new (young) member

aaronbonte

Re: new (young) member

Postby aaronbonte » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:24 am

andym wrote:Cool build man!! Keep at it!!

Thanks man, i will Smile

aaronbonte

Postby aaronbonte » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:56 am

Well it's done and i think it looks quite good. \:D/

fidysea

Postby fidysea » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:13 am

Nice! =D>

What's it like riding that thing?

aaronbonte

Postby aaronbonte » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:06 am

fidysea wrote:Nice! =D>

What's it like riding that thing?

Well at first it's really scary because you're sitting so high. Although, once you get used to the height it's really easy to drive. I think it drives better and easier than a normal bike. The steering is unbelievably light and the fact that it has 7 gears is a plrasure aswell \:D/

aaronbonte

Postby aaronbonte » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:42 am

Well, it's been awhile since I posted. I haven't really done any work worth showing, but i'm now in the process of repainting a friend's moped. The moped itself is actually quite new, but he crashed it and broke all of the plastic parts on it so we're trying to get that fixed now.

In other news, i attended a tuning meeting not that far away from me but for the most part only ricers showed up. A couple of lowered golfs and polos but nothing actually spectacular. There were however 2 nice bugs and 1 nice Bay

The first bug, looked rather nice, i think

The other bug

And the bay, this bad boy was rolling an airride and had massive tubs. Was rolling 17's too

aaronbonte

Postby aaronbonte » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:39 pm

Soo, I've been lurking for a while here. I'm now in college studying automotive technologies. Already took all oldtimer based classes. Finally getting to a point where I actually feel as if i'm getting closer to being able to work in the automotive business. I love metalwork, but basically all our classes are based on modern cars. This helped me find some more work. I've actually been doing some small installs on modern cars, mostly friends though.
Today i went to le bug show in Spa here in Belgium, by far the biggest bus/ bug/ anything aircooled meeting here in Belgium.
Decided to look around the swap meet, bought an emblem for a bus. Now i only need to buy the rest of the bus. No bus yet, had to buy a modern car. My parents didn't like the idea of me driving around in an old bus. For the most part because i commute 80 miles to school everyday.
Hope to update you guys more and sooner. This site is like the best motivation there is to be honest.
I suck at taking pictures though, only one crappy cell phone pic of the show. The emblem is in ok shape, only one small spot where it's damaged.
In other news, i just got back from a trip where i spent 15 days hitchhiking from the south of Spain to my home in Belgium. 2000 miles on my own. Trip went great and it showed me that travelling is the way to go in life =P~
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (47.88 KiB) Viewed 795 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (58.72 KiB) Viewed 795 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (36.58 KiB) Viewed 795 times

alykat

Postby alykat » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:49 pm

Been wondering where you were young fella. Good to know you are still hanging around the VW scene.
911 operator: What is your emergency ? Me: Some asshole just pulled out in front of me & totaled my car! 911: Are you injured? Me: No. 911: Is the other driver injured ? Me: Not yet....but you should probably send an ambulance.

tlambert

Postby tlambert » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:56 pm

Wow 80 miles to school??!!!

2k mile hitch hike. Nice! Sounds like a nice trip.
Tim

john jones wrote:Sanding sucks balls, My balls have been about sucked off..:-#

S-10 BB Swap
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f10/1st-gen-bigblock-installation-223375/

aaronbonte

Postby aaronbonte » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:05 am

alykat wrote:Been wondering where you were young fella. Good to know you are still hanging around the VW scene.

Thanks, I'm still around the VW scene. Just can't seem to get the funds for my own bus together. Been working my ass off though, next to school, I'm working basically everyday i get off. Other than that, buses are damn expensive to buy here in Belgium/ Europe.

aaronbonte

Postby aaronbonte » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:09 am

tlambert wrote:Wow 80 miles to school??!!!

2k mile hitch hike. Nice! Sounds like a nice trip.

Yeah, kind of sucks. It's 40 miles each way so 80 miles a day. Still cheaper than to rent a place close to school.
Yep the trip was awesome, met a lot of great people, made new friends and had a blast. =P~ Still thinking about all the great memories i made.

Return to “Show Pics / Readers Rides”