Franz

Postby Franz » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:52 pm

Sweet vert! You're the 67 guy now. Smile

Critter1

Postby Critter1 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:39 pm

Franz wrote:Sweet vert! You're the 67 guy now. Smile

Haha.. yeah I guess so. I'll park it next to the 67 Fastback. \:D/
Justin

Franz wrote:Fine, I'll fucking change it.

Critter1

Postby Critter1 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:07 pm

Got the 2387 all broke in yesterday. Super motivating!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6uJ7KnSfZM&feature=youtu.be
Justin

Pat K

Postby Pat K » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:27 am

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> ....I dig you exhaust tips. Looks like stock location?

Critter1

Postby Critter1 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:33 am

Thanks Pat. Yeah they'll exit the stock location.
Justin

Critter1

Postby Critter1 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:56 pm

Stopped in at Wolfsburg West on my way to the Classic last Friday to pick up floor pans, running boards, and a box of small shit. I gotta say, probably the nicest guys I've ever dealt with at a parts house. The pick up/waiting area was tiny, about 10x10.. but with a nice view of the parts-full warehouse. Several other dudes had the same idea as me, so there was a bit line and it was almost 5:00. The guys working there were more than happy to fill orders. Even if all you wanted was a small bag of pop-out screws.. they were happy to head into the warehouse and get what you need. I'm impressed and.. from now on, if WW has it, you can bet I'll get it from them.

KCW might need a sign like this...
Last edited by Critter1 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justin

Critter1

Postby Critter1 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:20 pm

While i'm on the subject of parts getting. Here's a fuct up story...

March 16th.. I place an order with Aircooled.net.. Sway-Away IRS axles, German type-2 CVs, CV drive flanges, stub axles, torque bar & misc little shit.. A pricey oder that I was excited to get. I got the tracking info and knew exactly when it would arrive at my door. I had to work late that night.. so I texted my neighbor to ask if their was boxes at my door. She was nice enough to snap a pic saying "yep". This was about sunset. When I got home at 9:30, the boxes had grown legs!!!

What pisses me off the most about little bastard thieves, is that they had no idea what the hell they were stealing! I'm sure the stuff is just sitting in some crack house garage, and not making a VW go down the road!

Yes, from now on, if I have to have something shipped to my house, it will have to be signed for!

Anyway, here we are over three months later and UPS finally came through and paid the claim.. "The driver has a responsibility to place packages in a "safe" or "non high traffic" area." The guys at Aircooled.net have worked with me and kept me in the loop the whole time. UPS deals with the sender in these situations, after the purchaser makes the claim.

April 15th.. I bit the bullet and ordered a Quaife diff only to come to find out there is ONE left in the warehouse in England. So I decide to cross my fingers and wait hoping there will be no issues with this order, since I already had a pricey order hanging in the wind.

Bottom line is.. Even though its months later... I now have tracking numbers for BOTH of those orders and I'll have them by early next week!!! Sent to my friends shop, where packages have no chance of growing legs....

Oh and the white note on the door in the pic... That was from FedEx. It was a Sact fan shroud. That driver was smart enough to put the box behind my back gate. I owe him a beer.
Justin

DaKine

Postby DaKine » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:02 pm

^ That sucks man. I fricken hate thieves! I bet that shit ended up on ebay or craiglist. Glad to here UPS made it right for you
-Jon

Señor Ryan D wrote:I MAKE YOGART TO THIS!!!!

http://www.vimeo.com/16806035

Critter1

Postby Critter1 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:39 am

Berg mid mount brackets welded in. Got the pan halves ready to weld in. Tunnel cut open for clutch tube reinforcement, pulled out factory fuel line and ready to run some 3/8" stainless fuel line. Got sidetracked right in the middle of it, so this is where its at.

Shitty iPhone pics...

Justin

Critter1

Postby Critter1 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:31 pm

Justin

Critter1

Postby Critter1 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:48 am

Small progress is better than no progress...

Got the stainless 3/8 fuel line ran through the tunnel and clutch tube reinforced. Pressure tested the line with a 7lb pump & both fittings were dry as a bone. I'll be using a 3.5lb pump, so there'll definitely be no worries with leaks. I was going to blast the pan, but I ran out of daylight yesterday. I won't be able to get back on this until after the 1st of August, I'll be too busy with work. Blast, pan halves & paint is next up... then I'm looking forward to assembly of some new parts!

Thats Eichler sealing up the tunnel.
Justin

Critter1

Postby Critter1 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:06 pm

Found a some time to do more work on my floor pan. Sand blasted and epoxy primed it before welding in the pans. It had to sit outside for a couple weeks before I could get the the pan halves. Anyway, got the pan halves welded in and seam sealed.
I had my pedal assembly blown apart so I could weld up the clutch & brake pedals. I also massaged the Cosmic gas pedal and the Cruiser pedal bracket. Had to shorten the bracket about an inch and have it tig'd back together. Also brought the roller pedal down about 3/4" to get it all to work together smoothly. I think it came out nice. The assembly still needs painted and reassembled.

That red rag was barely damp with thinner. It burst into flames when the jack point was being welded in. I swatted it onto the floor and hosed it down.. no harm was done, but that was so dumb! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) Image

I had a donor rusty spare pedal assy out of a Super that we cut up. I used the clutch arm and welded it back to back with the other clutch arm to make it nice & stout.
I also cut the donor pedals in half so I could add width to my pedals to allow for mounting of these custom Cosmic pedals I had made up.

Sorry, I don't have any pics after I ground all the welds smooth. I'll post up pics once its painted and all back together.

Here's a before shot of how the pedal, bracket and roller lined up.. before massaging. I really didn't want to have to deal with a STUCK wide open throttle!! [-X [-X [-X Image
Justin

scottsain
Bryan Adams

Postby scottsain » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:59 am

Did you shorten the lower bracket or fab up a new one?
VW Drag Night 2017!
July 7-8
Orangeburg Dragstrip, Neeses SC
www.vwdragnight.com
BE HERE! FREE FOOD! FREE DRINKS! FAST CARS! LOOSE WOMEN!
www.facebook.com/VWDragNight

Critter1

Postby Critter1 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:08 am

Shortened it. Took out about an inch or so.
Justin

Matt Faulkner

Postby Matt Faulkner » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:24 am

Nice work man!! Looks like you'll have a really cool ride when you're done.
KCW Internship Graduate #1

Return to “Show Pics / Readers Rides”