new (young) member

MichaelDF

Postby MichaelDF » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:06 pm

-Michael-
DUBFAB

aaronbonte

Postby aaronbonte » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:14 am

thanks Matt, I won't be able to work on it for the next 2 months because I got a vacation job so I can save some money for my bus one day \:D/

Koolaid; damn, compared to that bike mine is as big as a mouse looks pretty cool.

aaronbonte

Postby aaronbonte » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:40 pm

well, it's been a long time since i posted here. guess that's because i haven't really been up to much. i've completed the megabike i built and i'm working on an other project right now. Imagein the above picture you can see the megabike and the other project. [img][img]http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac245/aaronswi/IMG_0032_zps51eeee9c.jpg[/img]and this is an other picture of the project. i'm planning on getting it running and then placing the engine on a go kart or some sort.
although i wasn't really able to go out to the shed and do some work because i burnt my face quite bad last friday while welding ](*,) learned to wear my mask the hard way i guess

rustabus
Livin' the retired life

Postby rustabus » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:51 pm

Keep at it!!! That tall bike is awesome!! Smile Smile Smile

aaronbonte

Postby aaronbonte » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:57 am

thanks man, i'm really loving it!

aaronbonte

Postby aaronbonte » Sat May 24, 2014 3:54 am

So, it has been a while since i last posted in here but my homework has been crazy. I've been working nights till 2 am for school but anyway, this meant i wasn't really able to get out much and do work. I did however finally finish my tall bike and drove around on it. Here's a pic my mom snapped when i was driving around \:D/

fidysea

Postby fidysea » Sat May 24, 2014 5:06 am

Stack em high!

Like pancakes!

Nice

aaronbonte

Re: new (young) member

Postby aaronbonte » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:16 pm

Well it's been almost a year since i posted here.
School has kept me off working for a while now but the big project we have to build is almost ready so i finally could get back out and do some work.
I wanted to do some bodywork so i disassembled my tall bike this week and started sanding it. I did regret my decision then but i kept on going and today i finally got around to painting it.
because i wanted it to look somewhat nice, i built a "spray booth" out of plastic sails and a heater.
here's some pics.
All disassembled
Here it's in base coat
My makeshift "paint booth" with the bike in it.

fidysea

Postby fidysea » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:04 am

Awesome! =D> =D> =D> =D>

When I was in art school I sketched up ideas for lots of crazy bikes that I thought I may build one day.

Get on that Mo-ped build !!!!

rustabus
Livin' the retired life

Postby rustabus » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:19 am

Looks BRIGHT!!!!!! =D> =D> =D>

aaronbonte

Postby aaronbonte » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:27 am

fidysea wrote:Awesome! =D> =D> =D> =D>

When I was in art school I sketched up ideas for lots of crazy bikes that I thought I may build one day.

Thanks man, do you still have those sketches?
I really want to start on that moped but school hasn't let me yet. I hope i can start on it over 2 weeks when i'll have vacation. [-o< Although we have 2 weeks of vacation, i'm going to work both of them to earn some money 8-[

aaronbonte

Postby aaronbonte » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:28 am

rustabus wrote:Looks BRIGHT!!!!!! =D> =D> =D>

It does!! =P~ figured the bike stands out anyway so why not paint it a really bright color right? Smile

fidysea

Postby fidysea » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:21 am

aaronbonte wrote:

I really want to start on that moped but school hasn't let me yet. I hope i can start on it over 2 weeks when i'll have vacation. [-o< Although we have 2 weeks of vacation, i'm going to work both of them to earn some money 8-[

Maybe somewhere maybe not.
I remember one had handlebars so high that it either could not be ridden or required great skill and balance.(actual height to be determined) I was going to attach shopping cart wheels on the very tops so it could be rolled with the front tire and frame dangling up. I took a oxy/aced weld class but I knew my welding skills were not up to par for the project. (still not yet)

The other I had worked out that it could be ridden in any direction or even in circles. A round sprinkler type cage with multiple forks an wheels and a singe frame and drive in the center on a pivot. Hard to explain. Back then I though I had it all worked out.

On way a mobile instrument.
Maybe one day like everything else

Keep Cranking!

aaronbonte

Postby aaronbonte » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:46 pm

fidysea wrote:
aaronbonte wrote:

Maybe somewhere maybe not.
I remember one had handlebars so high that it either could not be ridden or required great skill and balance.(actual height to be determined) I was going to attach shopping cart wheels on the very tops so it could be rolled with the front tire and frame dangling up. I took a oxy/aced weld class but I knew my welding skills were not up to par for the project. (still not yet)

The other I had worked out that it could be ridden in any direction or even in circles. A round sprinkler type cage with multiple forks an wheels and a singe frame and drive in the center on a pivot. Hard to explain. Back then I though I had it all worked out.

On way a mobile instrument.
Maybe one day like everything else

Keep Cranking!

Those are some cool ideas, the first would require huge balance skills i guess and the second would be a bitch to build :-k . ( if i get the idea correct )

I love the fact i can get back out again. tomorrow will be unwrapping and starting the assembly \:D/ i need to clean some of the parts first though ](*,) can't put messy parts on a shiny bike :-#

andym

Postby andym » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:36 pm

Cool build man!! Keep at it!!
Andy In Modesto
"23 year olds don't know dick!!!" John Jones

Return to “Show Pics / Readers Rides”