Steve's 67 deluxe (another Canadian build)

deluxed

Steve's 67 deluxe (another Canadian build)

Postby deluxed » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:31 pm

I just wanted to start a thread on my project 67. I have found everyone very positive and help motivate each other to get projects done and driving. So that is why I am posting. I have had this van since 1997. here are some of the features the bus will have when done. Airride, Porsche 944 brakes front and rear, I.R.S conversion, Narrowed beam, tubbed front and rear. 17-7 up front and 17-8.5 in the rear porsche twist wheels. 2007cc engine twin 40 dellortos, porsche fan conversion. Custom interior. I hope to post updates as I go along. i am sure it will not be at KCW speed but I hope to get it done in the near future. Here are some pics. Thanks for the great site. Steven[img][img]http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk20/deluxed67/127_2770.jpg[/img][/img]Image[img][img]http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk20/deluxed67/127_2780.jpg[/img][/img]Image

rustabus
Livin' the retired life

Postby rustabus » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:17 am

Wow, that Bus is gonna be fun to drive. Keep us posted on progress this is the right place for motivated Bus builders =D> Don't worry about matching KCW speed on your build, it is very hard to do. Just keep plugging away at it and it will come together. John was making fun of me last weekend while I was building the windows for my Panel cuz I had been working on my project for over a year. I think he has built two or three cars since I started my project. Keep up the good work and soon you will have that ear to ear grin rolling YOUR Split Bus down the road \:D/

Vertigo

Postby Vertigo » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:43 am

Looks like your off to a killer start! =D>

scottsain
Bryan Adams

Postby scottsain » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:56 am

love it.
VW Drag Night 2017!
July 7-8
Orangeburg Dragstrip, Neeses SC
www.vwdragnight.com
BE HERE! FREE FOOD! FREE DRINKS! FAST CARS! LOOSE WOMEN!
www.facebook.com/VWDragNight

DPayte

Postby DPayte » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:26 am

Very Nice!
The tell tale tickle of asphalt on the sagging underbelly of my lowered expectations!

LOPHAT

Postby LOPHAT » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:38 am

Nice to see you're getting to it! Looks great!

I may actually make it out to the swap meet (still don't know for sure) What are you going to be driving? wearing? Pretty sure you can spot me, i'll be in a black "Voodoo Airbrushing" jacket with a black hat.

Holla at me if you see me and i'll come over. This weather is supposed to suck this weekend, so i'm still in the air, but my buddy is gung ho and doing the driving, so you never know...lol.
Pants on the ground, pants on the ground...lookin like a FOOL with your pants on the ground. Hat turned sideways gold in your mouth...

deluxed

Postby deluxed » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:57 pm

Thanks for the kind words guys. I hope to get a real move on this baby. I really want to drive it. I am sic of rolling it around. I will try to post pics as progress moves forward.

Mathus I'll be at the swap. Look for a gold gmc safari. I'll be swaping out of it. Or trying to. I'll seeyou tomorrow. Steven

LOPHAT

Postby LOPHAT » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:18 pm

I'm going to do my best to make it, not too much cash right now so I will be doing alot more looking than buying...lol.
Pants on the ground, pants on the ground...lookin like a FOOL with your pants on the ground. Hat turned sideways gold in your mouth...

Whistlebritches

Postby Whistlebritches » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:54 pm

Really like this Bus! Gonna be a fun one to cruise =D>

deluxed

Postby deluxed » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:16 pm

Thanks again for the kind words. It will definetly be a cruiser. That is the best part for me. The build is fun , but when your out and about getting thumbs up and smiles that is fun. Speaking of fun, I went to the swapmeet today with my Dad and my buddies. My buddy Lanner drove his bus out. It's a patina ride with polished fuch wheels at the moment. He changes wheels weekly. So we are cruising up hwy 403 and I look at the speedo and he is clocking 135km in a bus with a 1600cc in it. Man that is what it is all about. I wish I had my bus to join in all the fun. The swap was ok. The drive up and back was better. Steven

deluxed

Postby deluxed » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:43 pm

Here's a video of the motor on the test stand. Sounds heavy. Love to watch it to get motivated. Hope you enjoy. Stevenhttp://www.youtube.com/deluxed67

Whistlebritches

Postby Whistlebritches » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:50 pm

ohhhhhh Yeaaaaaahhhhhhh!
Funny... Watching Franz dial in the linkage in my 2 liter on the clean cam, and then you post this on YouTube.
Keep it up man. This is going to be my next build.... a Deluxe!
Gary

Dan-o

Postby Dan-o » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:23 pm

Man I've got to be honest with you, I am not a big fan of late model Porsche wheel on a split bus, but there is something different about your bus then others I've seen before, because I'm loven the way they look on your bus. It must be all in the stance. If so dude, you nailed it! Good luck with your build. Looks like you are already off to a good start.

Franz

Postby Franz » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:08 pm

Man, I've always had a hard on for your bus...I remember seeing the pictures for the first time waaay back when h-o-o-d-r-i-d-e was just a gallery.

Love the twists and ride height!

Pigpen
What vasectomy?

Postby Pigpen » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:37 pm

Potential is an understatement for this pig...It's gonna be sick..

Return to “Canadian corner”