Parkway Projects "fix Everything"!!!

AKA The Thursday Club.
Franz

Re: Parkway Projects "fix Everything"!!!

Postby Franz » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:08 am

Alright. Got the hatch botton fixed. It ad a broken key in it. I lubed and reassembled the cylinder and installed with a new seal. You should be golden to lock it.

It wouldn't put that rack on your bus. I don't think it'll fit with the ragtop, and it'll scratch/bend the rain gutters like crazy.

I could make you something custom at a later date?

21views

Postby 21views » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:17 am

Franz wrote:

Keep me in the loop on this one :-$ :-$ :-$ custom rack by Franz [-o< [-o< I'm already drooling

mraible

Postby mraible » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:55 am

Franz wrote:Alright. Got the hatch button fixed. It had a broken key in it. I lubed and reassembled the cylinder and installed with a new seal. You should be golden to lock it.

Great!

Franz wrote:I wouldn't put that rack on your bus. I don't think it'll fit with the ragtop, and it'll scratch/bend the rain gutters like crazy.

I'm glad I asked. Does your design look similar to the one referenced (wood and chrome)?
Franz wrote:The good thing about static suspension is that your car looks good all the time. Not just when its parked. Remember that. Wink

mraible

Postby mraible » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:35 am

And so the big day begins! At DIA, through security and looking forward to this afternoon's cruise through the great state of Colorado in a classic VW. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Quick question: does the windshield washer contraption actually work on these old buses? Mine seems to have all the parts, but I've never been able to make it work.
Franz wrote:The good thing about static suspension is that your car looks good all the time. Not just when its parked. Remember that. Wink

BBWB

Postby BBWB » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:06 am

^^^^ My guess is no. Unless the system has been perfectly maintained. Even in perfect conditions, those washers would barely get your windshield wet standing still.

Years ago, when I lived in Denver, I adapted an electric washer fluid pump on my '67 bus. Water squirted great, but the wipers sucked. Never could get the wipers to work well.

Carry a bottle of Rain-X with you. If the drizzle is pretty wet, water will bead up and roll away pretty good. Spray that hits your windshield and dry's instantly will make you go mad. ](*,) ](*,)
Let me draw you a fucking picture!

mraible

Postby mraible » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:23 pm

Doh! Broke down in Avon, Colorado - about halfway home. Sounds like it's misfiring on a cylinder, loss of power, won't stay running. Happened the freeway, but I safely got off and called AAA.

Waiting now... this thing needs a heater!

andym

Postby andym » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:48 pm

That's thing need a Subaru!!!!! Na, I'm just posting cuz it's fun. Sucks man!! How was rest of the performance? Like the suspension now?
Andy In Modesto

Maybe Subaru parts could fix it?

mraible

Postby mraible » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:17 pm

The suspension is awesome! Doesn't feel dangerous to go 80 any more.

volksaddict

Postby volksaddict » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:22 pm

Damn old cars ](*,)

mraible

Postby mraible » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:45 pm

Made it home safe and sound. Tow truck driver was great. Hopefully it's just a fuel pump issue.

john jones

Postby john jones » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:29 am

Well that sucks donkey balls... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Glad the suspension is better.. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
I feel like a campfire in the rain.. :-&

mraible

Postby mraible » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:24 am

Pictures or it didn't happen, right!? Here you go: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mraible/a ... 6663294142

I have a hunch that I simply ran out of gas. When I filled up in GJ, I put 8 gallons in. I drove it 144 miles. 144/18 = 18. It's a 10 gallon tank, but I doubt I get 18 mpg at 80 mph. I recall hearing something from a local Porsche expert that running out of gas can cause fuel pump issues. #-o #-o #-o

Franz

Postby Franz » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:46 am

Sorry to hear that Matt.

Plugged jet maybe?? Once you got to the bottom of the tank it sucked some dirt?

The high pressure pump on fuel injected cars can be damaged by running out of fuel....You bus has a low pressure generic type fuel pump like you would find at napa/autozone. Not as easily damaged. Check the wiring? Can you hear it hum when the key is turned on?

mraible

Postby mraible » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:22 am

I thought an empty tank might be an issue last night while I was waiting for AAA. We tried putting a couple gallons in, but it still wouldn't start. Wouldn't even fire.

This morning, I had a hunch it might work now. Went to the garage and it fired right up! Took it for a 2-mile test drive to the local gas station and filled up. Seems to run fine now! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

I guess I should fill up around 130 miles and not trust this gas gauge. This is what it reads with a full tank. And last night it wasn't quite on E when I was waiting for AAA.

Franz

Postby Franz » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:36 am

Sometimes the gas cap does not vent which causes the tank to become negative pressure after the fuel is emptied from driving. Check the gas cap for suction when/if that happens again.

Return to “KCW current projects”