my single cab with type 3 suspension

Critter1

Re: my single cab with type 3 suspension

Postby Critter1 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:31 pm

63single wrote:Im a simple man, i like simple things. Heres my take on it, subarus sound AND run super awesome. Aircooled engines sound AND run not as super awesome. Thats all I need to know. Lol

Mic dropped...

Hay are you gonna have a booth with your roller wheels this weekend?
Justin

Franz wrote:Fine, I'll fucking change it.

63single

Postby 63single » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:09 pm

Justin, yes sir. Im going to the Classic. Do you know which style wheel you want, ill set it to the side for ya. When are you going down?

Critter1

Postby Critter1 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:25 pm

I'm heading down Thursday morning. Gonna get some afternoon beach time in as soon as we get there.
I have a skateboard wheel on the notch already. I was just curious if you were setting up a booth. If you have a purple wheel, set it aside. Smile
Justin

Franz wrote:Fine, I'll fucking change it.

Franz

Postby Franz » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:35 am

Did you just say subaru is simple??

Radiators, fuel injection, adapters, and pile of custom made parts is not simple.

63single

Postby 63single » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:24 am

Lol, Franz, you fight it for a minute the you almost never touch it again. Simple enough for me and my IQ isnt overly impressive. \:D/

GTV
ninja

Postby GTV » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:47 am

I can see the attraction some have but it's not for me. Part of my pleasure in a hot rod VW engine is tinkering with it, knowing it's built right because I did it and having an intimate knowledge of every part in it. It keeps its original character of the car intact and I like that. I wouldn't care if the Subaru engine was free and it lasted 200,000 miles. There's no fun in that.
Living!

BBWB

Postby BBWB » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:05 am

I agree to an extent GTV. I like tinkering with engines to. Motorcycles, R/C four stroke,2 stroke glow, and gas engines are some of my favs. VW used to be in that mix, but my knees and hips aren't kind to me these days when I spend a day pulling and tinkering with an engine. I don't have a lift at my convenience to take my time either. I still love to travel and camp in my bus at every opportunity. I want a good reliable engine and better heat. A Subaru engine gives me that at a cost I can swallow, and a youngster to do it for me. \:D/ \:D/
Let me draw you a fucking picture!

jb

Postby jb » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:58 am

GTV wrote:I can see the attraction some have but it's not for me. Part of my pleasure in a hot rod VW engine is tinkering with it, knowing it's built right because I did it and having an intimate knowledge of every part in it. It keeps its original character of the car intact and I like that. I wouldn't care if the Subaru engine was free and it lasted 200,000 miles. There's no fun in that.

I'm with Zack, for me there is no question....all my vws will stay VW powered....that's what makes the car what it is. I can understand if someone who isn't into wrenching on a high strung stroker....it takes lots of time and some half ass knowledge/desire to learn. Stuff a stuberoooooo stove in something, get it dialed and drive it without as much worry/stress/$$$ maintenance. I get the draw to the conversion....lazy fuckers [-X haha just kidding (sort of :-&) Steve just please don't ever try and say one of those japcrap things sound better than a properly built and tuned 2L [-X :-$ might get a hit out on ya :-#

63single

Postby 63single » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:29 pm

Jb, i repectfully disagree a little bit. I have wrenched on big VW motors and im no slouch when it comes to tuning. As far as the desire to learn goes i must have a little bit in order To take on the swap in the first place. I understand that this isnt for everyone, but it I dont have a newer vehicle to drive ( by choice ) This thing is genuinely my daily driver. I still have 3 other VW's that are aircooled and i still have to work on them.( one is my wife's bug and no matter how much I push her she wont go for the subi either. Lol ) the thing that made me look into this in the first place was the realization that aftermarket parts have been getting worse and worse over the years. Also extremely exspensive. my subaru engine cost me less than $500 rebuilt. Any Vw motor with this kind of power would cost $7000 or more.

jb

Postby jb » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:40 pm

Sorry man if my post came across as a dig on your abilities....wasn't my intent at all! There's definitely a lot of skill required to pull off a good swap as you and Andy are all over your games! =D>
Everybody is entitled to their own preferences on this, I got no hate O:) I just chuckle to myself from no on when I hear someone say how they sound so good....maybe better than a spent old used up 40 horse :-&

63single

Postby 63single » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:34 pm

Lol, no sweat man, i'm good, but how can you NOT like that Subi sound? (Then again I love the Dell chirp too and they made gaskets to eliminate that. Lol) I am more than willing to give ANYONE who wants a ride in a subaru powered Vw a ride, if I have time. I used to be a purist too, but the dollar bills spoke to me the last time i blew up a big aircooled motor.

Pat K

Postby Pat K » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:42 pm

Subis sound like a fat chick farting in the bath tub.. :-# :-# ..Yeah i know how what that sounds like... :-$ :-$...NO SHAME..I would also run a Subi... :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-#
Last edited by Pat K on Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AutoPatic

Postby AutoPatic » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:56 pm

Pat K wrote:Subis sound like a fat chick farting in the bath tub.. :-# :-#
The sound of music

jb

Postby jb » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:49 pm

AutoPatic wrote:
Pat K wrote:Subis sound like a fat chick farting in the bath tub.. :-# :-#
The sound of music

Haha this was my hidden adgenda....me baggin on subies main goal was luring Peet out from the silent clean shop corner \:D/

Clatter

Postby Clatter » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:08 pm

I'm having one of those 'string of bad luck' sessions with China parts on my type 1...

Makes it hard to stay in when you keep losing at a fool's game.

Subaru will just keep getting to be a better and better way to go as time goes on, fellas.
If you don't get your project done in a "reasonable" amount of time.. You risk having an "dated" rig.. -John Jones

Return to “Show Pics / Readers Rides”