Dans Boosted Oval Rag

scottsain
Bryan Adams

Re: Dans Boosted Oval Rag

Postby scottsain » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:53 am

john jones wrote:Another new project.... Looks like it will be easy...

From the first page! Thank goodness y'all chose a different color over that Iroc Electric Blue mess.
VW Drag Night 2017!
July 7-8
Orangeburg Dragstrip, Neeses SC
www.vwdragnight.com
BE HERE! FREE FOOD! FREE DRINKS! FAST CARS! LOOSE WOMEN!
www.facebook.com/VWDragNight

dmastro

Postby dmastro » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:31 am

Scott, the color change was all John. =D> =D> It took me awhile to come around. I was the one that picked Iroc Electric Blue. The color is actually from a Lancia Beta late 70s and really shouldn't have been as bright as it was. I guess like the restoration of the car from the old body shop, they must have gotten the paint wrong too. ](*,)

Although the food and singing (not sure about this one) helps the cause, I doubt I will be able to pull off getting down to SC. I have made the journey in the past, decade plus ago, only to breakdown and spend a day and a half in "Hendersonville" waiting for a replacement part if my memory serves me correctly.
Last edited by dmastro on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dmastro

Postby dmastro » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:33 am

Franz, let's talk about doing a shake down on the Oval.

I would like to fly out there to meet you all, once the car is all done, etc. My wife has friends in Grand Junction so she would probably join me for the trip. I am sure we are going to need a few hours to go over some of the details of the car, i.e. radio, fuel injection, battery, where things are located, etc. I would also like Franz to show me how to adjust the valves properly. I have adjusted valves in the past, but it always seems like it is still not right.

21views

Postby 21views » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:44 pm

dmastro wrote:Franz, let's talk about doing a shake down on the Oval.

I would like to fly out there to meet you all, once the car is all done, etc. I am sure we are going to need a few hours to go over some of the details of the car, i.e. radio, fuel injection, battery, where things are located, etc. I would also like Franz to show me how to adjust the valves properly. I have adjusted valves in the past, but it always seems like it is still not right.

You Driving this beast home to Philadelphia [-o< [-o< [-o< . That sounds crazy

Franz

Postby Franz » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:29 pm

Sounds great Dan. We'd love to have you. I can show you everything.

I expect to be mostly done next week. As of today everything mechanical/electrical/body wise is full assembled and functioning. I'm about to paint the gas tank. That means next week I'll be able to test drive and finish the interior.

You know we have the Moab car show later this month. Maybe you could come out then and take your car. :-k

The cool guy battery arrived today also.

dmastro

Postby dmastro » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:11 pm

21views, I am definitely not driving the oval back to Philadelphia. The oval will come home in a nice covered car carrier so it arrives clean, shiny and ready to go. \:D/ \:D/

Franz, I doubt I can get out there this month, but early May is looking pretty good. If things change and we can come out sooner, I will let you know.

It still really hasn't sunk in that the oval will be coming home and be done!!! \:D/ \:D/

andym

Postby andym » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:18 am

It's looking good!!!! I wish I could be at the shop to help ya with the computer part Franz!!!
Andy In Modesto

Maybe Subaru parts could fix it?

Franz

Postby Franz » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:38 pm

I decided to give the tank another coat of poly before painting.

Resanded and hanging in the paint booth. I was going to paint, but noticed that we are out of hardener and the paint store is closed until monday ](*,)

Bumpers and running boards installed

scottsain
Bryan Adams

Postby scottsain » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:49 pm

dmastro wrote:Scott, the color change was all John. =D> =D> It took me awhile to come around. I was the one that picked Iroc Electric Blue. The color is actually from a Lancia Beta late 70s and really shouldn't have been as bright as it was. I guess like the restoration of the car from the old body shop, they must have gotten the paint wrong too. ](*,)

Although the food and singing (not sure about this one) helps the cause, I doubt I will be able to pull off getting down to SC. I have made the journey in the past, decade plus ago, only to breakdown and spend a day and a half in "Hendersonville" waiting for a replacement part if my memory serves me correctly.

You know I'm just joking. But it does look better.

I'd help in any way to get you and the car down here. It would be worth it for both of us!
Attachments
16174545_10211722349561299_2712280216275187931_n.jpg
16174545_10211722349561299_2712280216275187931_n.jpg (106.98 KiB) Viewed 582 times
VW Drag Night 2017!
July 7-8
Orangeburg Dragstrip, Neeses SC
www.vwdragnight.com
BE HERE! FREE FOOD! FREE DRINKS! FAST CARS! LOOSE WOMEN!
www.facebook.com/VWDragNight

john jones

Postby john jones » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:51 pm

another project coming to an end..... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> another dream made reality... If there is something KCW is really good at... is finishing projects!!!!!!!!!!! There have been very few cars come through here that we did not finish... [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X I am proud of that!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
:-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-"

Franz

Postby Franz » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:22 am

Had some fisheyes in the sealer on the gastank yesterday. I stopped. Time to sand out the imperfections, and top coat this morning.

Smart battery and secret audio install started yesterday.

Lots of extras. Bluetooth and Ipod controls.

BBWB

Postby BBWB » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:34 am

Is the battery going to lay flat? Or on the side? Looks like plenty of room to play with configurations.
Let me draw you a fucking picture!

alykat

Postby alykat » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:30 am

My, that is a GOOD LOOKING car ! =D> =D> =D> =D>
911 operator: What is your emergency ? Me: Some asshole just pulled out in front of me & totaled my car! 911: Are you injured? Me: No. 911: Is the other driver injured ? Me: Not yet....but you should probably send an ambulance.

tlambert

Postby tlambert » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:52 am

Franz is it any shorter than a stock size battery?
Tim

john jones wrote:Sanding sucks balls, My balls have been about sucked off..:-#

S-10 BB Swap
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f10/1st-gen-bigblock-installation-223375/

Franz

Postby Franz » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:58 am

Its about 3/4" taller.

Return to “KCW completed projects”