Dans Boosted Oval Rag

Franz

Re: Dans Boosted Oval Rag

Postby Franz » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:22 pm

Doug installed some seat covers. They are red!

Aluminum speaker mounts and sound deadner. With carpet glued in these shouldn't stick out too bad.

Franz

Postby Franz » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:28 pm

Trying to figure out a shroud for the 3rd brake light. Not have any stellar ideas. Suggestions? I can't very well screw to the lip that I have the LED strip attached to.

Grabbed any type of rubber that I thought I could make fit. The larger stuff held up to the window looked large and clunky. Its like a 2" gap. If I make it that large its going to stick-out.

Bus pop-out rubber could be glued on, but didn't shroud the light at all.

Dome light

Bus dome light switch next the the steering column. This car doesn't utilize door contact switches.

jb

Postby jb » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:43 pm

How bout forming an aluminum hood and wrapping it in head liner material?

PeteSC

Postby PeteSC » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:00 pm

Is there any room on the ends of the aluminum strip to pop in some very small rivnuts? If so a small aluminum hood like JB mentioned?
Meh.

63Ragtop

Postby 63Ragtop » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:13 pm

do you know anyone with a 3D printer?

I dig the speaker mounts, have thought about making something like that one day, now I have something to follow! [-o<

silas

Postby silas » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:12 pm

Franz wrote:Image

beauty!!
Zündfolge Car Club

Stock Motor Challenge

john jones

Postby john jones » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:12 am

I think a lot of thought, time and effort is being put into something that makes nearly zero difference for anyone. :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k but someone brought it up.. and now it's like that annoying fly buzzing around.. :-k :-k :-k #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o right now, it is nearly invisible.. if we mess up that oval window in the back, it's gonna make everyone notice it.. :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k
:-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-"

Franz

Postby Franz » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:23 am

I'm not feeling it. I could screw into the window rubber with stand-offs or something...but its the look I'm concerned with.

Because of the angle of the glass, it makes the shroud deep and super visible. I stuck some tape up there so that you can see what I'm talking about. Even in black its not going to look very pretty.

Franz

Postby Franz » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:25 am

Door assembly today!

21views

Postby 21views » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:28 am

john jones wrote:I think a lot of thought, time and effort is being put into something that makes nearly zero difference for anyone. :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k but someone brought it up.. and now it's like that annoying fly buzzing around.. :-k :-k :-k #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o right now, it is nearly invisible.. if we mess up that oval window in the back, it's gonna make everyone notice it.. :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k

=D> =D> =D> , agreed. The ride looks so good right now. The only time your going to notice the third brake light is at night when being used. I daily my oval all winter and find. With today's car heights I get a lot of headlights shining in my face through rearview mirror. So much that I turn rearview at night to keep light out of my eyes. If Dan drives this thing at night I assume he will do the same so the light from the brake light won't be noticed... \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

K Leake

Postby K Leake » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:58 am

john jones wrote:I think a lot of thought, time and effort is being put into something that makes nearly zero difference for anyone. :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k but someone brought it up.. and now it's like that annoying fly buzzing around.. :-k :-k :-k #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o right now, it is nearly invisible.. if we mess up that oval window in the back, it's gonna make everyone notice it.. :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k

I second that O:)
Kevin

scottsain
Bryan Adams

Postby scottsain » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:04 am

Third. Leave it as it.
VW Drag Night 2017!
July 7-8
Orangeburg Dragstrip, Neeses SC
www.vwdragnight.com
BE HERE! FREE FOOD! FREE DRINKS! FAST CARS! LOOSE WOMEN!
www.facebook.com/VWDragNight

dmastro

Postby dmastro » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:55 pm

To all, sorry for letting everyone hang. Let's skip the pop outs and messing with the 3rd brake light for now. If Franz wakes up in the middle of the night with a solution, we can revisit the 3rd brake light. I really appreciate all the comments, thank you! =D> =D>

Franz

Postby Franz » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:36 am

Your doors were pretty much missing everything. I spent a lot of time searching and dissembling spare doors for parts. I hooked you up with nice OG matching glass and divider bars.

john jones

Postby john jones » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:09 am

again...... another reason shown why you should take your Volkswagen to a Volkswagen shop... Someone who cares that you have correct shit and will pull out the nicest OG stuff we can find for our Thursday club members... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> How about the dome light switch, not some freakin toggle switch from autozone.. [-X [-X [-X [-X or the door stops... we coulda half assed it.. but it looks original and very much like a split has... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Franz is killing this assembly!!!!! Jerod called Franz the "finisher"... and he is the absolute best in his field at it!!!! The best.. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
:-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-"

Return to “KCW completed projects”