Stretched Highroof Camper

vwfool

Re: Stretched Highroof Camper

Postby vwfool » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:34 pm

I tried to do it thru is web site but it's all screwed up. So I called him to explain I would be emailing him my list and spoke to him. Nothing since I sent it. I just emailed him again. Irritating, I shouldnt have to work this hard to spend my money.
Last edited by vwfool on Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glenn A

Postby Glenn A » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:42 pm

One order I heard nothing and then got a DHL tracking number.
Check you spam folder just incase.
60 doublecab.
63 ragtop.
65 EzCamper.
66 doublecab.
10 sportwagen. TDI buyback.

cookiemonster131

Postby cookiemonster131 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:57 am

scott try contacting monkeynutsvw in charlotte nc. They are a direct dealer for gerson and Coby, i think is his name, is on here and works there.
"With all of those VW's in the parking lot i thought it was a Unitarian Church" Hank Hill

VWsArent4Hippies

Postby VWsArent4Hippies » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:00 am

cookiemonster131 wrote:scott try contacting monkeynutsvw in charlotte nc. They are a direct dealer for gerson and Coby, i think is his name, is on here and works there.

We aren't a distributor anymore as of about a month ago. I know he was pretty busy getting everything in order for Bulli Brigade/ Bug Jam this past weekend, and is restructuring a lot of the company. I would try to contact them again towards the end of this week when they're back in the shop

cookiemonster131

Postby cookiemonster131 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:10 am

well hell...
"With all of those VW's in the parking lot i thought it was a Unitarian Church" Hank Hill

vwfool

Postby vwfool » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:31 am

I guess that explains it. ](*,) ](*,)

vwfool

Postby vwfool » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:52 am

Well I finally got ahold of Gerson and got my order in and paid.

I have slowly been making progress on this project even if it's an hour or two every night after work and in between fixing crap on my house, letting my hand heal etc. My goal recently has been to clean out my shop in preparation for the long bus to fit into it to begin the rust repair as I would have room enough to move around the entire thing. It's just too narrow in the front garage although the garage has a much taller door and ceiling. So the roof needed to come off.

Last night one of the biggest hurdles was surpassed at 11 at night. I got the big ass hightop off with the help of just my wife. She is always willing to help but also approaches it with a quiet fear of what dumb shit I am up to while unsupervised in the garage. There must have been 100+ screws holding that thing to the bus. Not to mention a ton of what seems like some type of seam sealer tape crap that is still sticky well after 30 years of it being on the bus, it didn't give up easily. I had to make wooden support frame to hold this top up above the bus. It was a bit of a struggle but we got it up and supported. So now I can drive the bus to the shop out back.

Now I just need to start pulling windows etc. What did I get myself into. ](*,)

BBWB

Postby BBWB » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:41 am

Keep at it Scott. It will be very rewarding when you get it to usable status. I think that's what I enjoy most about my bus. Constant tweaks and upgrades. Right now, it's the mechanical stuff. I'm getting there. Heat and rear axle carrier bearings next. Then on to comfort stuff, like a side tent.
Let me draw you a fucking picture!

mtnbus

Postby mtnbus » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:38 am

Lotta work there! Looking good. And, to have the wife help ???? thats pretty cool ! =D> =D> =D>

Franz

Postby Franz » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:09 pm

Thinking about paint and resto??

vwfool

Postby vwfool » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:36 pm

I would love to paint it, eventually. Right now I am sweating doing all the rust repair. Needs a lot of work but it runs. So hopefully I can keep chipping away at it and paint someday.

K Leake

Postby K Leake » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:29 pm

Keep on it =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Kevin

baywindows

Postby baywindows » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:09 am

Nice work! Are you getting a clearer picture of how the bus was put together? Like using two or more buses, how they were welded together. That kind of stuff. From the pictures it looks like it was done well, definitely not a hack job.
Postby rustabus » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:51 am

Bays are just fine!

vwfool

Postby vwfool » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:21 am

It was done surprisingly well. I have owned a limo bug, a slightly longer limo bus than this and currently own two short buses. This one by far was built better than all of those. There is a huge stretch of steel that runs front to back next to the stock frame one each side. Looks like thick guardrail. I will take some pictures of it when I have it up on jack stands doing the brakes soon.
Last edited by vwfool on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1967kombi

Postby 1967kombi » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:43 pm

Great progress. Would be great to see this and the short bus parked side by side.

Return to “Show Pics / Readers Rides”