Stretched Highroof Camper

dirie1
'Merica

Re: Stretched Highroof Camper

Postby dirie1 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:33 pm

Causing all sorts of ahit here in San Fran too! Trying to get to Taiwan and make to make a trip around the world to get there now dodging the storms.......gives me lots of time to troll here \:D/
What do you do with 365 used rubbers? Make a tire and call it a Good Year.

vwfool

Postby vwfool » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:30 pm

Haven't gotten much of anything done since I spun it around the yard. Been putting together the model A I had for sale. It's going to England so I am sticking the engine in it and such, making wood floor boards so nothing falls out on transport etc.

I have been gone all day today. I had requested today off for a car mission almost two weeks ago, so I was spared the crashes and trees and power lines down etc. Made a 7 hour each way trip but worth it. My latest distraction. ](*,)

Actually it's going to sit in the corner while I gather parts. Needs a lot of stuff. It will have it's own thread someday. The stretched bus is getting my full attention and money when I have either to give.

john jones

Postby john jones » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:51 am

Those cars are on my NOT TO EVER DO AGAIN LIST!!! :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$
if you keep going in circles.. Your never gonna get anywhere :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k

GTV
ninja

Postby GTV » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:09 am

Looks very dry, and straight other than the roof obviously. Roadster candidate?
Living!

john jones

Postby john jones » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:11 am

that shit will buff out.. :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-#
if you keep going in circles.. Your never gonna get anywhere :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k

vwfool

Postby vwfool » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:27 am

I have a lead on another roof and the parts to bring it back to stock. But if all else fails......roadster. \:D/

Shanman

Postby Shanman » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:25 pm

john jones wrote:that shit will buff out.. :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-#

That is funny!

john jones

Postby john jones » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:22 am

your gonna buy two of those piles?? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

john jones

Postby john jones » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:23 am

you must have some sort of addiction to shit that is a bitch to fix?? :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$

vwfool

Postby vwfool » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:18 am

Bring me your huddled masses of freak abortions, odd hacks and generally bad ideas. I seem to take in all of VW's bastard orphans after they have been abused by meth heads, hippies and backyard engineers.

rustabus
Livin' the retired life

Postby rustabus » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:23 am

Don't try to make a move on the SuperHighroof!!!! [-X [-X [-X That nightmare is all Mine!!!!! Smile Smile Smile

Franz

Postby Franz » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:59 am

NICE! Put a regualer ghia roof on it and call it a sport or something racey.

vwfool

Postby vwfool » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:18 pm

Since I last updated this I bought a guy's collection of type 34 parts. Damn near double of everything except only one new windshield and no rear window. But now I have a ton of parts to sort thru. I also located a rear window and should be picking it up soon.

As for the highroof I finally got my stitches out this past Friday. A week later than expected, I guess I heal slowly. So I bought some lumber and steel. I am going to brace the roof, then remove the fiberglass top and support it with a wooden rack. That way I can move this around back and have it fit in my shop where all the tools and better light are.

I emailed a list of parts to Gerson I wanted 10 days ago. I have also emailed twice more and called and left 3 messages. No response. Is this common with him? I am getting a little pissed. I wanted to get this order coming so I have everything here in time for the wife and kids to leave for Christmas back in Arizona. I will have no distractions except work while they are gone for nearly two weeks. I want to kick ass on this during that time.

andym

Postby andym » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:26 pm

Did you ask him for limo length rockers? Haha! Umm, hey Gerson I need a long side rocker about 4' longer than stock, cargo floor long as fuck, and a 16 fold sunroof clip.

All bullshit aside, keep going Scott! I might be heading up your way next weekend to pick up a double cab.
Andy In Modesto

"You guys need jesus" JJ

Glenn A

Postby Glenn A » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:26 pm

vwfool wrote:I emailed a list of parts to Gerson I wanted 10 days ago. I have also emailed twice more and called and left 3 messages. No response. Is this common with him? I am getting a little pissed.

Yea. Unfortunately it is. Did you place he order on his website? Or email him the list?
60 doublecab.
63 ragtop.
65 EzCamper.
66 doublecab.
10 sportwagen. TDI buyback.

Return to “Show Pics / Readers Rides”