What Vw Is Your daily Driver

omr_007

Re: What Vw Is Your daily Driver

Postby omr_007 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:00 pm

Thanks guys! My bus wouldn't be anything like what it is today without the info shared here on KCW. =D> =D> =D> =D>

Just look at that array of bad ass cars ^^^^^^^^^ every one of them is unreal \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

way2cool

Postby way2cool » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:32 pm

A couple of daily bays
KIM -----------------
" whale oil beef hooked "
http://www.chalkboards.com.au

Glenn A

Postby Glenn A » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:15 pm

I picked this up Friday night. I ordered it in September When the TDI deal was getting finalized. VW is buying my TDI Sportwagen back and is giving me fair deal in my opinion. So after 6yrs and almost 130k miles I'm moving out of the Sportwagen and into a Golf R. I am beyond happy. :-" :-" :-"

60 doublecab.
63 ragtop.
65 EzCamper.
66 doublecab.
10 sportwagen. TDI buyback.

omr_007

Postby omr_007 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:55 pm

Im not one for modern cars but that thing is going to put a permanent smile on your face.
My wife got an Audi S3 (same drivetrain as the R) and I must admit I drive like a teenager every time I get behind the wheel. So much fun!

Critter1

Postby Critter1 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:31 am

Still loving the SQ5! Not VW, but as close as it gets without being a Porsche...

Justin

Franz wrote:Fine, I'll fucking change it.

BBWB

Postby BBWB » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:01 am

Glenn A wrote:
I picked this up Friday night. I ordered it in September When the TDI deal was getting finalized. VW is buying my TDI Sportwagen back and is giving me fair deal in my opinion. So after 6yrs and almost 130k miles I'm moving out of the Sportwagen and into a Golf R. I am beyond happy.

You get the offer already? I have a TDI Passat. Waiting for the buy back to happen. Registered and everything. I have mixed emotions about the whole deal. Really love the Passat
Let me draw you a fucking picture!

JWDII

Postby JWDII » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:41 am

I was in my 6 daily and then markets crashed.

Now I daily this! Your business is like a second wife! When it wants money it gets it! ](*,)

I sold the 6 and put the money back in my yard! It was that or start culling aircooleds and a man has to have priorities! I can say that no aircooled was lost in this transaction. I have my 65 on about 3 days a week rotation depending on the weather. \:D/
"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
-- St. Francis Of Assisi.

Glenn A

Postby Glenn A » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:53 am

BBWB wrote:
You get the offer already? I have a TDI Passat. Waiting for the buy back to happen. Registered and everything. I have mixed emotions about the whole deal. Really love the Passat

I can seem to find the link to do the calculation yourself. Early on in the process I knew what I was getting. Just hop on here or give them a call https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/

I love the car but they are like a ticking time bomb. My friend is on his second turbo his oil pump shaft rounded out killing turbo number two, I had to replace a VNT actuator myself which SUCKS I should just did the whole turbo. My parents car had one of the diffential pressure pipes crack, which stranded them in "limp mode" while on a weekend roadtrip (2012 Passat 50K cream puff). My DPF needs to be replaced as does my friends = big bucks. When they are running good you love them but if you have to make repairs outside of warranty you will hate them.
60 doublecab.
63 ragtop.
65 EzCamper.
66 doublecab.

BBWB

Postby BBWB » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:31 am

Yep. I get all that. I had the Addblue heater go out at 45,000. Luckily that was a delayed warranty fix.
I just thought you might have already got your offer from VW. All I get when I call is message to go to the web site and register. Same with the dealer. Nobody can tell me when the buy backs are actually going to start. My registration ended November, got a temporary for Dec. I don't really want to register for another year.

Glenn A

Postby Glenn A » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:27 pm

Yea. I got my offer. That all gets confirmed after you sign up on the website. I Actually signed up in the beginning of October. 2wks ago submitted proof of ownership. I'm waiting to hear back on that. I'm thinking I'll have a date in January.
My friend registered just before me and has a date of 12/20.
60 doublecab.
63 ragtop.
65 EzCamper.
66 doublecab.

Glenn A

Postby Glenn A » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:39 pm

BBWB wrote:Yep. I get all that.

Have you seen this calculator?

https://www.ftc.gov/sites/default/files ... _table.pdf
60 doublecab.
63 ragtop.
65 EzCamper.
66 doublecab.

BBWB

Postby BBWB » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:58 pm

Funny, after I posted here this morning, I saw an email on my personal phone. My offer letter was ready to review. I guess I got a little antsy, because I push a continue button before I got to see the offer. Now I have to wait until Wednesday for it to reset. ](*,)

According to this calculator, I'll get $14,000.00 back. Not to bad, but I got to wait until Wednesday to see for sure. Just my luck, December's payment is due on Wednesday. ](*,)

Glenn A

Postby Glenn A » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:50 pm

Yea. I threw a timing belt at mine at 120k. I used the $1000 in vw gift cards for that. So it was kind of free. But it would have been sweet to use those towards my new ride.

Did you get the gift cards?
60 doublecab.
63 ragtop.
65 EzCamper.
66 doublecab.

BBWB

Postby BBWB » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:33 pm

Yes, I got the cards. Used them on the 40,000 miles service and something else, can't remember. Had the A/C compressor go out while I was on vacation last summer at 36,500ish. VW did a goodwill replacement on that.

BBWB

Postby BBWB » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:11 am

I got my final offer letter. I see a large disparity between the calculator posted above and the price of vehicle return in my offer letter. Off by $5,400.00 by my math. Is that calculator official?

Return to “Show Pics / Readers Rides”