My project "Ruben"

john jones

Re: My project "Ruben"

Postby john jones » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:47 am

bitchen.... =D> =D> =D> are you in canada?
Fortress has been secured.. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
No new dirty shop projects. [-X [-X [-X don't even ask... [-( [-( [-( [-(

LooseNuts

Postby LooseNuts » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:17 am

JWDII wrote:
PeteSC wrote:That's a bitchin' car!

Year? Plans for it?

. So after getting over my disgust of all the prior events I was told by fellow forum members Loosenuts and A1Steaksauce It will never be O.G., Its already custom so you may as well lay it out and enjoy it.!

this part was funny and true. and I haven't heard from Anthony in a long time. hope he is going good.

bitch still looks good brutha!! =D> =D>
IG - @vwloosenuts
www.vwloosenuts.com

LooseNuts

Postby LooseNuts » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:19 am

john jones wrote:bitchen.... =D> =D> =D> are you in canada?

hes a US guy
IG - @vwloosenuts
www.vwloosenuts.com

john jones

Postby john jones » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:23 am

speaking of A1 steak sauce.... Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile :-& :-& :-&

I need to get doug on a headliner in my body dropped caddy! !!!! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Fortress has been secured.. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
No new dirty shop projects. [-X [-X [-X don't even ask... [-( [-( [-( [-(

rustabus
Livin' the retired life

Postby rustabus » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:50 pm

Where is Doug anyways?????? Think he has a couple projects on his list!!!!! :-k :-k :-k Smile

JWDII

Postby JWDII » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:42 am

LooseNuts wrote:

hes a US guy

Thanks nuts! I'm in South East. \:D/
"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
-- St. Francis Of Assisi.

JWDII

Postby JWDII » Thu May 04, 2017 12:57 pm

Not a big update but I did get it up on stands. I fixed the ground wire in the distributor and put a set of points I had in it and set the gap. Put a new condenser on it and hoped like hell the test light would come on this time. [-o< I flipped on the ignition and I was excited to see that light come on. I got it static timed at about 10:30 pm and went to bed with a smile. Plan this weekend to put another copper crunch washer between the fuel tap and tank. the last one didn't seat/seal. I will change the oil since it's been sitting a year and smells like gas from the last time I tried to start it and realized I had no fire after a few attempts. Then I hope to start it up for the first time since I owned it. I have fire, fuel and air something should happen. 8-[ 8-[
"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

JWDII

Postby JWDII » Mon May 08, 2017 7:23 am

Got the oil and some fresh gas ready Friday morning. While at work that day got a call from my wife crying! Seems my mother n law was found by here nurse unresponsive and in bad shape. She had overdosed on some of here meds. Her mind has been getting worse and seems she don't know and can't remember what she took. So, we pretty much spent the weekend with her and had to begin the awful process of finding a nursing home for her. She has got to bad for assisted living.

So now the plan is to work on this thing in the evenings this week. Got to get this thing going. Helps relieve some of life's stress working on an Aircooled.

andym

Postby andym » Mon May 08, 2017 7:55 am

Little bit daily adds up!
Andy In Modesto

Maybe Subaru parts could fix it?

Franz

Postby Franz » Mon May 08, 2017 7:57 am

You should just trade that 48 to me for something already lowered and driving. [-o<

JWDII

Postby JWDII » Tue May 09, 2017 10:12 am

Franz wrote:You should just trade that 48 to me for something already lowered and driving. [-o<

=; =; [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-( [-(

Smile

JWDII

Postby JWDII » Thu May 11, 2017 8:34 am

Well found one of the old gaskets sets I have only to find only one cover gasket and no crunch washers. I went ahead and ordered a new cover with a magnetic plug with fresh gasket kit. I did pull the rear bumper and discover the left rear fender is a later replacement.
left rear.
right rear.
I'm no expert but I noticed the spot for the overrider on the left and how the bumper hole is tapered at the bottom on the right(I think that is correct for the car :-k ) and not on the left. Not a big deal to me [-( but fun finding stuff. Smile
Then under the undercoat sprayed in the fender is this that looks to be bahama blue and I am quite sure was not offered in 48

Return to “Show Pics / Readers Rides”