mauled. Not being able to find any off the shelf, he started searching for other options. Well, he came to the right guy! A few years back I'd run into a similar problem with a pair of 44IDF's and had made the fixture to turn them. Butterflies are round, but not perpendicular to their plane. Weber's (in my experience) are 78* from 180* as stamped on their surface.

pics:

Old damaged ones:

Machining fixture:

Final product:

Steve, I'll see you Sunday my man!

Alex
Why buy when you can build?
I've spent hours on parts that you can buy for pennies.

flat_four

Postby flat_four » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:37 pm

Very nice Alex!

Steve, you've got no excuse not to bring the deluxe to Vdubfest now!
Stop fighting it man. Aircooled is pumping through your veins, it fills your lungs, it nourishes your body and comforts your soul.

deluxed

Postby deluxed » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:51 am

Thanks Alex, appreciate the help. I'll have the bus there been really busy working on it. It's gonna be a late night to finish it up for the show tomorrow.I should have called the GTA crew in for a group build. Ha Ha!

Whistlebritches

Postby Whistlebritches » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:21 am

Shit a hot wheel sideways! meedeep de deep de deep de deep meedeep de deep de deep de deep Attention, there is thread update alert on one of the baddest busses ever!!! achtung achtung Smile

Cheese and Crackers, Dude.. I'm stoked to see you post up. \:D/

DOGO

Postby DOGO » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:09 am

So this bus is rolling (or about to)?! I thought it was far from it. Can't make it to V'fest. I would've liked to see it in the 'flesh'.

Tuned Perfection

Postby Tuned Perfection » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:19 am

=P~

Can't wait!!
Greg

If you can't run with the big dogs....

Stay on the porch.

Return to “Canadian corner”