BBOE in Central Utah

willmoss

Re: BBOE in Central Utah

Postby willmoss » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:39 pm

john jones wrote:I guess this is a case of not being able to let your baby go.. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Maybe we need to have a summer time, campout / road trip, dedicated to "Road side repairs".. a new VW drivers education program.. Teach new youths how to fix theior shit.. without you tube and a cell phone... :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$

YEAH! Might be a joke but jokes on you because I'd love that shit
fuckin willy

kevinb

Postby kevinb » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:43 am

willmoss wrote:
john jones wrote:I guess this is a case of not being able to let your baby go.. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Maybe we need to have a summer time, campout / road trip, dedicated to "Road side repairs".. a new VW drivers education program.. Teach new youths how to fix theior shit.. without you tube and a cell phone... :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$

YEAH! Might be a joke but jokes on you because I'd love that shit

We're all for the Campout and class....count us in.

kevinb

Postby kevinb » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:01 am

john jones wrote:soooooooo what happened to my old bus that put it on the trailer!!! :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k

Soooo....we now know what needed to be fixed but what caused it remains a bit of a mystery. The ignition wire and tach wire were both fried. Also fried was the red wire coming off of the coil (wish I took a picture). This red wire was also not attached to anything on the other end? John....do you know what this red wire was for? David couldn't figure out what caused them all to short out.

We replaced the ignition and tach wires and the BBOE is back on the road. It returned to the desert for another weekend of Joes Valley bouldering and camping. And John didn't get a cell phone call from Cole....

john jones

Postby john jones » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:21 am

That red wire coming off the coil shouldn't be hooked up.. [-X It goes back under the bus next to the starter area. it was back when I used to run an electric fuel pump, it was up under the bus. and I left it in the loom of wires for just incase I was forced to use an electric pump in the future, road side, the wiring would already be there,... So I bet it got hooked up and floated around till the end of it touched the frame or something and shorted out.... #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o whom ever hooked it up probably just thought it was some accessory ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
:-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-"

ColeB

Postby ColeB » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:42 am

Here is that fried red wire that Kevin was talking about.
Attachments
IMG_4814.JPG
IMG_4814.JPG (155.06 KiB) Viewed 439 times

john jones

Postby john jones » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:00 pm

I knew what red wire you were talking about wihout the pic.. I put it there.. but I left it unhooked... Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink if you look up under the bus, starter side, next to the frame, you should find the other side of it... just incase, you ever had to install a crappy electric fuel pump if that's all you could find.... :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$

That was shorting out your ignition. I bet, if you had found the other end of that red wire, You could have kept on driving... It doesn't look like it completely melted the black coil wire too bad.. but who know's... I know for sure, that would not have left me on side of the road long.. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink You have a full tach harness running front to back.. not inside tbe stock harness, on purpose.. so if the ignition wire ever got melted, I could just use the tach wiring... see what I mean... Use you head, it's just a bunch of stuff bolted together.. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

You'll learn or should get tripple A

If you ever have a problem. and you shut it off quick, the problem can usually be fixed.

john jones

Postby john jones » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:30 pm

I don't want to beat a dead horse here.. but, When you opened the decklid, you didn't look at that wire and think, :-k :-k :-k "Maybe I should try unplugging that shorted out wire..".. :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k

The second that wire touched ground, the engine should have stopped.. if it touched hard, it would stay stopped, if it was barely touching, it may have stumbled, but would have stopped shorting.. then do it again..

I bet, if when it stopped, you unplugged that wire, it would have fired right back up... who cares what the other end of it was hooked to.. it is obviously a problem.

sorry.... I sound like a Dad... #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o I just want you to see this shit is not that hard.. [-X [-X [-X

andym

Postby andym » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:50 pm

You miss bboe jj!!!!
Andy In Modesto

Maybe Subaru parts could fix it?

willmoss

Postby willmoss » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:34 am

Anytime I have an issue I always have JJ in my head nagging me "Its just mechanical junior... not magic. Figure it out." #-o #-o
fuckin willy

Return to “KCW completed projects”