1956 cadillac sedan deville, new stuff coming

cookiemonster131

1956 cadillac sedan deville, new stuff coming

Postby cookiemonster131 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:58 pm

well guys here was my friday, 1000 miles driving alone, 4500 lb car on a 18 foot trailer, and lots of rain, and as always a fun time.

so i have been hunting a 1956 cadillac sedan deville or fleetwood in pink for about 10 years. the biggest problem with this was my budget, i am a cheap ass.

so i found this car on craigslist in ohio about a week ago. i beat the guy up on the price and strike a deal. the problem was i made the deal on monday and he wanted it gone buy saturday night.... ](*,)

so i called all i could to no avail to be able to find someone to go with me.

i loaded up in my buddies F-350 and his trailer and away i went friday morning at 5 AM.

i can tell it is cooler up here because the leaves are changing already (this was somewhere in VA)

getting into WV where the real mountains are on the east coast

WV state capital

about 180 miles out from my destination it started raining

here is when i got into town in ohio, the town and the leaves were great!

this is doug, he owns the self service car wash and was the owner of the cadillac until i forkover some money. the car was parked behind his car wash and only one way to get back there. so i backed the trailer up as best i could get it and still have to manuever the caddy to get it somewhat strait on the trailer.... OH YEAH the caddy doesnt run, it has a blow up motor.... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

no worries Doug (after paying him) was more than happy to go inside his work room at his car wash while i loaded it up by myself in the rain.... boy that was a fun 1.5 hours.

it was pouring so i got pictures of the rig and car later back in WV.

so 2 red bulls, 2 double cheeseburgers from McDonalds and 19 hours and i was home to unload the car... \:D/

more pics later along with plans, i have to go to a wedding now ](*,)
Last edited by cookiemonster131 on Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"With all of those VW's in the parking lot i thought it was a Unitarian Church" Hank Hill

Anvil
Official judge of posts

Re: 1956 cadillac sedan (new project)

Postby Anvil » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:19 pm

cookiemonster131 wrote:well guys here was my friday, 1000 miles driving alone, 4500 lb car on a 18 foot trailer, and lots of rain, and as always a fun time.

so i have been hunting a 1956 cadillac sedan deville or fleetwood in pink for about 10 years. the biggest problem with this was my budget, i am a cheap ass.

so i found this car on craigslist in ohio about a week ago. i beat the guy up on the price and strike a deal. the problem was i made the deal on monday and he wanted it gone buy saturday night.... ](*,)

so i called all i could to no avail to be able to find someone to go with me.

i loaded up in my buddies F-350 and his trailer and away i went friday morning at 5 AM.
this is doug, he owns the self service car wash and was the owner of the cadillac until i forkover some money. the car was parked behind his car wash and only one way to get back there. so i backed the trailer up as best i could get it and still have to manuever the caddy to get it somewhat strait on the trailer.... OH YEAH the caddy doesnt run, it has a blow up motor.... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

no worries Doug (after paying him) was more than happy to go inside his work room at his car wash while i loaded it up by myself in the rain.... boy that was a fun 1.5 hours.

so 2 red bulls, 2 double cheeseburgers from McDonalds and 19 hours and i was home to unload the car... \:D/

Nice & congrats! Looks to be in really good shape! I'd also wager it weighs a lot more than 4500!

I made a similar trip to Ohio in the middle of winter a few years ago. Went to go pick up a 3500 pound mill I'd bought and took my Toyota Tacoma and a 16" utility trailer (same one I hauled my bus to KCW with). Needless to say, the mill wasn't quite what I was led to believe it was or what the seller thought it was. It was a monster, 9" tall, 6400 pounds and all I had was a trailer with a 3500 pound GVW. Timbers, chains, & straps and a top speed of 50-mph all the way home to Denver.

Good times & it sounds like yours was too. Nothing better than the sound of the road under your tires and not knowing what it's going to lead to.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. -- H. L. Mencken

lidpainter

Postby lidpainter » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:38 pm

I towed a GTO right through those same mountains from Virginia to Michigan. I used an F-150 and it was a little iffy at times. I hope the F-350 you used made for a smoother trip.

Dan-o

Postby Dan-o » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:16 pm

BADASS! I live for those road trips. I Like the alone time, and picking up a new score is always fun. Good score and have fun with it. Can't wait to see what you do with it.
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

exciter
blue & silver

Postby exciter » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:09 pm

Cool looking ride. where in ohio was the car located?
Joe

Sainfest 2012 or bust!!!!!
Daytona 2012 here we come!!!!
slammed 63 og patina!!!!!!!

Whistlebritches

Postby Whistlebritches » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:30 pm

That thing is sweet!
Low & Wide... Cadillac Ride Smile
post more pics

Woody
yo mama

Postby Woody » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:40 pm

Probably would have cost extra if Dave would have helped load it.
Cheese

tlambert

Re: 1956 cadillac sedan (new project)

Postby tlambert » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:25 pm

cookiemonster131 wrote:well guys here was my friday, 1000 miles driving alone, 4500 lb car on a 18 foot trailer, and lots of rain, and as always a fun time.

so i called all i could to no avail to be able to find someone to go with me. i loaded up in my buddies F-350 and his trailer and away i went friday morning at 5 AM.

You didn't call the right person!
Check it out. http://www.kustomcoachwerks.com/forums/ ... php?t=3746

Thats all! That was both ways right! Nice find, looks like you have some work ahead.
Tim

john jones wrote:Sanding sucks balls, My balls have been about sucked off..:-#

S-10 BB Swap
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f10/1st-gen-bigblock-installation-223375/

LOPHAT

Postby LOPHAT » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:51 pm

What a loser, he couldn't help you load it? If it was raining who the hell was he busy helping, no sane individual would be washing their vehicle!

I just understand people these days.

Moron....I woulda crapped in one of his was bays. :-$

...good score brother!
Pants on the ground, pants on the ground...lookin like a FOOL with your pants on the ground. Hat turned sideways gold in your mouth...

hitlersride

Postby hitlersride » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:14 am

all i can say is..................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kYBRZ7WTOs

that is all !!!!!

NICE FIND!!!!!!! =D>

bussmuggler

Postby bussmuggler » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:14 am

My brother owns a towing company. Years ago he hauled in a 56 Cad that was converted into a motorhome! It was based on an ambulance or maybe a hearse body. The back was a full blown motorhome that was covered in old school penthouse pinups. When you sat in the front, it was all 56 Cad. The Cadillac Cowboy must have been living it. They dash held a Bible with a Cad emblem glued to the front, A Cowboy hat with Cad emblems attached all over and a mirror and a little coke crusher tool! The Cad Cowboy probably didn't get too far in his custom whip. The fuel tank was bypassed and replaced with a 2 gallon gas jug in the engine compartment feeding the fuel pump. That might have got him around the block once or twice.

A friend of mine mentioned it to his dad, who is an Italian car collector on the East Coast. A couple of months later his dad sends him an old Popular Mechanics or similar magazine from the 50's. Lo and behold the mighty Cocaine Cowboy Cadillac is shown in an article about this company in Colorado who converts non-traditional cars into motorhomes. It had to be the same car! The Cad-Home was eventually sold. Should have kept it and turned it into a monster truck to go snowboard in.

Nice Find and good luck!

GTV
ninja

Postby GTV » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:51 am

I know where a '56 Cad motorhome is around here!! I wonder if it's the same one?!
Living!

bussmuggler

Postby bussmuggler » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:28 am

Wouldn't surprise me. How many can there be? One distinguishing thing about it was that the back of it lifted up and there was some kind of tent back there. I think that it was a faded metallic blue...its been a while. I bet my brother has a picture of it somewhere. He was a Cadillac junkie back in the day.

Anvil
Official judge of posts

Postby Anvil » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 am

GTV wrote:I know where a '56 Cad motorhome is around here!! I wonder if it's the same one?!
I think there were a number of them because I can recall seeing one in Pube-lo.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. -- H. L. Mencken

bussmuggler

Postby bussmuggler » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:41 am

Or maybe the Cadillac Cowboy just got around.

Return to “Show Pics / Readers Rides”